of January 12, 1996 No. 7-FZ
About non-profit organizations
Accepted by the State Duma on December 8, 1995
1. This Federal Law determines features of civil provision of non-profit organizations of separate forms of business, types and types, and also possible forms of support of non-profit organizations by public authorities and local government bodies.
2. This Federal Law is applied in relation to all non-profit organizations created or created in the territory of the Russian Federation so far as other is not established by this Federal Law and other Federal Laws.
2.1. This Federal Law determines procedure for creation and activities in the territory of the Russian Federation of structural divisions of foreign non-profit non-governmental organizations.
2.2. The provisions of this Federal Law determining procedure for creation and activities in the territory of the Russian Federation of structural divisions of foreign non-profit non-governmental organizations are applied to structural divisions of the international organizations (associations) in the part which is not contradicting international treaties of the Russian Federation.
4. Action of Item 6 of Article 2, of Articles 13 - 19, 21 - 23, 28 - 30, 32 presents of the Federal Law does not extend to the religious organizations registered in the procedure established by the law.
4.1. Operation of article 13. 1, Items 1, 1.1 - 1.3 of Article 15, Articles 23 and 23. 1, paragraph one of Item 2 of Article 24 (regarding acquisition and implementation of securities and participation in partnerships on belief as the investor), Item 1 of Article 30, of Items 3, 3.1, 5, the 7 and 10 article 32 of this Federal Law does not extend to budgetary institutions.
4.2. Operation of article 13. 1, Items 1, 1.1 - 1.3 of Article 15, Articles 18, 19, 20, 23 and 23. 1, paragraph one of Item 2 (regarding acquisition and implementation of securities and participation in partnerships on belief as the investor), Item 3 and item 4 (except for the paragraph of the fourth) Articles 24, of Item 1 of Article 30, of Items 3, 3.1, 5, of 7, the 10 and 14 article 32 of this Federal Law does not extend to state organizations.
5. Operation of this Federal Law does not extend to public authorities, other state bodies, governing bodies of state non-budgetary funds, local government bodies, the public companies, and also to autonomous organizations if other is not established by the Federal Law.
6. Action of Item 6 of Article 2, of the paragraph of third Item 1 of article 32 of this Federal Law does not extend to the state corporations, state-owned companies, and also to the non-profit organizations created by them, state and municipal (including budget) organizations.
7. Action of Item 6 of article 2 of this Federal Law does not extend to the associations of employers, Chambers of Commerce and Industry registered in the procedure established by the law.
2. Non-profit organizations can be created for achievement of the social, charitable, cultural, educational, scientific and managerial purposes, for the purpose of protection of public health, development of physical culture and sport, satisfaction of spiritual and other non-material needs of citizens, protection of the rights, legitimate interests of citizens and the organizations, the dispute resolution and the conflicts, rendering legal aid, and also in other purposes directed to achievement of the public benefits.
2.1. Socially oriented non-profit organizations the non-profit organizations created in the forms provided by this Federal Law (except for the state corporations, state-owned companies, public associations which are political parties) and the performing activities directed to the solution of social problems, development of civil society in the Russian Federation and also types of activity, the stipulated in Article 31.1 presents of the Federal Law are recognized.
2.2. The non-profit organization - the contractor of socially useful services is understood as socially oriented non-profit organization which does not perform function of the foreign agent, has no tax debts and to charges, other to stipulated by the legislation obligatory payments of the Russian Federation and corresponds to one of the following requirements:
1) rendering for at least than one year of socially useful services of proper quality;
2) proper projects implementation, the socially useful services providing implementation of activities for one or several priority directions in the sphere of rendering with use of the grants of the President of the Russian Federation provided on development of civil society (further - projects on rendering socially useful services).
3. Non-profit organizations can be created in the form of the public or religious organizations (associations), communities of indigenous ethnic groups of the Russian Federation, the Cossack societies, non-profit partnerships, organizations, autonomous nonprofit organizations, social, charity and other foundations, associations and the unions, and also in other forms provided by the Federal Laws.
4. Foreign non-profit non-governmental organization in this Federal Law is understood as the organization which does not have generation of profit as main objective of the activities and not sharing the got profit between participants, created outside the territory of the Russian Federation according to the legislation of foreign state, founders (participants) of which are not state bodies.
5. Foreign non-profit non-governmental organization performs the activities in the territory of the Russian Federation through the structural divisions - departments, branches and representations.
The structural division - department of foreign non-profit non-governmental organization is recognized form of non-profit organization and is subject to state registration according to the procedure, the stipulated in Article 13.1 presents of the Federal Law.
Structural divisions - branches and representative offices of foreign non-profit non-governmental organizations acquire legal capacity in the territory of the Russian Federation from the date of entering into the register of branches and representative offices of the international organizations and foreign non-profit non-governmental organizations of data on the relevant structural division according to the procedure, the stipulated in Article 13.2 presents of the Federal Law.
6. The non-profit organization performing functions of the foreign agent in this Federal Law is understood as the Russian non-profit organization which receives money and (or) other property from foreign states, their state bodies, the international and foreign organizations, foreign citizens, stateless persons or persons authorized by them and (or) from citizens of the Russian Federation or the Russian legal entities receiving money and (or) other property from the specified sources or such money and (or) other property operating as intermediaries when obtaining (except for open joint stock companies with the state participation and their subsidiaries) (further - foreign sources) and which participates, including for the benefit of foreign sources, in the political activities performed in the territory of the Russian Federation.
The non-profit organization, except for political party, is recognized participating in the political activities performed in the territory of the Russian Federation if irrespective of the purposes and tasks specified in its constituent documents it performs activities in the sphere of the state construction, protection of bases of the constitutional system of the Russian Federation, the federal device of the Russian Federation, protection of sovereignty and ensuring territorial integrity of the Russian Federation, law enforcement, law and order, the state and public security, defense of the country, foreign policy, social and economic and national development of the Russian Federation, development of political system, activities of state bodies, local government bodies, legislative regulation of rights and freedoms of man and citizen for the purpose of rendering influence on development and realization of state policy, forming of state bodies, local government bodies, on their decisions and actions.
The specified activities are performed in the following forms:
participation in the organization and holding public actions in the form of meetings, meetings, demonstrations, processions or piketirovaniye or in various combinations of these forms, the organization and holding public debate, discussions, performances;
participation in the activities directed to receipt of certain result on elections, referendum in observation of elections, referendum, forming of the electoral commissions, commissions of referendum, in activities of political parties;
the public appeals to state bodies, local government bodies, their officials, and also other actions exerting impact on activities of these bodies, including directed to acceptance, change, cancellation of the laws or other regulatory legal acts;
distribution, including with use of modern information technologies, opinions on the decisions made by state bodies and the policy pursued by them;
forming of social and political views and beliefs, including by holding polls and promulgation of their results or carrying out other social researches;
involvement of citizens, including minors, in the specified activities;
financing of the specified activities.
Activities in the field of science, cultures, arts, health cares, prevention and protection of public health, social servicing, social support and protection of citizens, protection of motherhood and the childhood, social support of disabled people, promotion of healthy lifestyle, physical culture and sport, protection of plant and animal life, charity do not belong to political activities.
The intermediary in case of receipt of money and (or) other property from foreign source the citizen of the Russian Federation or the Russian legal entity who perform transfer of money and (or) other property from foreign source or person of the Russian non-profit organization participating in the political activities performed in the territory of the Russian Federation authorized by it is recognized.
1. The non-profit organization is considered created as the legal entity from the moment of its state registration in the procedure established by the law, has in property or in operational management the isolated property, answers (except as specified, established by the law) according to the obligations this property, can acquire and perform on its own behalf the property and non-property rights, perform duties, to be claimant and the defendant in court.
The non-profit organization shall have separate balance and (or) the estimate.
2. The non-profit organization is created without restriction of term of activities if other is not established by constituent documents of non-profit organization.
3. The non-profit organization has the right to open in accordance with the established procedure accounts in banks in the territory of the Russian Federation and outside its territory, except as specified, established by the Federal Law.
4. The non-profit organization has seal with full name of this non-profit organization in Russian.
The non-profit organization has the right to have stamps and forms with the name.
5. Non-profit organizations have the right to have symbolics - emblems, the coats of arms, other heraldic signs, flags and anthems which description shall contain in constituent documents.
The symbolics of non-profit organizations shall conform to requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation about protection of intellectual property.
The symbolics of non-profit organizations shall not match the state symbolics of the Russian Federation, the state symbolics of subjects of the Russian Federation, symbolics of municipalities, federal bodies of the government, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other troops, military forming and bodies in which the Federal Law provides military service, by symbolics of foreign states, and also with symbolics of the international organizations.
As symbolics of non-profit organization emblems and other symbols which description is earlier included in the charter of the political party existing in the Russian Federation, and also emblems and other symbols of the organizations which activities are in the territory of the Russian Federation forbidden cannot be used.
The symbolics of non-profit organizations shall not discredit National flag of the Russian Federation, the State Emblem of the Russian Federation, the National anthem of the Russian Federation, flags, the coats of arms and anthems of subjects of the Russian Federation, municipalities, foreign states, religious symbols, and also to offend racial, national or religious feelings.
1. The non-profit organization has the name containing specifying on its form of business and nature of activities.
The name of the non-profit organization created in the form of the public or local government office can include specifying on its type.
1.1. The non-profit organization which name is registered in accordance with the established procedure has exclusive right of its use.
2. The location of non-profit organization is determined by the place of its state registration.
3. The name and the location of non-profit organization are specified in its constituent documents.
4. Use in the name of non-profit organization of the official name the Russian Federation or Russia, and also the words derivative of this name, is allowed on the permission issued according to the procedure, established by the Government of the Russian Federation (if other is not provided by this Federal Law and other Federal Laws).
In case of withdrawal of permission to inclusion in the name of non-profit organization of the official name the Russian Federation or Russia, and also the words derivative of this name, the non-profit organization makes corresponding changes to the constituent documents within three months.
1) the centralized religious organizations which structures operated in the territory of the Russian Federation on legal causes for at least fifty years at the time of the appeal of such religious organization with the statement for state registration;
2) the non-profit organizations created based on the Federal Laws and also according to acts of the President of the Russian Federation or the Government of the Russian Federation;
3) all-Russian public associations;
4) structural divisions of the all-Russian public associations in case of use in names of the specified structural divisions of full name of such public association;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.