The contract between the Republic of Tajikistan and the Kyrgyz Republic about good-neighbourhood and partnership
of May 26, 2004
The Republic of Tajikistan and the Kyrgyz Republic which further are referred to as with Contracting Parties
based on deep traditions of friendship and neighborliness between the people of Contracting Parties,
being guided by the Agreement on bases of the interstate relations between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan, signed on July 12, 1996,
movable by the aspiration to give new quality to full interstate cooperation of Contracting Parties,
being convinced that strengthening of good-neighbourhood on the basis of mutual respect, trust, consent and equality is necessary basis of further development of bilateral multidimensional cooperation and is equitable to radical interests of the people of contracting parties,
being sharing the view that establishment of partnership in the mutually agreed directions of cooperation will allow to combine efforts for the benefit of social and economic progress of Contracting Parties,
proceeding from need of deepening of interaction of Contracting Parties for questions of ensuring regional security and stability, joint opposition to new challenges and threats of homeland security,
again confirming the commitment to the universally recognized norms and the principles of international law,
agreed as follows:
1. Contracting parties on the basis of the principles of neighborliness, partnership and mutual advantage develop the many-sided relations for the purpose of further promotion, activation and enhancement of forms and mechanisms of multidimensional cooperation in political, economic, military, social, scientific, technological, cultural, humanitarian and other areas.
2. Contracting parties promote strengthening of mutual understanding and friendship between the people of both states.
1. The cooperation between Contracting Parties is based on the principles of respect for sovereign equality of the states, independence, non-interference to internal affairs of each other, mutual advantage, voluntariness and fair accomplishment of obligations assumed by them.
2. Contracting parties make all efforts for ensuring the international security, conflict prevention and respect for rules of international law in the relations between the states.
Contracting parties advise each other within the international organizations which members they are, first of all in the United Nations, for the purpose of the most complete rapprochement of the line items when it is obviously necessary, and ensuring the most effective implementation of the measures taken within these organizations.
Contracting parties closely interact on the main international problems and questions which are of mutual interest, holding the corresponding consultations.
Contracting parties not allow use of the territory by other states or groups of persons for the purpose of the armed aggression and other hostile activities directed against other Contracting Party.
In case of situations, according to one of Contracting Parties threat or breach of the peace or infringing on essential interests of its safety, this Contracting Party can appeal to other Contracting Party of immediate carrying out consultations for development of common position concerning mechanisms of settlement of this situation.
Contracting parties closely cooperate in questions of strengthening of stability, tranquility and implementation of measures of trust around the Tajik-Kyrgyz frontier.
Contracting parties closely interact in military area according to international treaties which participants they are.
Contracting parties closely interact in fight against the international terrorism, extremism, organized crime, drug trafficking, illegal migration and other challenges and threats of homeland security.
For this purpose Contracting Parties will organize cooperation of the law enforcement agencies.
Contracting parties, understanding importance of environment protection, closely cooperate in this area and shall render assistance to development of collateral actions at the international and regional levels.
Contracting parties create conditions for deepening of mutual economic integration.
1. Contracting parties perform coordinated actions in the field of rational and mutually advantageous use of water objects, hydro-electric resources and water management constructions according to international treaties which participants they are.
2. Contracting parties hold bilateral consultations and negotiations on rapprochement of line item on hydro-electric questions in the region taking into account rules of international law, national legal systems and interests of Contracting Parties.
1. Contracting parties develop and deepen cooperation in the fields of education, cultures, science and technology, attaching great value to training.
2. Contracting parties promote development on regular basis of joint programs in the fields of education, cultures, science and technology in which are determined with the assistance of component bodies of Contracting Parties of condition of implementation of their cooperation in practice.
3. Contracting parties encourage direct contacts between higher educational institutions, the research centers and cultural institutions of two states.
Contracting parties help cooperation between judicial authorities of both states, in particular, on rendering legal assistance on civil, family and criminal cases.
Contracting parties promote deepening and cooperation increase between parliaments of both states.
This Agreement does not affect the rights and obligations of the Contracting Parties following from other international treaties which participants they are and is not directed against any third state.
Contracting parties for the purpose of implementation of provisions of this agreement will sign other international agreements.
Disputes on interpretation and application of provisions of this agreement are subject to permission by carrying out consultations and negotiations between Contracting Parties.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.