of August 25, 2022 No. KR DSM-90
About approval of Health regulations "Sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to radiation-hazardous objects"
According to subitem 132-1) of Item 16 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan approved by the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of February 17, 2017 No. 71 of PRIKAZYVAYU:
1. Approve the enclosed Health regulations "Sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to radiation-hazardous objects".
1) the order of the acting minister of national economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan of March 27, 2015 No. 260 "About approval of Health regulations "Sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to radiation-hazardous objects" (it is registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts at No. 11204);
2) the order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 12, 2019 No. KR DSM-148 "About modification and amendments in the order of the acting minister of national economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan of March 27, 2015 No. 260 "About approval of Health regulations "Sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to radiation-hazardous objects" (it is registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts at No. 19735).
3. To provide to committee of sanitary and epidemiologic control of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) placement of this order on Internet resource of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) within ten working days after state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan submission to Legal department of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of data on execution of the actions provided by subitems 1) and 2) of this Item.
4. To impose control of execution of this order on the supervising vice-Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan
It is approved
Ministry of the industry and infrastructure development of the Republic of Kazakhstan
It is approved
Department of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
No. KR DSM-90 are approved by the Order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of August 25, 2022
1. These Health regulations "Sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to radiation-hazardous objects" (further – Health regulations) are developed according to subitem 132-1) of Item 16 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan approved by the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of February 17, 2017 No. 71 (further – the Provision) and establish sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to radiation-hazardous objects.
2. In these Health regulations the following concepts are used:
1) source of ionizing radiation (further – source of radiation or III) – the radioactive materials, devices or devices containing radioactive materials, and also the electrophysical devices or devices which are letting out or capable to emit ionizing radiation;
2) the x-ray device – set of the devices used for receipt of x-ray radiation and its application for diagnostics or treatment.
3. The radiation-hazardous objects performing activities with use of sources of radiation carry out production control over ensuring radiation protection.
On preserved, liquidated, taken out of service, objects, and also in the recultivated territories radiation and environmental control for assessment of radiation safety of the population and the environment is carried out.
Objects on which, store belong to radiation-hazardous objects (further – object), overwork, use, transport and (or) bury radiation sources, radioactive materials, materials and on which in case of accident, there is risk of radiation by ionizing radiation of people or radioactive environmental pollution.
4. The construction, reconstruction and capital repairs of objects is performed according to the project documentation which passed the sanitary and epidemiologic examination according to the order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 30, 2020 No. KR DSM-334/2020 "About approval of rules of conducting sanitary and epidemiologic examination" (it is registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts at No. 22007).
5. The personnel of objects are provided with special clothes (further – overalls), special footwear (further – special footwear) and individual protection equipment (further – SIZ) according to the type and class of works given in the order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 15, 2020 No. KR DSM-275/2020 "About approval of Health regulations "Sanitary and epidemiologic requirements to ensuring radiation safety" (it is registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts at No. 21822) (further – the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020).
6. The personnel performing works on deactivation and cleaning of rooms, repair of processing equipment are provided with additional overalls from film materials and materials with polymeric covering – semi-dressing gowns, semi-coveralls, aprons and covers.
7. The personnel which are carrying out works on welding or cutting of the metal polluted by radionuclides are provided to SIZ for the welder from the iskrostoyky deactivated materials, and also eye protections and hands.
8. In case of performance of works in the conditions of possible aerosol air pollution radioactive or toxic materials depending on level and nature of pollution use respirators, gas masks, self-rescuers, the autonomous isolating respiratory devices, hose isolating – pneumohalf masks, pneumomasks, pneumohelmets, pneumojackets and (or) the isolating suits.
9. The personnel using SIZ undergo instructing and training in instructions for use according to the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020.
10. SIZ from film materials and materials with polymeric covering are exposed to deactivation in sanitary lock (further – sanitary lock) or the specially allotted place, after each use. After completion of preliminary deactivation if levels of their pollution exceed admissible, they go to special laundry or to burial as radioactive waste (further – Russian joint stock company). Deactivation of SIZ is carried out under radiation control.
11. On objects availability of sanitary and household rooms and system of sanitary access control are provided.
12. Sanitary and household rooms are designed as sanitary propusknik (further – the sanitary inspection room), equipped with systems of all-exchange ventilation, water supply, channeling, heating and lighting. Are part of sanitary and household rooms: clothes of house clothes, overalls clothes, Item of radiation control of integuments and overalls, shower, toilet, places for storage of SIZ, the storage room of net overalls and the storage room of dirty overalls. The system of sanitary access control provides the device of sanitary locks. Sanitary locks are equipped only in case of work of the first class of danger.
13. Availability of sanitary inspection rooms and sanitary locks are provided according to these Health regulations and the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020.
14. The personnel of objects have obligatory medical examinations according to the order of the acting minister of health care of the Republic of Kazakhstan of October 15, 2020 No. KR DSM-131/2020 "About approval of target groups of persons which are subject to obligatory medical examinations and also rules and frequency of their carrying out, amount of laboratory and functional researches, medical contraindications, the list of harmful and (or) dangerous production factors, professions and works in case of which accomplishment preliminary obligatory medical examinations in case of revenues to work and periodic obligatory medical examinations are performed and rules of rendering the state service "Passing of Preliminary Obligatory Medical Examinations" (it is registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts at No. 21443).
15. The persons who again went or translated to work with sources of radiation study safe methods of work, rules of personal hygiene and undergo instructing, according to these Health regulations and the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020, of instructions on measures of radiation safety and liquidation of radiation accidents.
16. In case of employment of the persons which were earlier working at the uranium mining companies or being exposed in the course of the previous activities to types of harmful production factors of the radiation and (or) not radiation nature data on the effective doses of radiation which are saved up by them from the previous employer are requested.
The received data are considered when calculating cumulative levels of radiative effects and under labor organization.
17. Instructing and examination on radiation safety is carried out according to the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020.
18. Enamel sources alpha and beta radiations for radio isotope converters (further – sources) are firmly fixed.
19. Criterion for source selection is the minimum value of coefficient, To = C / recreation center x J where:
With – activity of the isotope which is emitted from 1 square centimeter (further – cm 2) source in unit of time in admissible service conditions and storages;
SDK – annual average admissible concentration of isotope in air;
J – the size of ionization current created by 1 cm2 of source.
Initial superficial impurity radioactive materials of sources on the basis of alpha-active isotopes makes 50 alpha particles on square centimeter a minute (further – alpha / it is frequent/cm2 / mines) and less, on the basis of beta and active isotopes – the 200th beta / is frequent/cm2 / mines).
Speed of release of isotope from sources in case of storage and operation is provided: for sources on the basis of alpha-active 3,7 isotopes Becquerel on square centimeter (further – Bq/cm 2) in month and less, sources on the basis of beta and active isotopes – 185 Bq/cm2 a month.
20. The design of radio isotope converter and materials used for its production:
1) provide possibility of bystry and convenient overlapping of window for radiation exit (the translation of converter from the worker in non-working provision) without preliminary removal of converter or any details of machines;
The interlocks eliminating possibility of removal of converters from machines in case of open window for exit of radiations and the grids eliminating possibility of contact of active (working) surface of sources with hands have 2).
Converters are located at distance of 1 meter (further – m) and more from residence of the operators serving machines.
21. Capacity of dose of gamma and brake radiations from converter makes 0,1 of millisieverts an hour (further – mzv / h) and less at distance of 1 m.
22. Sources in converters fasten and sealed up.
23. Converters are marked with indication of serial number, date of issue, and the signs of radiation hazard which are well seen from distance of 1 m and more are put. On the converters which do not have interlocks the text "Is put close cover before removal".
24. External, admissible for contact with hands or the tool, the surfaces of converter, do not contain unstable pollution by radioactive materials.
25. Projects of specifications contain the following data:
1) the chemical and radiation characteristic of radioactive material of which the source (quantity and isotope composition of radiation impurity) is made;
2) the pledged or nominal activity of source on the main isotope;
3) capacity of dose and spectral structure of gamma radiation at distance 10, the 50 and 100 centimeter (further – cm) from the worker and the back in the directions with the maximum level of radiation and flow density (or capacity of dose) and spectral structure of beta radiation at the same distances from the working party;
Maximum 4) thermal and mechanical loads in case of which integrity of sources remains;
5) data on corrosion stability of sources;
6) the speed of release of isotope from sources in case of the extreme parameter values of external environment and loadings allowed by specifications in case of operation and transportation;
7) the maximum levels of impurity of surfaces of sources at the time of their sending to consumers;
8) admissible service conditions;
9) warranty period of the validity of sources;
10) information of preventive control of sources in case of operation;
11) information of preventive cleaning of sources in case of operation;
12) appointment and admissible service conditions of converters;
13) type of sources (name and number of specifications) both the main technical and sanitary characteristics of sources;
14) capacity of doses on the surface of converter and at distance 10, 50 and 100 cm from converter in case of the closed and open window for radiation exit in the directions with the maximum level of radiation (taking into account the soft x-ray radiation and beta radiation).
26. The instruction for installation and operation of converters includes:
1) purpose of converter;
2) short technical description on converter and sources of radiation;
3) detailed characteristic of admissible levels of transportation, storage and operation of converters;
4) value of capacities of doses of radiation on the surface of converter and at distance 10, 50 and 100 cm in case of the closed and open window for radiation exit;
5) procedure for installation and cleaning of external surfaces of converter and sources, and measures of individual protection and personal hygiene in case of accomplishment of these works;
6) procedure for repair and utilization of converters;
7) measures for accounting of converters and ensuring their safety;
8) guarantees and procedure for presentation of claims;
9) specifying of installation site of converters and their orientation of rather permanent places of stay of people;
10) information of preventive control of sources and converters.
27. In the passport of converter are specified:
1) date of issue and serial number of converter;
2) quantity of sources in converter and their sequence numbers, and also month and year of their release, passport number of sources;
3) the maximum capacity of dose on the surface of converter and at distance of 1 m in case of the closed window for exit of radiations.
28. Passports of sources are registered and stored at the company within 10 years from the moment of their realization. Passports of converters are stored on the object using converters during the entire period of their operation.
29. The manufacturer or the supplier of converters performs accounting of converters with logging or card-index of number of converter, quantity of sources, month and year of release of sources and the companies to which converter is delivered.
30. The ordinary laboratory is placed in the certain building or separate part of the building of the organizations, separately from the neighboring rooms. The laboratory has the following set of rooms:
1) storage with thickness of walls from concrete of 50 cm and more for placement of generators of radon and installation for preparation of concentrate of radon of 10 square meters (further – m 2) and more;
2) the shop of pouring with fume cupboard from stainless steel or plexiglas the equipped batcher more than 10 sq.m;
3) shower and toilet.
31. The shop of pouring separates from premises of storage protective wall. The design capacity of dose on its surface makes the 6th microsievert an hour (further – μSv/h) and less in rooms of permanent stay of personnel and 1,5 of μSv/h in rooms for persons of category "B".
32. In rooms floor becomes covered with poorly occluding material, corners of rooms are carried out by rounded off.
33. Sectional radonic laboratories are placed in certain one-two-storeyed buildings.
34. The sanitary protection zone size (further – the SPZ) and zones of observation is established on the basis of calculation of admissible emission in the atmosphere of radon and its affiliated products according to appendix 1 to these Health regulations, in coordination with territorial subdivisions of state body in the sphere of sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the population.
In case of preparation of concentrate of radon on technical alcohol or in case of equipment of installation for preparation of concentrate of radon by the absorbing boss, sectional radonic laboratories are placed at distance of 30 m from production and 50 m from residential buildings.
35. In sectional radonic laboratories the following set of rooms is provided:
1) the shop on production of concentrate of radon and placement of the operated radon generators in case of three generators constitutes 20 sq.m and more and on 3 sq.m on each additional generator;
2) the room for repair work and for storage of Russian joint stock company constitutes 15 sq.m and more;
3) the shop of pouring constitutes 20 sq.m and more;
4) storage of container – 15 sq.m;
5) storage of finished goods – 15 m 2, equipped with racks or transporters;
6) washing container – 15 sq.m;
7) the sanitary inspection room with shower, toilet and dosimetric post;
8) the locker room with individual cases for overalls of personnel constitutes 15 sq.m and more;
9) the room of personnel – 20 sq.m;
10) the dosimetric laboratory equipped with fume cupboard – 15 sq.m;
11) the manager's office – 15 sq.m;
12) the storage room – 10 sq.m;
13) the air-ventilation chamber – 15-20 sq.m;
14) lobby with clothes – 15 sq.m.
36. The emergency exit is provided in storage for not used generators of radium.
37. At windows of production premises of laboratory metal lattices are established, production premises of laboratory are connected to the panel of centralized observation (further – PTsN) protection.
38. Radonic laboratories are equipped with the dosimetric equipment for carrying out production supervision.
39. The department of radonic therapy is provided:
1) cabins for carrying out water radonic bathtubs, gynecologic irrigations, for acceptance of drinking radonic procedures, for carrying out irrigation by radon water of the head and gums, rooms for carrying out air-radon bathtubs, radonic inhalations, for carrying out intestinal washings, microenemas, irrigations;
2) laboratory by determination of affiliated products of radon (further – the DPR).
In department of radonic therapy radiation control of the DPR of radon at least once a week is carried out.
40. The room for carrying out radonic bathtubs is allocated in the isolated block.
For carrying out radonic bathtubs bathing cabins of 8 sq.m and more with rooms for undressing are equipped.
Bathtubs are equipped with onboard suctions.
In the presence of onboard suctions also more air exchange in hour in bathing cabins, in the absence of onboard suctions 6-fold and more air exchange in hour is provided 5-fold.
For storage of portion container with concentrate of radon the room of 6 sq.m and more, equipped with fume cupboard and lead protection is allocated.
Portions with radon concentrate through rooms for rest after the procedures and expectation, the room for personnel and service premises are not transferred.
41. For carrying out gynecologic irrigations the cabins with the room for locker room equipped with supply and exhaust ventilation with 8-fold air exchange in hour are allocated.
42. For acceptance of drinking radonic procedures rooms at the rate of 8 sq.m and more, are allocated for one patient and 4 sq.m in addition for placement of fume cupboard for storage of portion container with water solution of radon. At the same time in case without lead protection 200 and less portions of solution of radon with activity the 37th kilobecquerel (further – kBq) are stored in everyone. Drink of radon water from portion container is performed by means of siphon. The room for acceptance of drinking radonic procedures is equipped with general exchange ventilation with 6-8 multiple air exchange an hour.
43. Indoors boxes for carrying out air-radon bathtubs are arranged and the fume cupboard is equipped. In fume cupboard without special protection storage of 5 and less portions of concentrate of radon with concentration of 1,5 of kBq/l is allowed. Forced-air and exhaust provides to ventilation 6-8 multiple air exchange in boxing for term 2-3 and less than a minute.
44. When using natural radon waters air-radon mix prepares in special devices radonootdelitel who are placed in certain rooms. From radonootdelitel air-radon mix moves to the box on hermetic radonoprovod. Management of work of radonootdelitel and holding procedures in boxing is performed from the control panel.
45. Room space for carrying out irrigation of the head and gums is provided at the rate of 4 sq.m on one procedural place, but at least 12 sq.m. The place for carrying out irrigation is equipped with sink for removal in the sewerage of water solution of radon and local suction of the exhaust ventilation.
46. Intestinal washings and microenemas are carried out in separate offices of 8 sq.m and more on one procedural place. Cabins are equipped with supply and exhaust ventilation with 6-8-fold air exchange in hour.
47. Group bathtubs are carried out on natural radon water in special flowing pools with water amount on each patient to 1000 liters. The room is equipped with supply and exhaust ventilation with 10-12-fold and more air exchange in hour.
48. Rooms for performing radonic inhalations it is equipped with cabins, with connection to local exhaust ventilyation.
The device for receipt of air-radon mix is placed in the certain room, with the filter device from Petryanov's tissue.
Room space for performing radonic inhalations is provided by 4 sq.m into place, but at least 12 sq.m.
The room is equipped with general exchange ventilation with 6-8-fold air exchange in hour.
49. In operating time on preparation and leave of concentrate of radon, strangers are not in laboratory.
50. Activity of radium-226 in the bubbler makes 30 and less than a milligrams (further – mg) ± 100%.
51. Hermeticity of the generator of radon is daily checked by means of the control bubbler.
52. The radon generator in lead container and tank mixer for preparation of concentrate of radon from working surface are shielded in installation casing (in addition to lead protection on doors) by standard blocks 5 cm thick.
53. Packing of solution in portion container is performed in fume cupboard by means of the remote batcher equipped with rubber tube with the remote holder. The concentrate of radon is entered into the portion container which is previously filled with water and placed in transport boxes. The box is shielded from the employee by standard lead blocks.
54. Packing of spirit concentrate in laboratory in portion container is made so that the one-time inventory of portion container with radon in fume cupboard constituted 20 and less portions.
55. The water concentrate of radon spreads in portion container in process of its preparation. The concentrated water solution of radon which remained in installation tank mixer is removed in the sewerage.
56. The portion container with water concentrate of radon is not left in open form.
57. Work on routine inspection of generators of radon is carried out at least once in 3 months. Survey and repair begin in 3 hours after complete removal of radon.
58. Procedures – underwater shower massage on radon water – are not held.
59. Upon termination of work unused solution of radon merges in the bathtub filled with water and is issued in sewer drain. The radon solution discharge in bathtub, is not carried out by not filled water.
60. Packing of radium on bubblers is carried out only in the specialized radiochemical laboratories equipped on the 1st class of works.
61. In case of the accidental passage of the concentrated radon solution work stops, the personnel leave laboratory for 3-4 hours, leaving ventilation included, after this term, the spread solution is deleted with rags.
Work is resumed after carrying out control measurements of radioactivity and only in case of compliance of the order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan of August 2, 2022 to No. KR DSM-71 "About approval of hygienic standard rates to ensuring radiation safety" (it is registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts at No. 29012) (further – GN).
62. In radonolechebnitsa and radonic laboratory filling is performed:
1) the list of persons allowed to work with radioactive materials;
2) the magazine briefing, according to the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020;
3) credit and debit register of sources of ionizing radiation, according to the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020;
4) the magazine of control in portion bottles (the released products), according to appendix 2 to these Health regulations.
63. In radonic laboratories the commission which carries annually out inventory count of availability of radioactive materials, according to the Order No. KR DSM-275/2020 is created.
64. The radon concentrate in portion container is transported by special motor transport with cabin of the driver isolated from transport salon. Cars have signs of radiation hazard.
65. Total activity of concentrate of radon in one machine makes the 200th megabecquerel (further – MBK) and less or 5 millicuries (further – mCi). At the same time, in the car placement up to 500 portions of concentrate of radon with activity of 370 kBq (10 mkk) in everyone is allowed.
66. The portion container has hermetically the closed covers. The corked portion container is placed in nests of transportation boxes of products. General activity on radon in one box makes MBK 18,5 less (mCi 0,5). Capacity of dose of gamma radiation on surface of boxes makes 0,5 mzv / h and less, at distance of 1 m 10 μSv/h. Capacity of dose of gamma radiation in cabin of the driver makes 2 μSv/h and less.
67. In case of emergency flood of concentrate of radon in the car, during its transportation, it is necessary to air the car within 30 minutes and then to carry out in it cleaning.
68. Laboratories of radio isotope diagnostics (further – laboratory) are not placed in residential and public buildings.
69. Rooms in which works on I and II classes of radiation hazard are carried out, are not provided adjacently with chambers for pregnant women and children.
70. Laboratories (except for rooms isotope and storages of waste) are not provided in basement and first floors, in case of arrangement of half of the first floor below planning mark.
71. Width of cloth of doors of the rooms serving for inspection of patients is provided by 1,2 of m and more.
72. Set and floor area of laboratories of radio isotope diagnostics is provided according to appendix 3 to these Health regulations.
73. In laboratories the autonomous supply and exhaust ventilation with mechanical motivation with air supply directly is provided in the upper zone of the room. Installation of conditioners is resolved. The equipment working with radioactive gases or aerosols is equipped with local exhaust system of ventilation.
74. Procedural, generating, packing and radiometric where intra vascular or interstitial introduction of radio nuclide pharmaceutical medicine is carried out (further – RFP), are equipped with bactericidal lamps.
RFP are the pharmaceutical connections with radionuclides applied to diagnosis of diseases.
75. Rooms where manipulations with RFP are carried out, are equipped with sinks for washing of hands with elbow or pedal mixers and electrotowels.
76. Settlement temperature and frequency rate of air exchange in rooms of radio isotope diagnostics are accepted according to appendix 4 to these Health regulations.
77. The protective boxing packing and the safe of storage of RFP is equipped with the local exhaust ventilation, with purification of air before emission on filters.
78. Unused solutions and packagings of RFP are maintained in storage from 10 half-life periods and more. Packing with liquid Russian joint stock companies, original packings and firm Russian joint stock companies after the specified endurance are exposed to radiation control.
Capacity of dose of radiation at distance of 1 m from the collection with Russian joint stock company makes 12 μSv/h and less.
79. Waste is removed on the ground for municipal solid waste if capacity of dose after endurance on the surface of packaging makes 0,6 of μSv/h and less over the level of natural background and activity of radionuclides in packaging corresponds to value of minimum significant specific activity (further – MZUA), provided in GN.
80. On the installations equipped with the conveyor the possibility of hit of people in the working camera is excluded.
The working camera (working amount) is the room (reservoir) surrounded with protection against gamma radiation in which radiation of object is carried out.
81. The entrance to the working camera of installations with the dry and mixed method of protection is performed through labyrinth or protective door.
Installation with the mixed protection is the device in which protection against ionizing radiation is provided with both solid, and liquid materials.
Installation with dry protection is installation in which protection against the gamma radiation of source (irradiator) is made of solid materials (concrete, lead and similar solid materials).
Labyrinth is the device in the form of the corridor (multicranked, ring or similar form) located in protection of the working camera and the employee for the message with it and reduction of levels (reflected) gamma radiation to preset values.
82. The entrance to the radiation-hazardous zone "Gamma field" installations to be performed through turnstile.
"Gamma field" is the installation intended for radiation of crops in which protection against the gamma radiation of source (irradiator) in working provision is provided with time and distance.
83. The pool of installation, with water protection, is protected.
84. On "Gamma field" installations, before operation the gamma cartogram on border of radiation-hazardous zone is removed and its compliance to settlement data is determined.
85. During acceptance of installation performance monitoring of protective constructions is carried out to operation.
86. All installations are equipped with reliable system of blocking and the alarm system. Installation in case of defect is not operated at least by one of these systems.
87. The organizations where powerful gamma-ray irradiation plants are used are developed the liquidation plan of accidents containing list of possible accidents and action for their liquidation.
Isotope to gamma-ray irradiation plants the installation based on use of gamma radiation of the closed radio nuclide sources of radiation, activity of more 18,5 terabekkerel is powerful.
88. In case of shutdown of power food the entrance door remains blocked, and the source is transferred to storage provision.
89. Over entrance to the working camera the signaling device informing on provision of sources (irradiator) is established.
Irradiator is the device providing spatial arrangement of the closed radio isotope sources of radiation for forming of the set field of ionizing radiation.
90. In the working camera the sound and light alarm system, warning about need immediately to leave the working camera and labyrinth when translating sources of the radiation (irradiator) into position and easily available devices of emergency dumping of irradiator and prohibition on its rise is established.
91. On the control panel the signaling devices informing on provision of irradiator and size of capacity of the absorbed radiation dose in the working camera and labyrinth are established.
92. Installations with the water and mixed methods of protection are equipped with the sound and light alarm system informing on change of capacity of equivalent dose in the working camera and water level in the pool and systems of automatic maintenance of water level in the pool.
93. Installations of this type have the system of emergency filling by pool water providing deceleration of power of equivalent dose of gamma radiation over the pool up to the admissible size in case of emergency effluence of water from it.
94. Loading of installations is performed by the closed radio isotope sources of radiation.
95. Loading (additional load, change) of sources is performed dry (with use of the protective camera, reloading or directly shipping container) and underwater method that is determined by the project of installation.
96. Installation loading by sources of radiation is made postadiyno, separate sources (or the cartridge with sources). At the same time radiation levels on the external surfaces of protection of the working camera in case of working provision of irradiator are controlled, on surface of storage of sources of radiation, when finding irradiator in storage provision.
97. After loading of each source (cartridge) receive detailed distribution of the field of the gamma radiation (gamma cartogram) on the external surfaces of the working camera and in adjacent rooms (source – in working provision), and also in the working camera when finding sources in storage provision.
98. In case of detection of excess of settlement sizes of gamma radiation defect in protection is eliminated.
99. Each stage of loading of installation is drawn up by the act.
100. Rooms, in which loading is made (additional load, change), of sources, are equipped with the alarm and measuring dosimetric equipment.
101. Installation works with the chemical and technological equipment of installations during loading (additional load, change) III are not performed.
102. All transactions on loading (additional load, change) of sources of radiation are carried out under continuous radiation control.
103. The nuclear installations intended for carrying out scientific research and production experiments with use of powerful flows of ionizing radiation for the purpose of belong to nuclear reactors of research appointment (further – IR):
1) studying and working off of questions of physics, equipment and technology of nuclear reactors and its separate systems;
2) physical, materials research, chemical, geological medicobiological and similar researches, and also educational purposes;
3) receipts of radioactive isotopes and solution of tasks of research and production nature.
104. The territory (industrial site) is divided into the following zones:
1) the first functional zone located on the periphery of industrial site, unites buildings where works with radioactive materials are not performed.
2) the second functional zone – industrial sites where buildings of the reactor, radiochemical complexes, laboratories for work with radioactive materials, constructions for collection, storage, conversion of Russian joint stock company, deactivation of transport, workshops for repair of the equipment having radioactive pollution are located.
105. Around industrial site of IR the SPZ is provided, for IR I categories the sizes of the SPZ are determined by the project. For IR II-III of categories, according to characteristics of their safety, the sizes of the SPZ are allowed to be limited to industrial site territory limits.
106. In the territory of industrial site and the SPZ observation wells which arrangement and depth are established depending on availability of potential sources of pollution, hydrological conditions of the platform and seasonal change of the mode of ground waters are provided.
107. The equipment of the IR complex is placed in the certain building divided into zones of controlled and open entry. In zone of controlled access take place: the reactor, the chilling contour equipment, loopback and experimental installations, "hot cameras", workshops for repair of the equipment polluted by radioactive materials, radiochemical laboratories and rooms for work with radioactive materials and sources of radiation.
"The hot camera" is protection device for work with highly active radioactive materials.
108. The zone of controlled access (further – ZKD) is part of the territory of industrial site of object, the building and construction of object where in case of normal operation, impact on personnel of radiation factors is possible. ZKD is divided into the following independent rooms:
1) permanent stay of personnel in which the personnel are complete working shift;
2) periodically served rooms intended for work, connected with opening of processing equipment, – nodes of loading and unloading of radioactive materials, temporary storage and removal of Russian joint stock company. The entrance is performed through sanitary lock;
3) the unattended rooms intended for placement of the reactor and processing equipment. Access for personnel to unattended rooms under the working IR and processing equipment is not allowed.
109. Pass of personnel to unattended rooms under the stopped IR and idle processing equipment is performed through dignity locks.
110. In premises of ZKD (except rooms where there are equipment and communications with liquid sodium) communications for water supply and the washing solutions, for carrying out deactivation are provided. Floors in rooms are located with bias and are equipped with ladders for drain of flushing waters in the special sewerage.
111. The main and reserve IR control panels place in certain rooms.
112. Complex of rooms of "hot cameras" place in zone of controlled access. The layout and the equipment of complex of rooms of "hot" cameras and laboratories conform to requirements imposed to ensuring works of the first class.
113. The design of "hot cameras" provides protection against radiations and possibility of remote accomplishment of production operations by means of manipulators. Control of fittings on communications is exercised from operator from the panel which is taken out on the front party of the camera.
114. On reactors with the zhidkometallichesky heat carrier provide in complex of rooms rooms and devices for washing and deactivation of the intra reactor equipment and the equipment of the first contour from radioactive alkaline metal and for waste recycling of alkaline metals.
115. Process management of collection and waste recycling of alkaline metals is performed from console. Protection between console and the camera of utilization, finishing and equipping of rooms of complex for waste recycling of alkaline metals carry out taking into account requirements of radiation safety.
116. Storage of the irradiated heatallocating assemblies (further – TVS), fuel elements (further – TVEL), samples is performed in the special storages equipped with biological protection, ventilation and purification of the deleted air. Defective TVS and fuel elements store separately and (or) jointly sealed protective containers (cases).
117. The processes connected with control of the reactor, loadings, unloadings and transportations of fuel elements and assemblies transport and technological and repair transactions with the radioactive equipment are whenever possible performed remotely.
118. When unloading from the TVS reactor, fuel elements of channels of management system and protection of the reactor (further – SUZ), the irradiated samples use protective containers. When using mixed uranium - plutonium fuel provide additional protection against neutron radiation in reactors.
119. All taken from active zone TVS immediately are located in containers, mines, storages, pools. On reactors with the zhidkometallichesky heat carrier extraction of TVS and the equipment from the heat carrier is performed using protection devices (containers) filled with inert gas and having lock system of connection to contour.
120. For storage of emergency (untight) TVS and samples sealed protective containers (cases) are provided.
121. Works on movement of the irradiated samples, details and fuel elements from one pool to the second it is carried out in underwater state, and in case of extraction of these details from pools the measures excluding hit of radioactive water on the surface of the room and the equipment are provided.
122. All works with the details, the equipment and devices taken from active zone and the first contour are made after their preliminary deactivation.
123. The highly active objects (the equipment, details, devices) taken from the reactor are placed in the places intended for them with use of necessary protection (mines, pools, containers).
124. In premises of ZKD it is not allowed:
1) stay of personnel without necessary individual protection equipment;
2) storage of the foodstuff, tobacco products, house clothes, cosmetic accessories, fiction and objects which do not have relations to work;
3) meal, smoking, use of cosmetic accessories.
125. The rooms intended for placement of stationary defectoscopes are located in the certain building or in separate wing of the building.
126. The SPZ around laboratory of defectoscopy is not established. Capacity of dose of radiation on external building surfaces makes 0,06 and less than a μSv/h over natural background.
127. As a part of radio isotope laboratory are provided:
1) the room for raying, with area of 20 sq.m and more;
2) room of the control panel, of 10-12 sq.m and more;
3) photolaboratory, of 10 sq.m and more;
128. In case of use of figurative defectoscopes as a part of laboratory the room for storage, of 10 sq.m and more at the rate on one defectoscope is provided.
129. The entrance to rooms for raying is equipped with protective equipment: labyrinth with door, protective door.
130. Rooms for storage of figurative defectoscopes are equipped with special wells, niches or safes with protective covers and lifting devices.
131. In non-working provision sources of radiation are in protective container of the defectoscope and have devices for reliable fixing of source of radiation in case of stay it in storage provision.
132. Defectoscopes in the conditions which are not meeting the requirements of technical documentation are not used.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.