of July 10, 1998 No. 521-IG
About Millie's committees of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic
Based on article 92 of the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic will organize committees. Millie's committees of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic (further "committees") perform activities for the purpose of the organization of primary consideration of drafts of the laws and resolutions provided to Millie Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic according to the procedure of the legislative initiative, ensuring their removal at Millie's discussion of Majlis and implementation of other obligations provided by this Law.
The rights, procedure for the organization, term of office, the principles of activities, structure, procedure for holding committee meetings, powers of their chairmen and vice-chairmen are determined by articles 35-39 of "the Internal Charter of Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic".
The committee performs the following functions:
1) will be organized by primary discussion of drafts of the laws and resolutions provided according to the procedure of the legislative initiative by Millie's deputies of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic and draws the conclusion about their consideration in Millie Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic, and also prepares drafts of the laws and resolutions at the initiative of the deputy Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic; will organize primary discussion of drafts of the laws and resolutions provided according to the procedure of the legislative initiative by the President of the Azerbaijan Republic by the Supreme Court of the Azerbaijan Republic, Ali by Majlis of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic and draws the conclusion about their consideration in Millie Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic;
Generalizes 2) and represents Millie to Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic the offers made in the bill, the Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic submitted for national discussion by Millie's resolution;
3) carries out work on the bill adopted in the first and in the second readings and prepares it for the second and third readings;
4) based on article 95 of the Constitution of the Azerbaijan Republic considers the questions which are included into Millie's power of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic and gives with respect thereto the conclusion;
5) does the offers according to the plan of legislative works of Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic;
6) two times a year - at the beginning of the spring and autumn sessions of Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic report on the work.
The committee approves the plan of the work for regular session at least in one week prior to the regular session of Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic. The chairman and the vice-chairman of committee will organize work of committee together with Millie's device of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic, provides members of the commission with necessary documents and materials. The chairman of committee exercises control over accomplishment of the work plan of committee.
In addition to the rights and obligations specified in "the Internal Charter of Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic" and the Law of the Azerbaijan Republic "About the status of deputies of Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic" members of the committee have rights of casting vote on all committee meetings. The member of the committee can express the opinion, do offers and notes on all in polls discussed by committee. In case of disagreement the member of the committee can make the resolution accepted by committee with special opinion.
As a rule, committee meetings are held openly. In exceptional cases its closed meetings can be held by the resolution of committee. At open sessions of committee the invited persons and representatives of mass media can participate.
Representatives of the state bodies which provided drafts of the laws and resolutions according to the procedure of the legislative initiative, representatives of the interested bodies of executive and judicial authority, local government bodies, representatives of political parties, associations of labor unions, public associations, scientists, experts, specialists and other persons whose participation is considered necessary can be invited to committee meeting. In this case the permanent commission supplies the invited persons with the discussed documents.
Based on the statement of 42 deputies of Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic in connection with application of the quarantine mode, sanitary and epidemiologic and other measures the Chairman Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic publishes the order about holding committee meetings by means of videoconferences in real time. Registration and vote on the committee meetings held by means of system of videoconferences is performed by means of the strengthened digital signatures of deputies.
Due to the application of the quarantine mode, sanitary and epidemiologic and other similar measures the chairman Millie of Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic can issue the order on holding committee meetings in real time by means of video conferencing. Registration and vote on the committee meetings held through system of video conferencing is performed by means of the strengthened digital signatures of deputies.
The committee accepts on the discussed questions of the resolution and conclusion.
The committee accepts according to the drafts of the laws and resolutions prepared by it - resolutions, and according to drafts of the laws and resolutions provided to the commission - the conclusions.
The committee prepares reports on the work. The report of committee is accepted by the resolution of committee.
Resolutions and the conclusions of committee are considered accepted if more than a half of the members who are part of committee voted for the resolution or the conclusion.
Millie Majlis of the Azerbaijan Republic creates the following committees:
* Committee on legal policy and state construction;
* Committee on defense, safety and fight against corruption;
* Human Rights Committee;
* Committee on natural resources, power and ecology;
* Committee on economic policy, industry and entrepreneurship;
* Committee on agrarian policy;
* Committee on labor and social policy;
* Healthcare Committee;
* Committee on questions of family, women and children;
* Committee on youth and sport;
* Committee on public associations and religious structures;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.