of May 24, 2021 No. ZR-194
About the rights of persons with disability
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on May 5, 2021
The purpose of this Law is providing for persons with disability of favorable conditions for implementation of the civil, political, economic, social and cultural laws and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia and also according to the conventional principles and rules of international law, international treaties ratified by the Republic of Armenia on an equal basis with other people, their equal participation in public life and effective social integration.
1. Operation of this Law extends to citizens of the Republic of Armenia, foreigners, persons without citizenship, persons with the status of refugees. With the status of refugees operation of this Law extends to foreigners, persons without citizenship and persons in the period of availability of the right at them to live also residence in the Republic of Armenia.
2. The regulations on persons with disability established by this Law, the relations, governing laws of persons with disability equally extend to children with disability if other is not established by the law or does not follow from features of their regulation and (or) as they are applicable to children with disability.
3. This Law establishes main objective of state policy of providing, stimulation and protection of the rights of persons with disability, the relations connected with the principles and the directions of state policy of providing, stimulation and protection of the rights of persons with the disability, the organizational and legal basis necessary for protection of the rights and social integration of persons with disability and also other relations connected with providing available conditions and equal opportunities for protection of the rights and social integration of persons with disability are governed.
1. In the Republic of Armenia the relations connected with the rights of persons with disability are regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, this Law and other legal acts, and also the international treaties ratified by the Republic of Armenia.
2. The relations connected with assessment of needs of persons with disability, appointment, payment, suspension, recalculation, the termination and renewal of pension payment and benefits are regulated by other laws of the Republic of Armenia and international treaties ratified by the Republic of Armenia.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) disability - the phenomenon (situation) arising owing to interaction of persons having problems with health, and environment barriers (including the relations) which interferes with full and effective participation of person in public life on an equal basis with others;
2) person with disability - person who owing to interaction of long physical, mental, intellectual and (or) emotional problems can have restriction of full and effective participation in public life on an equal basis with others;
3) environment factors - the physical and social factors of the environment influencing person and its participation in all spheres of activity:
and. the physical circle - the material world surrounding person in all its manifestations (including physical, information and communicative), the residence and activities where person lives, studies, works, moves and will organize the private and public life;
. social environment - set of people around person and public (including the relation of society), economic, social, cultural, spiritual conditions of its existence and activities;
4) environment barriers - the interfering factors in the environment of person (including the unavailable physical circle, information and communicative obstacles, lack of the appropriate supportive applications, negative attitude of persons to disability) which limit functionality of person and prevent social integration of person in public life to both full and effective participation in it;
5) social integration - full-fledged inclusiveness and active participation of individual in public life;
6) general design - design of goods, the environment, programs and services which without corrections and need of specialized design makes most available for each person use of goods, the environment, programs and services, if necessary not excepting availability of supportive applications for certain groups of persons with disability;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.