It is registered
Ministry of Justice
Republic of Tajikistan
On March 6, 2023 No. 87
of March 1, 2023 No. 54
About the Development program of agrofood system and steady agricultural industry for the period till 2030
According to articles 4 and 12 of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan "About strategic planning and the state forecasting" the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan decides:
1. Approve the Development program of agrofood system and steady agricultural industry for the period till 2030 and the Action plan of 2023-2025 of the Development program of agrofood system and steady agricultural industry for the period till 2030 (appendices 1 and 2).
2. To the relevant ministries and departments, executive bodies of the government of the Gorno-Badakhshan Autonomous Region, areas, the city of Dushanbe, cities and areas to take necessary measures for implementation of this Program and its Action plan and annually till February 15 to provide information on results of its realization in the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tajikistan.
3. Annually till March 1 to provide to the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tajikistan information on the course of implementation of this Program and its Action plan in the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Tajikistan
to the Order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan of March 1, 2023 No. 54
1. The development program of agrofood systems and steady agricultural industry for the period till 2030 (further - the Program) is developed for the purpose of further continuation of agrarian reforms, creation of the system steady against climate changes, creating favorable conditions for promotion of agricultural industry, performance improvement, creation of new workplaces, effective use of water and the earth, sustainable development, increase in welfare of the population and ensuring food security.
2. The agricultural industry and food system of Tajikistan in the presence of high-quality irrigational services have the potential for production of wide range of agricultural products thanks to good agroclimatic conditions. In case of high growth rates of the population and the accelerated urbanization the benefit to the steady product demand of power supply within the country, with other things being equal is created. It distinguishes conditions of development of agricultural industry of Tajikistan from other countries where the population is reduced and the countries shall make efforts for search of demand for the made products. Today in the country there are innovative Dehkan farms and entrepreneurs who can advance reforms if for them favorable environment is created.
3. The program represents the legislative, organizational, technical, financial, research measures approved and brought together on agrarian reforms for the next 8 years. In the Program the available budget opportunities and potential for attraction of the financial resources allocated by partners in development for the programs and projects aimed at the development of the agrarian sector, and also amounts of domestic and foreign investments are considered.
4. The Republic of Tajikistan achieved considerable achievements in questions of reforming of agricultural industry and creation of agrofood systems. Structural changes in agricultural system of Tajikistan within the implemented program of reforms bore fruit. Positive tendencies in production and export of agricultural products, and also in promotion of some technology innovations in primary production and conversion are traced.
5. Progress in agricultural industry is still insufficient for the solution of the growing problems which the country faces. Production quickly grows in Tajikistan in case of rather slow gain in productivity. It is connected with rather underdeveloped infrastructure and its inefficient use, with insufficiently developed technology base, degradation of soils and potential loss of land and water resources because of adverse changes of environment. Affects the rapid growth of the population of the country and tendency developing in the food markets in the world. Under such circumstances there is need of strengthening of institutional and structural reforms. At the same time, support of adaptation of farmers to the changing climatic conditions, reduction of access to water and increase of extreme weather events is obligatory.
6. Within the last two decades the agricultural industry remained one of the main engines, advancing economy of Tajikistan. Despite limitation of natural resources and exposure to climatic threats, growth of agricultural industry averaged on percent 6,4 during 2010-2019 and on percent 8,8 and 6,6 in 2020 and 2021 respectively. Growth of agricultural industry is generally caused by promotion of land reforms, acceleration of diversification of production and somewhat performance improvement of products of crop production and livestock production.
7. The program of reforming of agricultural industry for 2012-2020 approved by the order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan of August 1, 2012 No. 383 laid the foundation for increase in production. According to official statistics, in agricultural industry in 2020 employment made 61 percent from all employment in economy, in case of 21 percent of value added. Growth of employment in the sector is direct result of forming of individual Dehkan farms within the land reform. The number of Dehkan farms grew from 51 to 172 thousand during 2010 - 2021.
In general, from 22 Items of the above-stated Program it is executed 19, that constitutes 86 percent. On other 3 Items, in connection with failure to carry out of Items 9, the 12 and 13 programs in the provided time, the order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan of October 27, 2020 No. 556 were prolonged their terms of accomplishment and until the end of 2022 the specified Items will be implemented.
8. As a result of improvement of meliorative condition and input of new lands in agricultural turnover, the share of the acreage reserved for potatoes - percent 37,1, vegetables - 45, percent and melon - 23 percent, gardens and vineyards - percent 26,4, and also grain production volumes on - potatoes percent 28,7 - 5,1 of percent, vegetables - 93,5 of percent, melon - 76,1 of percent of fruit - 42 percent increased. Increase in productivity of grain at 18,6 - percent, cotton - 5,2 of percent, vegetables - 24,6 of percent, melon - 35,7 of percent, 1,0 fruit - percent and grapes on 46,2 - percent is noted. On average in comparison with 2012 productivity of crops more than is increased by 18,6 of centners.
9. In all forms of managing of the republic the number of cattle increased by 424 thousand heads, sheep and goats on 1319, of thousands of the heads, birds on 6266,6 of thousand, horses on 7,1 of thousand, yaks 3 thousand heads, bee colonies on 61,7 one thousand, respectively increased production of meat by 165,7 of thousand tons, 264,3 milk thousand tons, 761,8 eggs one million pieces, wool on 1,8 of thousand tons, honey on 1,1 of thousand tons. With development of fishery on all republic the quantity of fish farms which reached 366 units increased, production of fish meat increased by 9 times.
10. For the period 2012-2022 growth of acreage of the following crops is observed: potatoes of 14 percent and vegetables on 6, percent. At the same time because of increase in market orientation of agricultural industry in the country, reduction of cultivated area by 11 percent in case of some yield increase and stabilization of the area under cotton (increase in everything at percent 0,1) is observed. For this period the areas of gardens increased by 13 percent. Also production volumes of fruit on - 9,6 of percent, melon - 61,8 of percent, vegetables - 29,1 of percent, grapes - 4,7 of percent, rice - 20,1 of percent and potatoes - percent 0,1 increased. At the same time increase in productivity of grapes constituted 61 percent, rice - 42 percent, melon - 27,9 of percent and vegetables - percent 21,4.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.