of September 6, 2022 No. 658
About approval of the Regulations on the appeal commission
According to subitem 5-1) of article 3 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About science" the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed Regulations on the appeal commission.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of September 6, 2022 No. 658
1. This Regulations on the appeal commission (further – the Provision) are developed according to subitem 5-1) of article 3 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About science" and determine procedure of activities of the appeal commission (further – the commission).
2. The commission in the activities is guided by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan, the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan regulating the sphere of science, the Code of ethics of members of national scientific councils and this Provision.
3. The commission within the competence provides objective, comprehensive and timely consideration of addresses of applicants, including with their participation.
4. In this Provision the following concepts are used:
1) the participant of tender – the physical person or legal entity which is the accredited subject of scientific and (or) scientific and technical activities;
2) the address – the written address of the participant of tender about disagreement with the made decision of national scientific council (further – NNS) submitted to authorized body;
3) industry authorized body – the state body enabling the realization of state policy in the field of science and scientific and technical activities and coordination of works on carrying out scientific research in the corresponding industry;
4) authorized body – the state body performing cross-industry coordination and management in the field of science and scientific and technical activities;
5) affiliation – legally significant communication (on the basis of legislative, authorized, contractual powers, and also the related relations) between member(s) of the commission and other persons having opportunity to exercise control or to exert impact on the made decisions of the commission.
5. The commission is the collegiate organ consisting of the chairman and members of the commission.
6. Working body of the commission is the authorized body which performs organizational technical supply of activities of the commission, including prepares offers on the agenda of commission session, necessary documents, materials which shall be directed to members of the commission.
7. The structure of the commission is created of number of representatives of authorized body, industry authorized bodies, scientific public associations, experts, and also the members of the Highest scientific and technical commission who are scientists and affirms the order of authorized body.
The commissions are not included members of NNS.
8. For inclusion in structure of the commission as representative of the scientific public association, expert or member of the Highest scientific and technical commission who is the scientist, the scientist shall have:
1) Hirsh's index at least 6 (six) according to the international databases Web of Science and (or) Scopus for date of nomination.
For scientists in the field of social and the humanities Hirsh's index at least 3 (three) according to the international databases Web of Science and (or) Scopus for date of nomination;
2) at least 5 (five) Articles within the last 5 (five) years before date of nomination in the editions which are entering 1 (first), 2 (second) and (or) 3 (third) quartile of the Web of Science database and (or) having percentile on Cite Score in Scopus base at least 65 (sixty five).
For scientists in the field of social and the humanities at least 3 (three) Articles within the last 5 (five) years before date of nomination in the editions which are entering 1 (first), 2 (second) and (or) 3 (third) quartile of the Web of Science database and (or) having percentile on Cite Score in Scopus base at least 35 (thirty five).
Publications in magazines which indexation in the Scopus database is stopped for various violations are not set off.
The requirement about availability of index of Hirsh and Articles in the editions indexed in the international bases Web of Science and (or) Scopus does not extend to scientists in the field of homeland security and defense.
9. For inclusion in structure of the commission as representative of authorized body, industry authorized body the candidate shall have the higher legal education, at least 5 (five) years of years of service of legal work and at least 3 (three) years of experience on executive position.
10. The structure of the commission consists of odd number of members in number of at least 11 (eleven) people.
11. The commission chairman is elected from among members of the commission, except for representatives of state bodies, by open voting by a simple majority vote from among her members.
The term of office of the commission chairman constitutes 1 (one) year from the date of its election. The same person can be commission chairman no more than 2 (two) terms in a row.
12. The term of office of members of the commission constitutes 3 (three) years.
13. In case of early termination of powers of the member of the commission the new member of the commission shall be elected (is appointed) within 1 (one) month from decision date about the termination of powers of the member of the commission. Powers of the newly elected member of the commission expire along with the expiration of powers of all members of the commission.
14. The secretary of the commission is not her member and is appointed from number of persons employed of authorized body.
15. The chairman and members of the commission take part in its work on a voluntary basis.
1) addresses of participants of tenders about disagreement according to the made decisions of NNS;
2) questions of observance by members of NNS of the Code of ethics of members of NNS on representation of authorized body;
3) addresses by results of consideration of NNS of interim and closing statements on scientific and (or) scientific and technical activities, commercialization of results of scientific and (or) scientific and technical activities.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.