of November 15, 2021 No. 133
About the Constitutional court of the Kyrgyz Republic
1. The constitutional court of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Constitutional court) is the supreme body of judicial authority exercising the constitutional control by means of the constitutional legal proceedings.
2. The constitutional court is independent of any other public power and submits only to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Constitution).
3. The constitutional court provides supremacy and direct operation of the Constitution, firmness of bases of the constitutional system, rights and freedoms of man and citizen.
The basic principles of activities of the Constitutional court are independence, collective nature, transparency, competitiveness and equality of participants.
1. The organization, competence, structure, procedure for forming, appointment and release of the chairman and vice-chairman of the Constitutional court are determined by the Constitution and this constitutional Law.
2. Consideration and decision making on the questions which are within the competence of the Constitutional court are performed according to the procedure of the constitutional legal proceedings established by the Constitution, this constitutional Law and the Regulations of the Constitutional court (further - Regulations).
3. The status, independence guarantees, procedure for accountability, discharge and dismissal of judges of the Constitutional court are determined by the constitutional laws, the laws.
1. Constitutional court:
Official interpretation of the Constitution gives 1);
2) resolves cases on compliance of the Constitution of the laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic;
3) draws the conclusion about constitutionality of not become effective international treaties which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic;
4) resolves disputes on competence between government branches;
5) draws the conclusion to the bill on changes and amendments in the Constitution;
6) draws the conclusion about observance of established procedure of promotion of accusation against the President of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the President).
2. Concerning the internal activities the Constitutional court accepts Regulations, approves regulations on the device of the Constitutional court, its structure and the number of staff within expense budget.
3. The constitutional court annually analyzes execution of the acts adopted by it and publishes for general data.
1. The constitutional court consists of nine judges: chairman, vice-chairman and seven judges of the Constitutional court.
2. The judge of the Constitutional court the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic can be not younger than 40 years and 70 years, having higher legal education and length of service by legal profession are not more senior at least 15 years.
Judges of the Constitutional court are elected by at least a half of voices from total number of deputies of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - Jogorku Kenesh) before age achievement of limit.
1. The chairman of the Constitutional court is appointed the President according to the offer of Judicial council and with the consent of at least a half of voices from total number of deputies of Jogorku Kenesh from among judges of the Constitutional court for a period of 5 years.
2. The vice-chairman of the Constitutional court is appointed the President on representation of the chairman of the Constitutional court for a period of 5 years.
1. The chairman, the vice-chairman of the Constitutional court are exempted from the positions after the term to which they were appointed, or at own will.
Powers of the chairman, the vice-chairman of the Constitutional court stop also in case of their early release from judgeship, the termination of powers as the judge of the Constitutional court.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.