of July 22, 2022 No. 518
About approval of the Technical regulation on rope installations
Based on part (1) Article 18 and line item 22 appendices No. 3 to the Law No. 235/2011 on activities for accreditation and assessment of conformity (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2012, Art. No. 46-47, 136), with subsequent changes, DECIDES: the Government
1. Approve the Technical regulation on rope installations it (is applied).
1) Items 77, 80, 107-111, 113, 114, 123, 132-138 Technical regulations on rope installations which will become effective from the effective date the Law on ratification of the Agreement on assessment of conformity and the acceptability of manufactured goods between the Republic of Moldova and the European Union;
2) Items 12-18 on inspection of safety and the report on inspection which will become effective from the effective date the Law No. 151/2022 on safe functioning potentially of hazardous production facilities and technical installations.
3. Before the date of entry into force of the Law on ratification of the Agreement on assessment of conformity and the acceptability of manufactured goods between the Republic of Moldova and the European Union:
1) are allowed provision in the market and commissioning of the rope installations containing marking of compliance of SM which is put according to requirements of the Law No. 235/2011 on activities for accreditation and assessment of conformity;
2) the producer applies marking of compliance of SM in cases when assessment of conformity of rope installations, including subsystems and components of safety for the rope installations intended for the national market is performed by acknowledged conformity assessment bodies by application of the procedures provided in Chapter IV of the Technical regulation on rope installations;
3) availability of marking of SE excludes need of drawing marking of compliance of SM on them;
4) the provisions of this resolution concerning marking of SE are also applied to marking of compliance of SM;
5) the Ministry of infrastructure and regional development recognizes for the purpose of notification the bodies performing assessment of conformity of rope installations according to the procedures provided in Chapter V of the Technical regulation on rope installations;
6) requirements to notified conformity assessment bodies extend also to acknowledged conformity assessment bodies which have similar legal regime according to provisions of the Law No. 235/2011 on activities for accreditation and assessment of conformity;
7) the list of acknowledged conformity assessment bodies, specific tasks for which they were acknowledged and their identification numbers is kept by the National center of accreditation (MOLDAC) and published on its official web page.
4. To impose control over the implementation of this resolution on the Ministry of infrastructure and regional development.
5. From the effective date this resolution to declare invalid the Order of the Government No. 744/2015 about approval of the Technical regulation concerning the rope installations intended for transportation of people (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2015, Art. No. 297-300, 837), with subsequent changes.
Deputy Prime Minister, minister of infrastructure and regional development
Minister of Economic Affairs
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of July 22, 2022, No. 518
The technical regulation on rope installations shifts Regulations (EU) 2016/424 European Parliament and Council of March 9, 2016 about ropeways and about cancellation of the Directive 2000/9/EU (The text relating to the EEA) published in the Official magazine of the European Union by L 81 of March 31, 2016.
1. The technical regulation on rope installations (further - the Technical regulation) establishes rules of provision in the market and free circulation of subsystems and components of safety for rope installations, and also the rule of designing, construction and putting into operation of new rope installations.
2. This Technical regulation extends to the new rope installations intended for transportation of people, the modifications of rope installations requiring repeated authorization and also on subsystems and components of safety for rope installations.
3. Requirements of this Technical regulation do not extend on:
1) elevators, according to the Technical regulation about elevators and components of safety for elevators approved by the Order of the Government No. 8/2016;
2) the rope installations referred to installations of historical or cultural heritage which were put into operation till January 1, 1986 continue to be in operation and did not undergo essential project or constructive changes, including the subsystems and components of safety which are specially designed for them;
3) the installations intended for the agricultural or forestry and landscape purposes;
4) the rope installations for servicing of mountain shelters and cottages intended only for transportation of goods and transportation of specially nominated persons;
5) the stationary or mobile equipment intended only for rest and entertainments, but not as means for transportation of people;
6) the mining installations or other stationary industrial plants used for productive activity;
7) installations on which users or vehicles move on water.
4. For the purposes of this Technical regulation the terms determined in the Law No. 235/2011 on activities for accreditation and assessment of conformity, the Law No. 20/2016 on national standartization, the Law No. 7/2016 on supervision of the market concerning realization of nonfood products, and also the stated below concepts which have the following value are applied:
1) safety component - any component of the equipment or any device intended for inclusion in subsystem or rope installation for the purpose of safety function accomplishment which failure creates risk for safety or health of passengers, service personnel or the third parties;
2) the funicular - rope installation on which vehicles are towed by means of one or several ropes along the line which can be located on the earth or relies on stationary designs;
3) infrastructure - the structures of stations or structure along the line which are specially designed for each rope installation and constructed on the place which consider route and these systems and which are necessary for construction and operation of rope installation, including the bases;
4) rope installation - the system which is completely installed on the place consisting of infrastructure and subsystems designed constructed mounted and put into operation for the purpose of transportation of people which draft is provided with the cables laid along route;
5) maintainability - set of technical provisions and actions which influence designing and construction are necessary for maintenance and are designed to provide absolutely safe operation of rope installation;
6) working capacity - set of the provisions and technical measures influencing designing and construction and necessary for absolutely safe operation of rope installation;
7) commissioning - initial operation of rope installation for the purpose of transportation of people;
8) the technical specification - the document establishing technical requirements to which there shall correspond rope installation, infrastructure, subsystem or component of safety;
9) subsystem - any of the systems listed in appendix No. 1, or their combination intended for inclusion in rope installations;
10) the ropeway - rope installation in which vehicles are suspended on one or several ropes and it/them are set in motion;
11) the alpine skiing elevator - rope installation in which passengers with the corresponding equipment tow on the strip equipped for this purpose.
The term "products" is understood as subsystem or component of safety.
5. Subsystems and components of safety are provided on the market only if correspond to this Technical regulation.
6. Rope installations are put into operation only if they conform to requirements of this Technical regulation and do not create health hazard or safety of people or property, in case of their correct installation, maintenance and operation according to appointment.
7. Subsystems and components of safety are part of rope installations only if allow design of the rope installations corresponding to this Technical regulation and do not create threat for health or safety of people or property, in case of their proper installation, maintenance and operation according to appointment.
8. Rope installations which conform to the harmonized standards or their parts, references to which are published in the Official magazine of the European Union and which are accepted as the Moldavian standards, are considered conforming to the main safety requirements (further - the main requirements) given in appendix No. 2.
9. This Technical regulation does not limit competence of the Ministry of infrastructure and regional development to establish requirements which it considers necessary for ensuring protection of people especially of workers, when using rope installations until it does not involve modification of these installations thus which is not provided in this Technical regulation.
10. Rope installations and their infrastructure, subsystems and components of safety shall conform to the main requirements applied to them stated in annex No. 2.
11. Provision in the market of the subsystems and components of safety conforming to requirements of this Technical regulation cannot be exposed to prohibition, restriction or hindrance.
13. When conducting necessary inspection and examination for each rope installation follows:
1) to consider all provided operation types;
2) to apply the recognized or established method;
3) to consider the latest technologies and complexity of the corresponding cable installation;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.