Unofficial translation (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of February 10, 2022 No. 155
About approval of the technical regulation of safety of substitutes of tobacco products
Accepted the Government of the Republic of Armenia on February 10, 2022
Based on the paragraph "and" Item 3 of part 1 of article 8 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About technical regulation", "About decrease and prevention of the harm done to health owing to the use of tobacco products and their substitutes" the Government of the Republic of Armenia decides parts 1 of article 4 of the Law of the Republic of Armenia:
1. Approve the technical regulation of safety of substitutes of tobacco products according to Appendix.
2. To provide to the Minister of Economic Affairs of the Republic of Armenia within 1 week after official publication of this Resolution publication of the list of the standards providing application of the technical regulation approved by Item 1 of this Resolution.
4. Turnover of products, being object of this technical regulation which before entry into force of this Resolution was not subject to obligatory assessment of conformity to the mandatory requirements established by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia and it was introduced into circulation before entry into force of this technical regulation, it is allowed during the term of its validity without documents on obligatory assessment of conformity and without national mark of conformity.
President of the Republic of Armenia
to the Order of the Government of the Republic of Armenia of February 10, 2022 No. 155
1. Action of the technical regulation of safety of substitutes of tobacco products (further – the technical regulation) extends to the products which are not containing tobacco, being the substitute of tobacco product working with electronic method.
2. Action of this technical regulation extends to the substitutes of tobacco products specified in Item 1 and products which are not containing tobacco, with evaporation of filler and working with electronic method from category 2404 of the Single commodity nomenclature of foreign economic activity of the Eurasian Economic Union (further – NSP) by means of which the aerosol formed in case of evaporation of nicotine and propylene glycol or glycerin, in some cases – also the filler containing various flavoring or aromatic additives is transferred to the consumer's organism.
3. The technical regulation establishes the indicators characterizing safety of NSP, the requirement to their identification, production, marking, packaging, storage and transportation, and also to assessment procedures of compliance.
4. This technical regulation is developed for protection of life and health of the person, the environment, and also prevention of the actions misleading consumers concerning value and safety of NSP and extends to the substitutes of tobacco products introduced into circulation in the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
5. The products which are object of this technical regulation and introduced into circulation for internal consumption will be certified with assessment of conformity by declaring of compliance, are except for exemplary NSP which are imported on the territory of the Republic of Armenia:
1) for use of products provided for demonstration at exhibitions, fairs and the international meetings and also use of products during such demonstration or use at exhibitions, fairs and the international meetings;
2) as the tests and samples intended for researches and testing on condition of provision of the copy of the agreement signed with accredited body of assessment of conformity or the letter which confirm quantity (weight and amount) of the imported (imported) products (goods) necessary for these purposes, laboratories, producers and (or) importers (sellers) and calibrations of gages, carrying out comparative tests, tastings, studying of design are intended for quality control and safety, carrying out measurements according to international standards, interlaboratory comparison tests;
3) used (operated) in past products;
4) products imported (imported) in single copies (quantities) which are provided by one agreement in foreign trade only for personal use by the importer (including for research and representation purposes, as souvenirs or promotional materials).
6. Regulation object this technical regulation are not the following products:
1) tobacco products, in particular, products fully or partially made of tobacco – tobacco leaves and (or) other parts, made so that to be used for smoking, sucking, chewing or inhalation;
2) the liquids which are medicine;
3) products which, according to agreements in foreign trade, are exported out of limits of the territory of the Republic of Armenia;
4) the food products containing natural nicotine.
7. For the purpose of application of this technical regulation the following concepts and their determinations are used:
1) consumer packaging – the packaging intended for products sold to the final consumer or sale;
2) cartridge – component of system of delivery of nicotine (further – the UDI) which represents the reservoir with liquid for the UDI filled with industrial method and which can be built in the UDI;
3) ingredient – the component (except for mixes, liquids, gel, powder, etc.) used in case of production of filler of the nicotinocontaining products and which is present at the finished nicotinocontaining goods, including at the changed form;
4) aerosol – suspension of firm and (or) liquid particles in gaseous form, including the tobacco vapor received from filler in any manner, except for burning (decay) of filler;
5) container – reservoir with liquid for the UDI which is used for UDI gas station is not component of the UDI and cannot be built in the UDI;
6) filler – basic element of NSP (including mix, liquid, gel, powder, etc.) of which and (or) by means of which in use NSP is formed the aerosol inhaled by the consumer, containing nicotine or salts of nicotine;
7) the nicotinocontaining products (further – NSP) – product, held for use by inhalation of the aerosol containing nicotine or salts of the nicotine received in case of operation by the consumer of the UDI;
8) the system of delivery of nicotine (SDN) – the device necessary for use of NSP (including the electronic evaporator, the electronic generator of vapor, the device for heating, etc.) which is necessary for obtaining from filler of the aerosol inhaled by the consumer (the UDI can be structurally connected to NSP);
9) liquid for the UDI – type of NSP which as a result of use with the UDI to destination turns into the nicotinocontaining aerosol inhaled by the consumer;
10) operation of NSP – inhalation by the consumer of the aerosol containing nicotine or salts of the nicotine received through the UDI from filler of NSP;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.