of October 21, 2021 No. 1818-IX
About energy efficiency
This Law determines legal, economic and organizational basis of the relations arising in the field of ensuring energy efficiency during production, transportation, transfer, distribution, delivery and energy consumption.
1. In this Law the stated below terms are used in such value:
1) the requirement to ecodesign - any requirement concerning products which consume energy (further - energy-requiring products), to designing of such products, directed to improvement of its characteristics, and also the requirement about provision of information on elements or functions of energy-requiring products during all product lifecycle which can influence the surrounding environment;
2) highly effective cogeneration installation - cogeneration installation with high efficiency which provides economy of primary energy at the level of not lower than 10 percent in comparison with control values of efficiency for separate production of electrical and heat energy, and also small cogeneration installation and microcogeneration installation which provide economy of primary energy;
3) highly effective cogeneration - the combined production of electrical and heat energy highly effective cogeneration installation;
4) ecodesign - integration of ecological aspects into process of development of energy-requiring products for the purpose of improvement of ecological characteristics of such products for all its lifecycle;
5) energy economy - amount of reducing energy consumption which is determined by comparison of the amounts of consumption measured and/or calculated before implementation of energy efficient actions with ensuring normalization of external and internal conditions which influence energy consumption;
6) energy efficiency - quantitative ratio between work, services, goods or energy at the exit and the spent energy on entrance;
7) energy marking - representation to information users about the level of efficiency of consumption by the power absorbing products of energy and other resources, and also the additional information by attachment (drawing) of the energy label;
8) energy audit - the systematized analysis of energy use and energy consumption in the limits determined by nature and amount of works by energy audit for the purpose of determination, quantitative expression and preparation of the report on possibility of increase in level of energy efficiency;
9) the energy auditor - the physical person which received the qualification certificate and has the right to implementation of energy audit;
10) energy - all types of fuel and energy which are used in national economy, including natural gas, coal, oil, oil products, the liquefied gas, renewable energy resources, heat energy, electrical energy and any other forms of energy determined in regulations about statistics in the field of power;
11) energy efficient actions - actions of technical, organizational, economic, information nature or their set of which realization increase in energy efficiency (decrease in specific costs) which can be measured or calculated is result;
12) effective centralized heat supply - system of centralized heat supply which uses at least 50 percent of renewable energy or 50 percent of waste heat energy, or 75 percent of the heat energy made in the course of cogeneration, or set of 50 percent of such energy and heat;
13) the obligations parties - power suppliers, including electrosuppliers, suppliers of natural gas who according to this Law take part in the scheme of obligations on energy efficiency on which they shall provide achievement of the share of indicator of annual reducing energy consumption determined for them;
14) intellectual system of accounting - the automated system which it is information combines smart meters and provides acceptance, processing and transfers of the measured and other information on communication channels for the purposes of carrying out commercial calculations, monitoring and control;
15) the smart meter - the multipurpose counter which provides measurement and exchange of the measured information with intellectual system of accounting by means of communication channel;
16) end use energy consumption - amount of the energy delivered to consumers in sectors of the industry, transport, rendering services, agricultural industry and the residential sector except energy which is delivered for processes of its transformation or transformation and own consumption of the energy sector;
17) small cogeneration installation - cogeneration installation with the maximum electric power from 50 kW to 1 MW;
18) microcogeneration installation - cogeneration installation with the maximum electric power up to 50 kW;
19) fuel and energy resources - the natural and transformed types of fuel and energy;
20) primary energy consumption - gross (cumulative) amount of the consumed energy in the country, except energy which is used for satisfaction of not energy needs;
21) primary energy resource - natural energy resource which was not exposed to any artificial changes, conversion or transformations;
22) the action plan of sustainable energy development and climate - the document of strategic planning which can be developed by request of local government body and determines long-term goals of sustainable energy development of territorial community (including objects in the corresponding territory) and economically reasonable actions directed to achievement of the national purpose on energy efficiency;
23) products consuming energy (energy-requiring products) - any products, including goods which when using influence energy consumption and are introduced into circulation and/or operation, including elements which can be part of such products which are introduced into circulation and/or operation as separate parts and which ecological characteristics can be independently estimated;
24) the power service market - system of the relations between customers and contractors during power service acquisition;
25) smart networks - power networks which combine by economically reasonable method of participants of the market of electrical energy and allow to manage transmission of energy and its consumption for the purpose of increase in reliability of electric utility service and non-failure operation of work of power system;
26) system of energy management - management system which determines energy policy and the purposes, energy tasks, action plans and processes for goal achievement and energy tasks;
27) waste heat energy - the heat energy received as by-product from the main activities;
28) the consumer - the physical person, physical person entrepreneur or the legal entity using energy for own needs, but not for resale or use as raw materials or fuel.
2. Other terms in this Law, are used in the values given in the Economic code of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine "About introduction of new investment opportunities, providing the rights and legitimate interests of subjects of business activity for carrying out large-scale power upgrade", "About the natural gas market", "About the market of electrical energy", "About heat supply", "About public purchases", "About the National commission performing state regulation in spheres of power and utilities", "About energy efficiency of buildings", "About the combined production of heat and electrical energy (cogeneration) and use of waste power potential", "About standardization", "About government assistance to subjects of managing", "About the state market supervision and control of non-food products", "About technical regulations and assessment of conformity", "About accreditation of conformity assessment bodies".
1. This Law governs the relations arising in the field of ensuring energy efficiency and is directed to strengthening of energy security, reducing energy poverty, sustainable economic development, safety of primary energy resources and emission reduction of greenhouse gases.
2. The sphere of ensuring energy efficiency covers energy efficient actions which are performed during production, transportation, transfer, distribution, delivery and energy consumption.
3. In obligation fulfillment of Ukraine under the Constitutive treaty of Energy Community and the agreement on association between Ukraine, on the one hand, and the European Union, European Atomic Energy Community and their state members, on the other hand, this Law is directed to implementation of acquis communautaire of the European Union in the field of energy efficiency, namely: Directives 2012/27/EU on energy efficiency, Directives 2009/125/EU on framework for establishment of requirements of ecodesign for the products connected with energy consumption, Regulations (EU) 2017/1369 about establishment of framework for energy marking.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.