of August 22, 1996 No. 125-FZ
About the higher and postgraduate professional education
Accepted by the State Duma on July 19, 1996
Approved by the Federation Council on August 7, 1996
1. Legal regulation of the relations in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education is performed by this Federal Law, other laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, and also the laws and other regulatory legal acts of subjects of the Russian Federation and municipal legal acts.
2. If the international treaty of the Russian Federation establishes other rules, than those which are provided by this Federal Law are applied rules of the international treaty.
1. State policy in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education is based on the principles determined by the Law of the Russian Federation "About education" and also on the following principles:
1) Ceased to be valid since January 1, 2005;
2) continuity and succession of process of education;
3) integration of system of the higher and postgraduate professional education of the Russian Federation during the preserving and development of achievements and traditions of the Russian higher school in world system of the higher education;
4) konkursnost and publicity in case of determination of the priority directions of development of science, the equipment, technologies, and also training of specialists, retraining and advanced training of workers;
5) the state support of training of specialists, the priority directions of scientific research in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education.
2. Ceased to be valid since January 1, 2005.
3. The state provides priority of development of the higher and postgraduate professional education by means of:
1) financial provision at the expense of means of the federal budget of training in federal public educational institutions of higher professional training at least than hundred seventy students on each ten thousand people living in the Russian Federation;
2) expansions of access for citizens of the Russian Federation to the higher education;
3) Ceased to be valid since January 1, 2005;
4) provisions by the student (to students, graduate students, doctoral candidates and other categories of students) in the state system of the higher and postgraduate professional education of the state grants, places in hostels, other measures of social support according to the legislation;
5) creations of conditions for equal availability of the higher and postgraduate professional education;
6) Ceased to be valid since January 1, 2005;
7) creations of conditions for integration of the higher and postgraduate professional education and science.
4. Obtaining on competitive basis of free higher and postgraduate professional education in state and municipal educational institutions of higher education within federal state educational standards, federal state requirements and educational standards and requirements established according to item 4 of article 5 of this Federal Law is guaranteed to citizens of the Russian Federation if the citizen gets education of this level for the first time.
5. The liberty of choice of form of receipt of the higher and postgraduate professional education, educational institution and the direction of preparation (specialty) is guaranteed to citizens of the Russian Federation.
Restrictions of the rights of citizens for receipt of the higher and postgraduate professional education can be established by exclusively Federal Law only in that measure in what it is necessary for the purpose of protection of morality, health, the rights and legitimate interests of other persons, ensuring defense of the country and safety of the state.
1. Integration of the higher and postgraduate professional education and science has the purposes staffing of scientific research, and also development and enhancement of education system by use of new knowledge and achievements of science and technology.
2. Integration of the higher and postgraduate professional education and science can be performed in different forms, including:
1) carrying out by higher educational institutions of scientific research and experimental developments at the expense of grants or other sources of financial provision;
2) attraction by higher educational institutions of employees of the scientific organizations and scientific employee organizations of higher educational institutions on contractual basis for participation in educational and (or) scientific activities;
3) implementation by higher educational starting and the scientific organizations of joint scientific and educational projects, scientific research and experimental developments, and also other joint actions on contractual basis;
4) implementation of educational programs of postgraduate professional education by the scientific organizations, and also educational programs of additional professional education;
5) creations based on higher educational institutions the scientific organizations of the laboratories performing scientific and (or) scientific and technical activities, according to the procedure, established by the authorized Government of the Russian Federation federal executive body;
6) creations by higher educational institutions based on the scientific organizations of the departments performing educational process, according to the procedure, established by the authorized Government of the Russian Federation federal executive body.
1. Autonomy of educational institution of higher education (further - higher educational institution) is understood as his independence in matching and placement of personnel, implementation of educational, scientific, financial and economic and other activities according to the legislation and the charter of higher educational institution approved in the procedure established by the legislation.
2. Higher educational institution bears responsibility for the activities to the personality, society and state. Control of compliance of activities of higher educational institution to the purposes provided by its charter is performed within the competence the founder of higher educational institution and the federal executive body which is performing functions on control and supervision in the field of education and granted the license for conducting educational activities (further - the license).
3. To scientists and students of higher educational institution the academic freedoms, including freedom of the pedagogical worker of higher educational institution to state subject at discretion, to choose subjects for scientific research and to carry out them by the methods, and also freedom of the student to gain knowledge according to the tendencies and requirements are provided to pedagogical workers from among the faculty.
The provided academic freedoms involve the academic responsibility for creation of optimal conditions for free search of the truth, her free statement and distribution.
The structure of system of the higher and postgraduate professional education represents set:
federal state educational standards of higher education, federal state requirements to postgraduate professional education and educational programs of the higher and postgraduate professional education;
the higher educational institutions having licenses, the scientific organizations and educational institutions of the corresponding additional professional education;
the scientific, project, production, clinical, medico-preventive, pharmaceutical, cultural and educational institutions, the organizations and the companies conducting scientific research and providing functioning and development of the higher and postgraduate professional education;
the bodies exercising control in the field of education and organizations, the organizations and the companies subordinated to them;
public and state public associations (creative unions, professional associations, societies, scientific and methodical councils and other associations).
1. Federal state educational standards of higher education are intended for providing:
1) unities of educational space of the Russian Federation;
2) qualities of higher education;
3) bases for objective assessment of activities of the educational institutions realizing educational programs of higher education;
4) recognitions of documents of foreign states on higher education.
2. Federal state educational standards of higher education, and also the educational standards and requirements established according to item 4 of this Article include requirements to:
1) to structure of the main educational programs, including requirements to ratio of parts of the main educational program and their amount, and also to ratio of obligatory part of the main educational program and part created by participants of educational process;
2) to sales terms of the main educational programs, including personnel, financial, material and other conditions;
3) to results of development of the main educational programs.
3. Development and approval of federal state educational standards of higher education are performed according to the procedure, determined by the Government of the Russian Federation.
4. Lomonosov Moscow State University, St. Petersburg State University, federal public educational institutions of higher professional training which list affirms the presidential decree of the Russian Federation and also federal universities and universities concerning which the category "national research university" is established have the right to realize educational programs of the higher professional and postgraduate professional education on the basis of the educational standards and requirements established by them independently.
The requirements to sales terms and to results of development of the main educational programs included in such educational standards cannot be below relevant requirements of federal state educational standards.
5. The main educational program of higher education provides implementation of the federal state educational standard taking into account type of higher educational institution, educational requirements and requests of students and includes the curriculum, working programs of training courses, objects, disciplines (modules) and other materials providing quality of training of students, and also programs of educational and work practice, the calendar educational schedule and methodical materials providing realization of the appropriate educational technology.
6. The federal executive body performing functions on development of state policy and normative legal regulation in the field of education provides development on the basis of federal state educational standards or federal state requirements of approximate main educational programs of higher education and approximate main educational programs of postgraduate professional education for the students in postgraduate study including approximate programs of training courses, objects, disciplines (modules).
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.