of April 23, 1998 No. 219-I
About radiation safety of the population
This Law governs the public relations in the field of ensuring radiation safety of the population, for the purpose of protection of his health from harmful effects of ionizing radiation.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
intervention level - the size of the prevented dose in case of which achievement in cases of emergence of situations of chronic or emergency radiation protective or postemergency measures are taken;
effective dose - the size of the absorbed energy of ionizing radiation used as measure of risk of emergence of the remote effects of radiation of human body and its separate bodies taking into account their radio sensitivity;
the controlled area is the territory on which special rules on radiation control, the admission and accommodation of people act;
ionizing radiation - the radiation consisting from loaded, uncharged particles and photons which in case of interaction with environment form ions of different signs;
the operating organization - the legal entity performing activities for the address with subjects to use of atomic energy;
personnel - physical persons, constantly or temporarily working with sources of ionizing radiation or being under the terms of work in the field of their impact;
radiation accident - violation of limits of safe operation of subject to use of atomic energy in case of which there was exit of radioactive products and (or) ionizing radiation for the borders provided by the project of normal operation which could bring or led to radiation of people or radioactive environmental pollution above the established regulations;
radiation safety - the condition of properties and characteristics of subject to use of atomic energy provided with complex of the actions limiting radiative effects on personnel, the population and the environment according to the regulations established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
radiation protection - set of the radiation and hygienic, design, technical and organizational actions aimed at providing radiation safety;
radiation monitoring - systematic observations of condition of radiation situation as on subjects to use of sources of ionizing radiation, and in the environment;
natural radiation background - the radiation dose created by the space radiation and radiation of the natural radionuclides which are naturally distributed in the earth, water, air, other elements of the biosphere, foodstuff and human body;
tekhnogenno the changed radiation background - the natural radiation background changed as a result of activities of the person;
the technogenic radiation background is the levels of indicators characterizing radiation situation less levels of the same indicators characterizing natural radiation background of this area.
The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of ensuring radiation safety is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, consists of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About use of atomic energy", this Law, and also other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The basic principles of ensuring radiation safety are:
the principle of regulation - not exceeding of admissible limits of individual doses of radiation of citizens from all sources of ionizing radiation;
the principle of reasons - prohibition of all types of activity on use of sources of ionizing radiation in case of which the advantage received for the person and society does not exceed risk of the possible harm done by radiation, additional to natural radiation background;
the principle of optimization - maintenance at perhaps low and achievable level taking into account economic and social factors of individual doses of radiation and number of the irradiated persons when using any source of ionizing radiation;
the principle of emergency optimization - the form, scale and duration of taking measures in emergency (emergency) situations shall be optimized so that actions for mitigation of consequences of radiation accident brought more benefit, than harm.
Radiation safety is ensured:
carrying out package of measures of legal, organizational, technical, sanitary and hygienic, preventive, educational, general education and information nature;
realization by state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, public associations, physical persons and legal entities of actions for observance of regulations and rules of radiation safety;
implementation of radiation monitoring in all territory of the republic;
the paragraph the fifth Article 4 is excluded according to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 03.07.2013 No. 124-V ZRK
program implementation of high-quality ensuring radiation safety at all levels of implementation of practical activities with sources of ionizing radiation.
Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) develops the main directions of state policy in the field of ensuring radiation safety of the population;
2) performs other functions assigned to it by the Constitution, this Law, other laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan and acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. Are within the competence of authorized state body in use of atomic energy:
1) realization of state policy in the field of ensuring radiation safety of the population, stipulated by the legislation the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of use of atomic energy;
2) development and approval of technical regulations in the field of ensuring radiation safety;
3) development and approval of qualification requirements to the personnel occupied on subjects to use of atomic energy;
4) implementation of other powers provided by this Law, other laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
2. In the field of sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the population are within the competence of state body:
1) the organization and implementation of the state sanitary and epidemiologic control and supervision of observance of requirements of health regulations, hygienic standard rates and technical regulations in the field of ensuring radiation safety of the population;
2) implementation of other powers provided by this Law, other laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.