of December 7, 2022 No. PP-438
About measures for project implementation "Upgrade of 118 pumping points in the Andijan, Namangan and Fergana regions" with participation of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
For the purpose of increase in efficiency of use of land and water resources in the Andijan, Namangan and Fergana regions, sustainable development of agricultural industry, and also cooperation increase with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development:
1. Take into consideration that:
The Board of Directors of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development approves allocation of the credit for financing of the "Upgrade of 118 Pumping Points in the Andijan, Namangan and Fergana Regions" project (further - the Project) on the amount 199, by 96 million US dollars for a period of 18 years, including 4-year grace period;
the total cost of the Project constitutes 247, 51 million US dollars, including contribution of the Republic of Uzbekistan to project implementation in equivalent 47, of 55 million US dollars, from them 33, 95 million US dollars in the form of compensation of the value added tax, and also release from the customs duties on the account of the republican budget;
in case of project implementation the special equipment, mechanisms and processing equipment registered in customs regime "temporary import" are conditionally exempted from payment of customs duties and tax payments;
the project deadline constitutes 4 years (2023 - 2027).
2. Determine that:
The ministry of water economy is responsible executive body for project implementation, target and effective use of the credit, and also ensuring achievement of all target indicators of the Project;
management function and coordination of the Project are assigned to the Center for implementation of foreign investment projects in water economy (further - the Center) under the Ministry of water economy;
the expenses connected with loan repayment of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and also percent on the credit, commission fees and other payments become covered at the expense of the republican budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
3. Approve forecast indicators by the results achieved within the "Upgrade of 118 Pumping Points in the Andijan, Namangan and Fergana Regions" project according to appendix No. 1.
To the minister of water economy Sh. R. Hamrayev together with khokimiyats Andijan (Sh. K. Abdurakhmonov), Namangan (Sh. Sh. Abdurazakov) and Fergana (H. H. Bozarov) of areas:
a) provide before the end of the period of project implementation according to the forecast indicators approved by appendix No. 1 to this resolution, at least:
repeated introduction into circulation of 30 thousand hectares of not used land;
improvement of water supply of 57 thousand hectares of the irrigated land;
steady water supply of 4 500 subsidiary farms;
saving 287 million kWh of the electric power;
b) provide allocation to the Center within the Project of necessary buildings and constructions (rooms) in the corresponding territories with the right of free use.
4. To the ministry of water economy (Sh. R. Hamrayev):
for the purpose of acceleration of project implementation to create as a part of the Center project implementation team without the status of the legal entity;
approve annual expense budget and the staff list of project implementation team in coordination with the Ministry of Finance;
determine in accordance with the established procedure general contract organizations by the actions which are subject to realization within the Project on the basis of tenders with ensuring openness and transparency.
The main technical and economic indicators of the "Upgrade of 118 Pumping Points in the Andijan, Namangan and Fergana Regions" project according to appendix No. 2;
the forecast repayment schedule of principal debt and interest payment on the credit of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the "Upgrade of 118 Pumping Points in the Andijan, Namangan and Fergana Regions" project according to appendix No. 3.
6. To khokimiyats Andijan (Sh. K. Abdurakhmonov), Namangan (Sh. Sh. Abdurazakov) and Fergana (H. H. Bozarov) of areas till June 1, 2023 to develop the "Road map" including specific measures for increase in efficiency of the Project in the territory, to use of land which is again introduced into circulation and receipt of additional income from land with the improved water supply and also to provide the presentation to the Cabinet of Ministers (Sh. M. Ganiyev).
7. (B. Kamalov) within project implementation to provide to the ministry of water economy purchase of 20 percent of products and services at domestic manufacturers of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the expense of the means specified in the loan agreement.
8. Determine that banking activities with means of the Project are performed by means of the separate on-demand deposit accounts (secondary) opened in commercial banks.
At the same time by means of these accounts the salary is paid, tax payments and other expenses within the Project are made. The direction from these accounts of funds for repayment of obligations on other projects of the Center is not allowed.
9. Authorize the Minister of Finance T. A. Ishmetov to sign on behalf of the Republic of Uzbekistan the credit agreement within the Project.
10. In accordance with the established procedure to issue to the Ministry of Justice the legal conclusion according to the credit agreement between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
11. To the ministry of investments and foreign trade (N. K. Holmurodov) together with the Ministry of Finance (O. R. Isakov) in accordance with the established procedure to consider in investing programs of the Republic of Uzbekistan the funds allocated within the Project with refining and updating of their main indicators for every year.
12. To the Ministry of Economic Development and reducings poverty (A. M. Boboyev) and to the Ministry of Finance (A. Ya. Haydarov) since 2023 when forming the Development program of social and production infrastructure of the Republic of Uzbekistan annually to provide limits of capital investments for financing of contribution of the Republic of Uzbekistan within project implementation.
13. Take into consideration that according to the Customs code of the Republic of Uzbekistan the goods imported on customs area by legal entities, financed by loans (credits) provided by the international financial institutions and foreign government financial institutions according to international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan are exempted from customs duty.
14. Provide according to requests of the Ministry of water economy:
To the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - registration in accordance with the established procedure entrance visas for the foreign specialists participating in project implementation;
To the Ministry of Internal Affairs - issue in accordance with the established procedure multi-visas (prolongation), and also registration (prolongation) in the place of temporary stay to the foreign specialists participating in project implementation;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.