of June 5, 1997 No. 318/97-BP
This Law determines the general principles of publishing, regulates procedure for the organization and implementation of publishing activities, production and distribution of publishing products, condition of relations and functioning of subjects of publishing.
According to the Constitution of Ukraine this Law is designed to promote national culturally development of the Ukrainian people, citizens of Ukraine of all nationalities, to approval of their spirituality and morals, access for members of society to universal values, protection of the rights and interests of authors, publishers, manufacturers, distributors and consumers of publishing products.
In this Law terms are used in such value:
1) production of publishing products - reproduction production engineering procedure by certain circulation of the publishing original printing or other technical means;
2) the manufacturer of publishing products - the subject of managing performing production of circulation of the edition;
3) the publisher - the subject of managing who performs publishing activities;
4) publishing house - the legal entity whose core activity are the publishing activities;
5) publishing activities - organizational and creative, the economic productive activity of publishers directed to preparation and appearance of publishing products;
6) the publishing organization - the legal entity performing publishing activities together with other types of activity;
7) publishing products - set of the editions issued by the publisher (publishers);
8) publishing - creation or combination by subjects of managing of such types of activity: publishing activities, production of publishing products, distribution of publishing products;
9) the edition - the work (document) which underwent publishing processing, produced by typographical stamping or different way which contains information intended for distribution and meets the requirements of regulatory legal acts concerning publishing registration, printing and workmanship;
10) output data - data set, characterizing the edition and intended for its registration, bibliographic processing, the statistical recording and informing the consumer;
10-1) electronic Books in the Market catalog - the automated information and analytical system containing information on the book editions available in the market of Ukraine including offered by publishers for sale;
11) the customer of publishing products - physical person or legal entity which orders publishing products, assuming financial liabilities;
12) the international standard number - number which at the international level identifies the corresponding edition of certain publisher;
13) distribution of publishing products - bringing publishing products to the consumer through retail chain stores or otherwise;
14) the distributor of publishing products - the subject of managing performing distribution of publishing products;
15) socially necessary editions - types of the editions provided to release according to the state order for satisfaction of priority state needs;
16) the thematic program - the program of release of socially necessary editions for budgetary funds developed in accordance with the established procedure;
17) the circulation (circulation) - the number of the made copies.
It is excluded according to the Law of Ukraine of 01.07.2014 No. 1554-VII
Publishing is directed on:
requirements satisfaction of the personality, society, state in publishing products and profit earning from this type of activity;
creation of opportunities for self-expression of citizens as authors irrespective of race, skin color, political, religious and other convictions, floor, ethnic and social origin, property status, the residence, on language or other signs;
ensuring right to liberty of thought and the word, on free expression of the views and beliefs;
assistance national culturally to development of the Ukrainian people by increase in total quantity of circulations, amounts and expansion of thematic orientation of the Ukrainian book publishing;
ensuring access of the Ukrainian society to universal values by the translation into state language of the best achievements of the world literature, science, etc. adjustment of cooperation with foreign publishing houses, the Ukrainian diaspora, the conclusions of the corresponding international agreements;
release of editions in languages of ethnic minorities of Ukraine for satisfaction of their cultural and educational requirements;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.