of July 20, 2006 No. 231-XVI
About identification and registration of animals
The parliament adopts this ordinary law.
(1) This law establishes the basic principles of the organization and implementation of activities for identification and registration of animals in the territory of the Republic of Moldova.
(2) Provisions of this law extend to activities for identification and registration of animals of type of cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, and also the posterity received as a result of their crossing, except for wild animals.
(1) Identification and registration of animals are regulated by this law and regulations in the field, and also international treaties which party is the Republic of Moldova.
(2) In case of discrepancy of provisions of this law to requirements of international treaties for identification and registration of animals, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova, the international standards have priority.
For the purpose of this law the following basic concepts are used:
The state register of animals – data set, the entities organized according to conceptual structure, describing the main characteristics and the relations between them and intended for scope;
The automated information system "State Register of Animals" (AIS GRZh) – complex of the elements and procedures allowing to identify and register animals and objects, providing respect for the principle of traceability, control of which is exercised of the single operator;
label – the means of identification of animals made of plastic with print of single number of registration of animal;
object card – the identification document of object which is issued along with veterinary and sanitary permission to activities after introduction of information on object in the database with assignment to subject of single registration number;
the animal owner – the physical person or legal entity having in permanent ownership of animals as their owner and/or the owner of the object or person who is temporarily looking after animals. Persons responsible for groups of animals, vehicles in which there are animals, and also managing directors of fair objects or exhibition of animal, summer camps, livestock farms, the procurement centers and companies for slaughter of animals enter this category without any exception;
object – any livestock unit, structure or the company under the open sky in which are performed cultivation, content of animals or manipulation by them;
the register of object – complex of data in printed form on the identified animals of the corresponding object and their movement and packet of the veterinary documents issued to the owner or the owner of object in case of mark of movement of animals (including initial identification), with archiving of the corresponding copies in chronological procedure and introduction them in the inventory of cases of permanent storage, including within three years from the moment of closing of object;
identification of animals – assignment of identification number by application of labels, other means of identification, including electronic which provide identification of animals without causing harm by it and with observance of requirements of traceability;
the individual passport for cattle – the official document in which identity of each animal type of cattle is registered;
the transponder – the electronic identification device (microchip) providing double functionality: accumulating of single identification number and transfer it in case of activation by the field of the corresponding radio frequency;
national operator of AIS GRZh (national operator) – The national agency on safety of foodstuff which is entrusted according to the law with the activities connected with registration, updating of data on objects and animals, designing, creation, implementation, work and contents of the State register of animals, safety, protection and integrity of data specified as the responsible person and the national supplier of means of identification;
subjects of legal relationship in the field of identification and registration of animals – the state bodies involved in process of regulation, coordinating and control of implementation of AIS GRZh according to service duties.
Subjects of legal relationship in the field of identification and registration of animals are:
a) the state - the owner of the State register of animals;
b) the owner of the State register of animals on behalf of the National agency on safety of foodstuff;
c) bodies of the central and local public authority, the owner of animals - the receiver of data of the State register of animals;
d) the registrar/subregistrar of the State register of animals (responsible for issue of forms about movement (F 2)) on behalf of the National agency on safety of foodstuff.
(1) Registration of animals is performed in the State register of animals containing and data electronically on objects, the identified animals of the corresponding object and their movement and document package issued to the owner or the owner of object in case of mark of movement of animals (including initial identification), with archiving of the corresponding copies in chronological procedure and introduction them in the inventory of cases of permanent storage, including within three years from the moment of closing of object.
(2) Rules of maintaining the State register of animals are established by the order of the Government.
(1) Identification of animals is performed by the animal owner who shall provide the relevant information for inclusion it in the State register of animals.
(2) the List of documents and the list of the AIS GRZh procedures are established by the provision approved by the Government.
(The Automated information system "State Register of Animals" includes 4):
a) means of identification of animal;
b) documents on registration of animal;
c) the individual passport for cattle;
d) the equipment and electronic providing relating to collection, accumulating, monitoring and use of data.
(5) Animals are subject to identification by application of means of identification as follows:
a) for cattle – two identical eartabs, on one on each ear, with free issue of the individual passport by the national operator for cattle;
b) for sheep, goats, pigs – one eartab;
c) for horses, donkeys and the posterity received as a result of their crossing – the transponder.
(1) the Subjects of legal relationship in the field of identification and registration of animals having access to the State register of animals shall provide protection and confidentiality of the used information.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.