of January 26, 2006 No. 21
About approval of Rules and conditions of implementation of the alternative medical programs used in treatment of persons sick with drug addiction
For the purpose of ensuring execution of subitem 1.10 of Item 1 of the Presidential decree of the Azerbaijan Republic "About application of the Law of the Azerbaijan Republic "About drug trafficking, psychotropic substances and their precursors" of August 9, 2005 the No. 280 Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic decides:
1. Approve "Rules and conditions of implementation of the alternative medical programs used in treatment of persons sick with drug addiction" (are applied).
2. This resolution becomes effective from the date of signing.
Prime Minister of the Azerbaijan Republic
Approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic of January 26, 2006 No. 21
1.1. These rules are prepared based on the Presidential decree of the Azerbaijan Republic "About drug trafficking, psychotropic substances and their precursors" of August 9, 2005 No. 280 also is determined by rules and conditions of implementation of the alternative medical programs used in treatment of persons sick with drug addiction.
1.2. Alternative therapy (alternative treatment) - it means treatment of persons (patients) dependent on opioids, the alternative opioid drugs which were registered in accordance with the established procedure by the Azerbaijan Republic.
1.3. Alternative opioid drugs are synthetic or natural origin of medicine, belonging to opioid group, registered in accordance with the established procedure by the Azerbaijan Republic. The majority of drugs of this type (methadone hydrochloride, buprenorphine, LAAM, morphine sulfate and others) applied worldwide happen low-harmful.
Alternative treatment of opioid dependence is determined by the following purposes:
* gradual simplification of somatic and psychological state of opioidnozavisimy patients, improvement of social adaptation and their integration into society;
* good organization of prevention of AIDS, hepatitises B and C, dermatovenereal, infectious diseases;
* effective treatment of associated diseases (tuberculosis, diabetes, mental disturbances, etc.);
* more effective treatment of the complications resulting from introduction of drugs in vein, or disposal of the above-stated diseases;
* increase in effectiveness of the medical care rendered to the women doing drugs before childbirth and later;
* involvement of persons doing drugs to treatment in the public narcological medical institutions;
* acceptance of preventive measures on introduction of drugs in vein of the HIV-infected persons;
* reducing criminal activity of persons subjected to opium drug addiction;
* creating favorable conditions for holding actions for social resettlement and reinterpretation.
3.1. Application of alternative treatment (detoxication or auxiliary therapy) is allowed in the public medico-narcological institutions.
3.2. Application of two parallel alternative medical programs on one residential site and application of the alternative medical program in the public medico-narcological institutions which do not have stationary department is not allowed.
3.3. Application of alternative treatment in the public narcological medical institution is possible based on the written conclusion of the chief narcologist of the Ministry of Health by order of the Minister of Health.
3.4. Responsibility for appointment, carrying out and efficiency of alternative treatment and its suspension are born by the medical and consulting commission created by order of the chief physician in the public narcological medical institution (further - VKK) and the attending physician.
3.5. The management and coordination of alternative medical programs is performed by the chief narcologist of the Ministry of Health.
3.6. Performing alternative treatment is performed according to the existing legislation of the Azerbaijan Republic and to requirements of these rules.
3.7. Alternative treatment can anonymously be carried out. Treatment shall be carried out confidentially according to medical ethics and criteria of medical ethics.
3.8. Alternative treatment is appointed after agreement signature with condition of protection of the rights and obligations of employees of narcological organization, the patient, his close relatives.
3.9. Information on each patient to whom alternative treatment is appointed or treatment is cancelled, within three days it shall be provided to the chief narcologist of the Ministry of Health and in national information bank.
To persons 18 years of age or over with the established diagnosis violation of mentality and behavior as a result of the use of opium medicines alternative treatment is appointed with one of the following criteria:
* if at least within the last two years acceptance of opium medicines and at least 2 times treatment was unsuccessful (more than two years on dispensary accounting);
* at the women accepting opioids during pregnancy;
* in case of complications as a result of acceptance of opium medicines (various type of life-threatening cases, kakheksiya, HIV/AIDS, purulent and septic processes, trophic ulcers, B and C, ulcer hepatitises, etc.);
* in the presence of associated diseases (tuberculosis, diabetes, oncological diseases, the mixed mental disturbances, serious somatic illness);
* when there are particular cases established by VVK for purpose of alternative treatment.
VVK performs the following rights and duties:
* the solution of question of acceptance in the program of the alternative treatment which submitted the application;
* approval of the individual medical plan constituted by the attending physician and the psychologist;
* agreement signature with the patient and his relatives;
* in case of need amendments of the main diagnosis, purpose of additional physical examinations;
* for the purpose of out-patient detoxication alternative medicines or auxiliary treatment (short-term or long-term) the mode of purpose of medicine (in the conditions of out-patient or stationary) and determination of dose;
* determination of dose of medicine for alternative treatment and its correction in the course of treatment;
* each three months exercise control over the implementation of the individual plan of treatment and its correction;
* control of maintaining confidentiality and ethical standards when implementing the program of alternative therapy;
* treatment efficiency evaluation.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.