of February 16, 2022 No. 56/2022
About the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine of December 30, 2021 "About the Strategy of ensuring state security"
According to article 107 of the Constitution of Ukraine I decide:
1. Enact the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine of December 30, 2021 "About the Strategy of ensuring state security" it (is applied).
2. Approve the Strategy of ensuring state security it (is applied).
3. To the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to approve the actions plan on strategy implementation of ensuring state security and to provide its accomplishment with participation of subjects of ensuring state security.
4. Control over the implementation of the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine enacted by this Decree to assign to the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine.
President of Ukraine
Approved by the Presidential decree of Ukraine of February 16, 2022 No. 56/2022
1. The strategy of ensuring state security determines real and potential hazards of state security of Ukraine, the direction and task of state policy in the sphere of state security, is basis for planning and realization of policy in the sphere of state security.
2. The realization of provisions of Strategy will be enabled on planned basis for the period till 2025.
3. The terms provided in Strategy are used in such value:
safety of the state secret and office information - implementation of complex of organization-legal, administrative, technical, operational search, counterprospecting, prospecting actions, the actions for ensuring technical and cryptographic protection of classified and office information directed to prevention of its leakage;
ensuring state security - creation of conditions for ensuring security of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity and democratic constitutional system and other vital national interests from real and potential hazards to Ukraine;
threats of state security - the phenomena, tendencies and factors which make impossible or complicate or can make impossible or complicate security of the state sovereignty, territorial integrity and democratic constitutional system and other vital national interests;
objects of ensuring state security - the state sovereignty, the constitutional system, territorial integrity of Ukraine, defensive, economic and scientific and technical potential, cyber security, information security, objects of critical infrastructure, the state secret and office information;
subjects of ensuring state security - state body of special purpose with law-enforcement functions, law enforcement and prospecting agencies and other state bodies and persons who participate in ensuring state security according to the legislation of Ukraine;
subjects of prospecting subversive activities - foreign states, special services of foreign states, and also the organizations, separate groups and persons whose activities pose threat to national interests of Ukraine in the sphere of state security;
information security - condition of security of national interests of the person, society and state in the information sphere under which the possibility of harming is excluded through: incompleteness, inopportuneness and unauthenticity of information which is used, negative information impact; leakage of the state secret and office information; negative consequences of use of information technologies; unauthorized distribution, use and violation of integrity, confidentiality and availability of information, including by carrying out by foreign intelligence agencies and separate organizations, groups, persons of special information transactions and destructive information impacts, and also is provided timely identification, prevention and neutralization of real and potential hazards to national interests and homeland security of Ukraine. Information security is component of homeland security of Ukraine;
the counterprospecting mode - system stipulated by the legislation cumulative counterprospecting, prospecting, regime and the administrative legal measures aimed at providing state security and protection of national interests of Ukraine against external and internal threats promote counteraction of intelligence, subversive, diversionary, terrorist and other activities of subjects of prospecting subversive activities, and also elimination of prerequisites for its implementation and localization of possible negative consequences.
4. Strategy is based on the principles:
supremacy of law, legality, transparency, accountability and democratic civil control of functioning of the sector of safety and defense;
strict observance of rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
respect for rules of international law, for the benefit of Ukraine in international efforts on peacekeeping and safety, interstate systems and mechanisms of the international collective security, counteraction to terrorism and its financing, transnational organized crime.
5. The Security Service of Ukraine is state body of special purpose with law-enforcement functions which ensures state security of Ukraine.
6. The legal basis of Strategy are the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine "About homeland security of Ukraine", other laws of Ukraine, the international agreements which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Strategy of homeland security of Ukraine approved by the Presidential decree of Ukraine of September 14, 2020 No. 392/2020, and also the published in pursuance of the Constitution of Ukraine and the laws of Ukraine, other acts of the legislation of Ukraine.
7. The Russian Federation for realization of own strategic objectives in Ukraine, including compromise of its statehood, continues hybrid war, systemically applies political, economic, information and psychological and other means, cyber attacks.
8. Occupational administration of the Russian Federation which is constituted by its state bodies and structures functionally responsible for management of temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine and the self-proclaimed bodies under control to the Russian Federation which usurped accomplishment of imperious functions in temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine, roughly break the principles and rules of international law and freedoms of man and citizen, their activities threaten state security of Ukraine.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.