of December 8, 2022 No. 340
About prohibition of disconnection from housing and communal services during the cold period of year
The parliament adopts this organic law.
(1) the Purpose of this law is social protection of some categories of the consumers determined according to the Law on Fonda of decrease in energy vulnerability No. 241/2022, by exception of risks of energy poverty of the vulnerable population during the cold period of year.
(2) This law regulates additional measures of social protection of consumers with very high energy vulnerability and consumers with high energy vulnerability concerning ensuring access to energy resources during the cold period of year.
For the purposes of this law the following concepts are used:
shutdown - the action performed by the supplier which purpose is the temporary or permanent termination of provision of housing-and-municipal service, including by disconnection from distribution networks;
the supplier - the legal entity, the owner of the license for delivery to households of natural gas, heat energy or the electric power;
household - unit consisting of housing and jointly the physical persons living in this housing;
the cold period of year - the five-months period between November 1, 2022 and on March 31, 2023;
housing and communal services - delivery services to households of natural gas, heat energy and the electric power.
(1) During the cold period of year shutdown of households untimely payment of the provided housing-and-municipal service is forbidden to suppliers.
(2) part Provisions (1) are applied in case of cumulative observance of the following conditions:
1) the category of very high or high energy vulnerability according to article 7 of the Law on Fonda of decrease in energy vulnerability No. 241/2022 was appropriated to household;
2) overdue debt was partially paid, namely:
a) in the amount of 50% of outstanding amount for the current settlement period - in case of households with very high energy vulnerability;
b) in the amount of 60% of outstanding amount for the current settlement period - in case of households with high energy vulnerability;
3) cumulative amount of debt, the year which is saved up for the cold period, does not exceed the amount of 5000 lei in case of delivery services of natural gas and heat energy and the amount of 1500 lei - in case of electric power delivery service.
Works on servicing and non-admissions of risks for life and health of the population, and also situation in case of which shutdown is performed based on the statement of the residential customer do not fall under operation of this law of action for restriction, suspension and/or any other type of interruption of rendering housing-and-municipal service owing to need of elimination of accidents.
(1) This law becomes effective from the date of publication in the Official monitor of the Republic of Moldova.
(2) to the Government and National regulation agency in power in a month from the date of entry into force of this law to develop regulations, necessary for its enforcement.
Chairman of the parliament
Igor to Groce
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.