Protocol on accession of the Kyrgyz Republic to the Marrakesh agreement on forming of the World Trade Organization
of October 14, 1998
The World Trade Organization (further - the WTO) on the approval of the General council of the WTO made in compliance with the article XII of the Marrakesh agreement on forming of the World Trade Organization (further - the Agreement of the WTO), and the Kyrgyz Republic,
noting the report of the Working group on the entry of the Kyrgyz Republic into the WTO containing in the document WT/ACC/KGZ26 (further - the report of the Working group),
considering results of negotiations on question of accession of the Kyrgyz Republic to the WTO,
agree with the following:
1. After entry into force of the Protocol the Kyrgyz Republic joins the Agreement of the WTO according to the article XII of this Agreement and it becomes the member of the WTO.
2. The agreement of the WTO which the Kyrgyz Republic joins will be considered as the Agreement of the WTO edited, changed or otherwise modified by such legal instruments, and can become effective before the date of entry into force of the Protocol. The protocol which includes all obligations mentioned in paragraph 173 of the report of the Working group is integral part of the Agreement of the WTO.
3. Except the cases provided in the paragraphs specified in paragraph 173 of the report of the Working group, the obligations containing in the multilateral trade agreements attached to the Agreement of the WTO which shall be carried out during time since the date of entry into force of the Agreement of the WTO shall be carried out by the Kyrgyz Republic as though it accepted the Agreement from the date of its introduction in action.
4. The Kyrgyz Republic can apply the measure contradicting paragraph 1 of article II GATS provided that such measure is provided in exceptions to article II attached to the Protocol and answers conditions of appendix to GATS on article II exceptions.
5. The lists attached to the Protocol are lists of the concessions and obligations attached to the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade of 1994 (further referred to as as "GATT of 1994"), and the list of the specific obligations attached to the General agreement about trade in services (further - "GATS") relating to the Kyrgyz Republic. The concessions and obligations listed in these lists will be performed step by step as it is specified in the corresponding parts of these lists.
6. For the purpose of the reference in the paragraph 6 (a) of article II GATT 1994 for date of the Agreement, applicable date concerning the List of the concessions and obligations attached to the Protocol date of the introduction of this Protocol in force will be considered.
7. The protocol will be open for acceptance, signing or different way, the Kyrgyz Republic till December 1, 1998.
8. The protocol comes into effect for the 30th day after its acceptance.
9. The protocol is stored at the WTO Director-General. The WTO Director-General will timely distribute the verified copy of this Protocol and the notification on acceptance, according to the paragraph 7, to each member of the WTO and the Kyrgyz Republic.
10. The protocol is registered according to provisions of article 102 of the Charter of the UN.
11. Concluded in Geneva of the fourteenth, October, one thousand nine hundred ninety eighth, in the single version in the English, French and Spanish languages where versions in the specified languages are originals, except the enclosed List in which it can be specified that only the version in one or several these languages is reliable.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.