of August 22, 1996 No. 125-FZ
About the higher and postgraduate professional education
Accepted by the State Duma on July 19, 1996
Approved by the Federation Council on August 7, 1996
1. Legal regulation of the relations in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education is performed by this Federal Law, other laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, and also the laws and other regulatory legal acts of subjects of the Russian Federation and municipal legal acts.
2. If the international treaty of the Russian Federation establishes other rules, than those which are provided by this Federal Law are applied rules of the international treaty.
1. State policy in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education is based on the principles determined by the Law of the Russian Federation "About education" and also on the following principles:
1) Voided since January 1, 2005;
2) continuity and succession of process of education;
3) integration of system of the higher and postgraduate professional education of the Russian Federation during the preserving and development of achievements and traditions of the Russian higher school in world system of the higher education;
4) konkursnost and publicity in case of determination of the priority directions of development of science, the equipment, technologies, and also training of specialists, retraining and advanced training of workers;
5) the state support of training of specialists, the priority directions of scientific research in the field of the higher and postgraduate professional education.
2. Voided since January 1, 2005.
3. The state provides priority of development of the higher and postgraduate professional education by means of:
1) financial provision at the expense of means of the federal budget of training in federal public educational institutions of higher professional training at least than hundred seventy students on each ten thousand people living in the Russian Federation;
2) expansions of access for citizens of the Russian Federation to the higher education;
3) Voided since January 1, 2005;
4) provisions by the student (to students, graduate students, doctoral candidates and other categories of students) in the state system of the higher and postgraduate professional education of the state grants, places in hostels, other measures of social support according to the legislation;
5) creations of conditions for equal availability of the higher and postgraduate professional education;
6) Voided since January 1, 2005;
7) creations of conditions for integration of the higher and postgraduate professional education and science.
4. Obtaining on competitive basis of free higher and postgraduate professional education in state and municipal educational institutions of higher education within federal state educational standards, federal state requirements and educational standards and requirements established according to item 4 of article 5 of this Federal Law is guaranteed to citizens of the Russian Federation if the citizen gets education of this level for the first time.
5. The liberty of choice of form of receipt of the higher and postgraduate professional education, educational institution and the direction of preparation (specialty) is guaranteed to citizens of the Russian Federation.
Restrictions of the rights of citizens for receipt of the higher and postgraduate professional education can be established by exclusively Federal Law only in that measure in what it is necessary for the purpose of protection of morality, health, the rights and legitimate interests of other persons, ensuring defense of the country and safety of the state.
1. Integration of the higher and postgraduate professional education and science has the purposes staffing of scientific research, and also development and enhancement of education system by use of new knowledge and achievements of science and technology.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.