of July 13, 1999 No. 416-I
About counteraction to terrorism
This Law establishes the principles, the purpose, legal and organizational basis of counteraction to terrorism.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) objects of mass accumulation of people - shopping facilities the floor space from 500 square meters and more, objects of public catering on 100 and more seats; concert halls, sports, entertaining, transport and other public constructions, the organizations of education and health care, the location of tourists, including the open territory adjoining to them, 200 and more people intended or prepared for mass stay of people with possibility of simultaneous stay;
2) division of special purpose - the division created for suppression of acts of terrorism;
3) the hostage - the physical person captured and (or) withheld for the purpose of compulsion of state body, local government body or the international organization to make any action or to refrain from making of any action as conditions of release of the person captured and (or) withheld;
4) violence ideology - system of the public theories, views and the ideas justifying violence including using terrorist methods and means for achievement of political, religious, ideological and other goals;
5) terrorism - ideology of violence and practice of impact on decision making by state bodies, local government bodies or international organizations by making or the threat of making of the violent and (or) other criminal acts connected with intimidation of the population and directed to damnification of the personality, to society and the state;
6) the act of terrorism - making or threat of making of explosion, the arson or other actions creating danger of death of people, causings significant property damage or approach of other socially dangerous effects if these actions are made for the purpose of violation of public safety, intimidation of the population or rendering impact on decision making by state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreign states or the international organizations, and also the infringement of human life made in the same purposes, and is equal the infringement of life of the state or public figure made for the purpose of the termination of its state or other political activities or from revenge for such activities;
6-1) appeal to making of the act of terrorism - the address expressed publicly or reflected in the extended information material, influencing consciousness, will and behavior of physical person for the purpose of its motivation on making of the act of terrorism;
7) anti-terrorist operation - complex of special events using physical force, guard dogs, military and other equipment, weapon and special means according to the prevention, suppression of the act of terrorism, neutralization of terrorists, destructive devices, safety of physical persons and organizations, and also on minimization and (or) mitigation of consequences of the act of terrorism.
According to the decision of the chief Services of the state protection of the Republic of Kazakhstan security actions for safety of protected persons are held within anti-terrorist operations according to this Law;
8) legal regime of anti-terrorist operation - specific mode of functioning of the state bodies performing counteraction to terrorism in case of which in the anti-terrorist operation zone establishment of separate measures, temporary restrictions of the rights and freedoms of citizens, foreigners and stateless persons, and also the rights of legal entities for conducting anti-terrorist operation is allowed;
9) the anti-terrorist operation zone - the certain sites of the area or the water area, airspace, the vehicle, the building, structure, construction, the room and the territories adjoining to them determined by the head of anti-terrorist operation within which the specified operation is performed;
10) counteraction to terrorism - activities of state bodies and local government bodies on:
to terrorism prevention;
to identification, suppression of terrorist activities, disclosure and investigation of terrorist crimes;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.