of March 6, 2022 No. 227
About National system of search and rescue at the sea
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decides:
1. Approve Regulations on National system of search and rescue at the sea which is applied.
2. Make changes which are applied to resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
3. Central and to local executive bodies which are participants of National system of search and rescue at the sea, in six-months time to bring own regulatory legal acts into accord with this resolution.
Prime Minister of Ukraine
Approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 6, 2022 No. 227
1. This Provision regulates questions of implementation of proper and effective measures for observation of movement of courts from the coast, the organizations of communication and coordination of the actions in the sea search and rescue region of Ukraine connected with assistance to people, in distress at the sea and also participations in carrying out aviation search and rescue within regions of flight information of Ukraine in the water area of the Black and Azov seas.
This Provision is effective both in peace time, and during the special period.
2. In this Provision terms are used in such value:
the automatic identification system - the ship navigation system (the multilingual communication system functioning in the high-frequency sea mobile range) which, in particular, automatically provides respectively to the equipped shore base stations another sea and to aircrafts information on type, coordinates, rate, speed, operational condition of the vessel and the other information connected with safety of the vessel as well as accepts the relevant information from shore base stations and other courts;
The state sea rescue coordination center - division of the state company "Sea Search and Rescue Service" (further - Sea search and rescue service), responsible for assistance to the effective organization of activities for search and rescue on the sea and coordination of carrying out transactions on search and rescue within the sea search and rescue region of Ukraine;
the search and rescue coordinator of transactions - the official of Sea search and rescue service who is authorized on implementation of coordination of response measures in connection with disaster at the sea;
the coordinator on site carrying out transaction - person who is designated for coordination of certain transaction on search and rescue in certain area of the sea;
disaster at the sea - any case connected with the person who tests or, perhaps is in distress on the sea, and also case in connection with which approach the help to people who found shelter ashore in the place unavailable to any means of search and rescue, except search and rescue units is necessary;
monitoring of surface situation and maritime traffic - tracking of movement of courts in the Black and Azov seas, with use of the consolidated information on the vessel which gathers and provided, in particular, by subjects to search and rescue at the sea;
sea search and rescue subdistrict - the area of the sea water area of certain sizes within the sea search and rescue region of Ukraine connected with the sea rescue subcenter;
the sea search and rescue region of Ukraine - the area of the sea water area of certain sizes connected with the State sea rescue coordination center within which Ukraine provides search and rescue of people at the sea according to its international treaties;
the sea rescue subcenter - the division of Sea search and rescue service subordinated to the State sea rescue coordination center which is formed for rendering the help by this center during transactions for search and rescue in sea search and rescue subdistrict;
the distress message at the sea - information transfer about threat of origin or emergence of disaster at the sea to person who can give help or coordinate actions for its rendering;
search (search of people at the sea) - transaction which is coordinated by the State sea rescue coordination center or the sea rescue subcenter and in which carrying out is involved the available personnel and means of search and rescue for detection of people, in distress at the sea;
search and rescue team - division which is staffed by the prepared personnel and is provided with the equipment suitable for bystry and effective carrying out transactions on search and rescue;
search and rescue unit - any moving means with search and rescue team equipped with the equipment suitable for bystry and effective carrying out transactions on search and rescue;
search and rescue means - any mobile means, including search and rescue units which are used for carrying out transactions on search and rescue;
rescue (rescue of people at the sea) - transaction on release of people who are in distress at the sea, to rendering medical or other care to them and their delivery to the safe place;
distress signal - the signal established by the Convention on the International rules of the prevention of collisions of courts at the sea of 1972 which demonstrates that the vessel is in distress at the sea.
3. National system of search and rescue at the sea (further - National system) - set of governing bodies and subjects of search and rescue at the sea according to the list according to appendix 1, forces belonging to them and search and rescue means providing implementation of observation of movement of courts from the coast, communication and coordination of search and rescue of people at the sea in the sea search and rescue region of Ukraine, assistance to people, in distress at the sea, including provision by it of medical consultations, and also delivery of health care by the victim or their evacuation with use of air and ocean ships, participation in carrying out aviation search and rescue of people within regions of flight information to water areas of the Black and Azov seas, accomplishment of other international obligations of Ukraine in the field of protection of human life at the sea.
4. Forces and funds of subjects of search and rescue for the sea are involved in aviation search and rescue at the sea according to this Provision, other acts of the legislation and international treaties of Ukraine, and also according to the Management on the international aviation and sea search and rescue of International Maritime Organization (_MO) and International Civil Aviation Organization (_KAO).
Principles of the organization and structure of National system
5. The basic principles of the organization of National system are:
priority of protection of human life on the sea and rescue of people in case of disaster at the sea;
permanent effective functioning of the communication system intended for transmission of messages about disaster at the sea;
permanent readiness for carrying out transactions on search and rescue;
timeliness, activity and efficiency of transactions on search and rescue;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.