of July 4, 2022 No. 55
About counteraction to terrorism
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on May 25, 2022
This Law establishes the basic principles of counteraction to terrorism, legal and organizational basis of prevention of terrorism and fight against it, minimization and (or) mitigations of consequences of manifestations of terrorism, and also the legal basis of international cooperation in the field of counteraction to terrorism.
The legal basis of counteraction to terrorism is constituted by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic, the international agreements which became effective according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic and also the conventional principles and rules of international law.
1. The purpose of this Law is protection of human rights and freedoms, and also the organization of counteraction to terrorism as to threat of homeland security of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Tasks of this Law are determination and establishment of legal and organizational basis:
1) for the prevention, identifications, suppression of terrorist activities, elimination of the reasons and conditions promoting making of these acts, and also minimization and (or) mitigation of consequences of terrorism;
2) for enhancement of interstate interaction of subjects of counteraction to terrorism;
3) for development of international cooperation in the field of counteraction to terrorism.
Counteraction to terrorism in the Kyrgyz Republic is based on the following principles:
1) protection of human rights and freedoms;
3) systemacity and complexity of use of political, information and propaganda, social and economic, legal, special and other measures on counteraction to terrorism;
4) inadmissibility of justification of terrorism for reasons of political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious nature;
5) cooperation of the state with public associations, religious, international and other organizations, and also physical persons in counteraction to terrorism;
6) confidentiality of data on special means, techniques, tactics of actions in case of fight against terrorism, and also about the list of their participants;
7) inadmissibility of political concessions to terrorists;
8) proportionality of measures for counteraction to terrorism to nature and extent of terrorist threat.
The state bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic performing counteraction to terrorism interact with anti-terrorist bodies and services of foreign states, and also the international organizations according to the national legal system and international treaties which became effective according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
In this Law the following concepts and terms are used:
1) anti-terrorist operation - complex of special, operational and fighting, army and other events using physical force, military, military and other equipment, weapon and special means, the guard dogs who are carried out by state bodies on suppression of the act of terrorism, neutralization of terrorists, destructive devices, safety of the physical persons and organizations directed to minimization of effects of the act of terrorism;
2) anti-terrorist doctrines - complex of the events held by bodies of homeland security of the Kyrgyz Republic, including together with other subjects performing counteraction to terrorism, and also local government bodies, directed to terrorism prevention, enhancement and working off of coordinated actions, for suppression and reflection of terrorist threats;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.