of April 30, 1999 No. 82-FZ
About guarantees of the rights of indigenous ethnic groups of the Russian Federation
Accepted by the State Duma on April 16, 1999
Approved by the Federation Council on April 22, 1999
This Federal Law according to the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the conventional principles and rules of international law and international treaties of the Russian Federation establishes the legal basis of guarantees of original social and economic and cultural development of indigenous ethnic groups of the Russian Federation, protection of their primordial habitat, traditional conduct of life, economic activity and crafts.
In this Federal Law the following basic concepts are applied:
1) indigenous ethnic groups of the Russian Federation (further - the small people) - the people living in the territories of traditional resettlement of the ancestors, keeping the traditional conduct of life, economic activity and crafts numbering less than 50 thousand people in the Russian Federation and realizing themselves independent ethnic communities.
The single list of indigenous ethnic groups of the Russian Federation affirms the Government of the Russian Federation on representation of public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation in which territories these people live.
Considering uniqueness of ethnic structure of the population of the Republic of Dagestan on number of the people living in its territory, the State Council of the Republic of Dagestan determines quantitative and other features of its indigenous ethnic groups, and also establishes the list of these people with the subsequent inclusion it in the Single list of indigenous ethnic groups of the Russian Federation;
2) traditional conduct of life of the small people (further - traditional conduct of life) - historically developed method of life support of the small people based on historical experience of their ancestors in the field of environmental management, the original social organization of accommodation, original culture, preserving customs and beliefs;
3) the primordial habitat of the small people - historically developed area within which the small people perform cultural and household activity and which influences their self-identification, conduct of life;
4) communities and other forms of public self-government (further - communities of the small people) - forms of self-organization of the persons belonging to the small people and united on kinship (family, sort) and (or) territorial neighbour's to the principles, created for the purpose of protection of their primordial habitat, preserving and development of traditional conduct of life, economic activity, crafts and culture;
5) authorized representatives of the small people - physical persons or the organizations which in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation represent the interests of these people;
6) ethnological examination - scientific research of influence of changes of the primordial habitat of the small people and welfare situation on development of ethnos.
The legislation of the Russian Federation on guarantees of the rights of the small people is based on the relevant standards of the Constitution of the Russian Federation and consists of this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, and also the laws and other regulatory legal acts of subjects of the Russian Federation.
1. Operation of this Federal Law extends to the persons belonging to the small people, constantly living in the places of traditional accommodation and traditional economic activity of the small people leading traditional life, performing traditional economic activity and which are engaged in traditional crafts.
Operation of this Federal Law extends also to persons who treat the small people, constantly live in places of traditional accommodation and traditional economic activity of the small people and for which traditional economic activity and occupation traditional crafts are subsidiary types of activity in relation to core activity in other industries of the national economy, the welfare sphere, public authorities or local government bodies.
2. Operation of this Federal Law extends to public authorities of the Russian Federation, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies, officials.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.