of November 25, 2005 No. 7
About approval of Rules of work of the Public Records Offices of the Republic of Belarus
Approve the enclosed Rules of work of the Public Records Offices of the Republic of Belarus.
V. I. Adamushko
Approved by the Resolution of Committee on archives and clerical work under Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of November 25, 2005 No. 7
1. These rules establish operating procedure of the Public Records Offices (further - archives).
2. These rules establish the single requirements imposed to activities of the archives storing documents on papers for ensuring safety, the state accounting, completing, examination of value of documents, use of documents and document information for the benefit of citizens, society and the state.
3. The requirements stated in these rules regarding regulations, general for archives (the organization of planning and the reporting, labor organization, scientific and methodical work, printing activities, work with managerial documentation) extend to the archives storing scientific and technical documentation, film, photo, phono - and video documents (further - audiovisual documents) and electronic documents.
3-1. These rules extend also on territorial (city or district) archives of local executive and administrative organs.
4. The Public Records Office (further - archive) is the public institution financed from the budget of the Republic of Belarus. The archive performs the functions in interaction with state bodies, scientific, cultural and other organizations, public associations, and also citizens.
5. The documents which are stored in archives are historical and cultural property of the Belarusian people and are in property of the state.
6. In the limits set by the legislation of the Republic of Belarus, the archive performs competences on ownership, use and the order of part of documents of National Archive Fund of the Republic of Belarus (further - NAF), performs their permanent storage in the mode of protection and use providing integrity of historically developed archive complexes and their availability to users. For this purpose the archive on the basis of the single scientific and methodical principles ensures safety of the accepted documents, performs completing and accounting of documents, creates and enhances explanatory notes, provides to users of condition for use of archive documents, performs information servicing of state bodies and other organizations, satisfaction of information needs and constitutional rights of citizens, and also performs independent use of documents for the benefit of citizens, societies and the states.
7. Archival management is understood as the organization of activities for accomplishment by workers of tasks and functions of archive.
8. Heads archive and the director directs its activities. He bears the personal responsibility for accomplishment of the tasks assigned to archive, distributes obligations between the deputies.
In archive as advisory body the directorate for joint discussion of the main questions of activities is created. Regulations on directorate and its structure affirm the director. Decisions of directorate become effective orders of the director of archive.
9. In archive as scientific advisory bodies with involvement of representatives of other organizations and scientific community can be created:
the academic council for joint consideration of questions of research and printing work. Regulations on the academic council and its structure affirm the director of archive;
the expert and methodical commission (further - EMK) for consideration of questions of examination of value of documents, evaluating cost of the material historical and cultural values or cultural values making NAF, scientific and methodical ensuring activities of archive. Regulations on EMK and its structure affirm the director of archive. Decisions of EMK become effective after approval of the minutes of the commission by the director of archive.
In case of need in archive other scientific advisory bodies can be created. Regulations on them and their structures affirm the director of archive.
10. Work planning is performed by archive independently on the basis of the analysis of results of activities, perspective plans of development of archiving, instructions and recommendations of relevant organ of archiving and clerical work.
11. Work on planning and control over the implementation of plan targets, preparation of reporting documents will be organized by the director of archive or its deputy.
12. The work plan of archive is constituted for year. According to perspective plans of development of archiving, and also on own initiative in archive perspective plans of work or development of the separate directions it activities can be developed.
In case of work planning for year the priority directions, work types are determined, I will eat around them also contractors, regular, financial and material opportunities are considered, issues of coordination of activities of structural divisions of archive are resolved.
The work plan of archive for year consists of the Sections corresponding to the areas of work of archive and includes names and work types which accomplishment is controlled by relevant organ of archiving and clerical work. To the work plan of archive for year the explanatory note in which types and amount of planned activities are proved and concretized is constituted, their resulting effect is determined, the main organizational and methodical actions, terms and contractors are specified.
To the work plan of archive for year settlement part in which on the basis of the planned number of staff of archive and regulations of time and development calculation of the budget of the working hours necessary for accomplishment of the planned works is made is constituted, float time on accomplishment of unplanned tasks is provided.
The work plan of archive for year includes appendices: plans of organizational actions, research work, classes in advanced training of workers and other applications installed by Department on archives and clerical work of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Belarus (further - Department).
The work plan of archive for year is considered at meeting of directorate and affirms relevant organ of archiving and clerical work.
The work plan of structural division of archive includes profile indicators of the work plan of archive for year, and also types and amount of works. The work plan of structural division affirms the director of archive.
The individual plan of the employee of archive is constituted on the basis of the work plan of structural division and affirms the head of the structural unit.
13. Control over the implementation of work plans of archives for year and quality of work is performed by management of archive and its structural divisions. Accomplishment of plan targets, quality of work are considered at meetings of directorate of archive and are brought to the attention of labor collective.
14. The report on accomplishment of the work plan of archive in year (half-year, quarter) is constituted according to the scheme of the work plan of archive for year.
Are applied to the report explanatory note and other applications installed by relevant organ of archiving and clerical work.
The same body establishes procedure, terms of representation and structure of appendices to the report for work of archive for the corresponding period.
In explanatory note the short analysis of the main results of work, effectiveness of the held organizational and methodical events is given.
15. Reports on accomplishment of the work plan of structural division, the individual plan of workers are constituted in form of the work plan of structural division for year and the individual plan of workers in the terms established by the director of archive.
16. The archive performs paid works and services according to the procedure, established by the legislation of the Republic of Belarus.
17. The archive informs potential consumers on the performed works and services. Types and amount of paid works and services join in work plans of archive and its structural divisions for year.
18. Classification of documents within NAF is understood as their scientific grouping on the basis of the following signs:
belongings of documents to certain historical periods;
accessories of documents to state and to other patterns of ownership;
belongings of documents to certain administrative and territorial units;
accessories of documents to certain legal entities or physical persons;
belongings of documents to the complexes having republican and local value;
type of carriers, method and technology of fixing of information.
19. Documents of the state part of NAF depending on time of origin are subdivided into documents of the pre-October period (till November 7 (on October 25), 1917), the Soviet period (till September 19, 1991), Post-Soviet (the period of the sovereign Republic of Belarus).
Documents of the pre-October period (till November 7 (on October 25), 1917) are stored separately from documents of other historical periods. The isolated document storage, formed in different historical periods, is provided with the organization of system of archives, their structure and grouping of documents for archive funds and archive collections.
20. The documents of the state part of NAF carried to complexes of republican value are stored in republican archives, republican libraries and the museums, and also in archives of the relevant state bodies, other organizations.
The documents of the state part of NAF carried to complexes of local value are stored in regional and zone archives, territorial (city or district) archives of local executive and administrative organs (further - city and district archives) and the museums.
Documents of non-state part of NAF are stored in the organizations-fondoobrazovatelyakh, at physical persons and in archives (on contractual basis).
21. Depending on belonging of documents to administrative and territorial units distribution of documents between regional, zone, city and district archives is performed.
22. Accessory of documents to certain legal entities or physical persons is the basis for reference of the specified documents to archive fund - the fundamental classification unit of NAF.
23. Depending on scale and nature of organization activity reference of their documents to complexes of republican and local value is performed:
23.1. treat complexes of documents of republican value:
funds of the civil and military organizations, public associations and the organizations of Grand Duchy of Lithuania, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the Russian Empire, the Russian republic (the period of Provisional government) extending the competence to all or considerable part of the territory of Belarus;
funds of local organizations of the pre-revolutionary period;
funds of organizations of the Soviet Socialist Republic of Lithuania and Belarus;
funds of organizations of the Belarusian People's Republic;
funds of the occupational governing bodies and public organizations functioning in the territory of Belarus during civil war and foreign military intervention of 1918-1920 and the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945; funds of the supreme bodies
the government and the central governing bodies of BSSR, the organizations allied (the former USSR) subordination, acting in the territory of BSSR, central bodies of bedding set, LKSMB and the BSSR public organizations, the other organizations which competence extended to all territory of BSSR, military organizations, parts and connections of the Belarusian military district Decorated with the Order of the Red Banner;
funds of the supreme bodies of the government and the central governing bodies of the Republic of Belarus, other organizations which competence extends (extended) to all territory of the Republic of Belarus;
23.2. treat complexes of documents of local value:
funds of the provincial, district, regional, volost, district and city, rural, backward organizations operating after November 7 (on October 25), 1917;
funds of the industrial, cooperative, agricultural enterprises operating (acting) in the territory of the corresponding administrative and territorial unit if their documents are not carried to complexes of republican value;
funds provincial, district, regional, volost, district, district, city, bedding sets rural organizations, LKSMB and other public organizations;
funds of organizations of the Western Belarus of 1919-1939;
23.3. reference of documents NAF to the complexes having republican value is performed by republican state body in the field of archiving and clerical work, and to the complexes of documents having local value - structural divisions on archives and clerical work regional (Minsk city) executive committees.
24. Depending on type of carriers, methods and technology of fixing of information classification of scientific and technical, audiovisual, electronic documentation is performed. This sign is used during creation of the relevant specialized archives (or departments of archive).
25. Classification of documents within archive is understood as grouping of documents on archive funds and archive collections.
Set of the documents which are formed in activities of fondoobrazovatel - legal entity or physical person, makes its documentary fund.
Set of archive documents, historically and logically connected among themselves, makes archive fund. The archive fund is not subject to crushing. Separation of documents of one archive fund between several archives is inadmissible.
26. Kinds of archive fund are:
the archive fund of the organization consisting of the archive documents formed in activities of one legal entity;
the archive fund of personal origin consisting of the documents formed throughout life of citizens (their family, sort);
the joint archive fund (further - OAF) consisting of the documents formed in the course of activities of two or more fondoobrazovatel who had among themselves historically and (or) logically caused communications.
27. Set of the separate documents of different origin combined on one or several signs (thematic, nominal, author's, chronological, object), represents archive collection. Archive collections can arrive in archive in already developed type or be created in the archive from separate documents. Historically developed archive collections arrived in archive from other archives from legal entities or physical persons, are not subject to disbandment.
28. Practical implementation of classification of documents by archive funds is called funding. Funding consists of determination (refining) of share accessory of documents and chronological limits of documents of archive funds for the purpose of forming of archive funds and archive collections.
Work on funding is carried out in clerical work and archives of state bodies, other organizations (further - the organizations), and also in archive - in case of the description of the documents accepted unprocessed, conversion of the old poorly constituted inventories, during creation of the joint archive funds and archive collections, funding error correction.
29. Determination of share accessory of documents consists in their reference to fund of the relevant legal entity or physical person.
Incoming documents belong to fund of that organization by which they are received.
Copies of outgoing documents (leave) belong to fund of that organization which is their author. Documents of the internal address belong to fund of that organization in which they are constituted.
In case of determination of share accessory of documents of personal origin content, addresses in letters (designation of addressees), signatures, handwriting, references of different persons are taken into account.
Documents of the organization and its primary public organizations (trade-union, party, youth, scientific and technical and others) can constitute one archive fund.
Business which were run consistently in two organizations are included archive fund of that organization in which they were finished with clerical work. In case of reorganization of the organization with transfer of its functions to the legal successor the cases finished in clerical work join in fund of the reorganized organization, and pending cases - in fund of the organization of the legal successor.
If among documents of archive fund mistakenly included documents of other funds are found, they shall be selected and attached to those funds which they treat.
From funds of personal origin documents of the state organizations can be selected and attached to the relevant funds if these funds are stored in this archive and are not connected with activities of person which formed archive fund of personal origin in any way. Documents of public associations, other non-state organizations from funds of personal origin of persons heads and members of the corresponding associations and the organizations are not subject to selection.
30. The name corresponding to the official name of fondoobrazovatel (complete and reduced) with all its renamings, changes of subordination, the location is appropriated to each archive fund.
The name of archive fund of personal origin consists of surname, own name and middle name (if that is available), alias, title, kind of activity, official position, rank of fondoobrazovatel.
31. OAF can be created from documents:
homogeneous on purpose and functions of the organizations of the same name operating in certain territory.
Gminny boards of the Brest county of the Polesia voivodeship;
the governing body and the organizations subordinated to it operating in certain territory.
Belarusian Industrial Construction Bank and its offices;
state governing bodies (Councils of deputies and executive committees of basic and regional levels).
Chervensky regional council of deputies;
Chervensky district executive committee;
the organizations which were consistently replacing each other if functions of predecessors were fully or partially transferred to their successors.
Ministry of wood industry of BSSR;
Ministry of the wood, pulp-and-paper and woodworking industry of BSSR;
Ministry of forestry and wood industry of BSSR;
personal origin, postponed in one family (family fund), one sort (patrimonial fund).
Rakhlenko Leonid Grigoryevich, actor, director, people's artist of the USSR, people's artist of BSSR.
Rzhetskaya Lidiya Ivanovna, his wife, actress, honored actress of the USSR, honored actress of BSSR.
Creation of OAF assumes placement of materials OAF in one place of storage, reencryption of cases (change of numbers of fund, the inventory), creation of the relevant accounting documents, resystematization of inventories and cases and modification of topographical pointers.
The name OAF, created:
from documents of the homogeneous organizations on purpose, represents the generalized name of the organizations;
from documents of governing body and the organizations subordinated to it, consists of the name of governing body and the generalized name of the organizations subordinated to it;
from documents of the organizations which were consistently replacing each other which functions significantly did not change consists of transfer of all names of the organizations in the chronological sequence;
from documents of personal origin, includes surname, own name and middle name (if that is available), alias, relationship degree (for relatives), title, kind of activity, official position of each of fondoobrazovatel.
32. Combination of documents in archive collections is made on document types and on thematic sign taking into account content and chronological accessory of documents. The archive collection can be replenished with new documents. Formation of collection based on several archive funds connected among themselves by activity of fondoobrazovatel and their territorial accessory is not allowed.
In the name of archive collection the type (types) of documents, subject, the period, if necessary - the originator (physical person, the legal entity) and other signs of grouping which became the basis for creation of collection are, as a rule, fixed.
33. Chronological borders of archive fund are:
for fund of the organization - official dates of creation and liquidation;
for fund of personal origin - birth date and the death of the physical person, family members, sort;
for OAF created on the basis of homogeneous purpose of the organizations - dates of creation of the earliest and liquidation of the latest organization activity on time; on the basis of subordination of the organizations - dates of activities of superior organization; on the basis of succession of functions of the organization - date of activities of each organization; personal origin - date of life of each physical person; for the archive collection created by archive - year of establishment of collection;
for the archive collection created by physical person (persons) - dates of life of the collector(s).
Chronological borders of archive fund can not match with extreme document dates of fund if there are no documents of the initial or final stage of organization activity; if as a part of fund of the organization there are earlier documents. Extreme document dates of fund of personal origin can not match with chronological framework of life of fondoobrazovatel because of possible availability in fund of earlier documents collected by fondoobrazovatel, the documents connected with responses to his death, with posthumous editions of his works, holding memorable and anniversary actions.
34. The basis for adjustment of chronological borders of archive fund can become: change of the constitutional bases of the state, state accessory, administrative-territorial division, pattern of ownership of fondoobrazovatel, its reorganization and liquidation.
35. Documents of earlier existing supreme bodies of the government and the central governing bodies and their legal successors can constitute the joint archive funds.
Documents of the Ministry of national education of BSSR and Ministry of national education of the Republic of Belarus.
Documents of Councils of deputies and executive committees of regional and basic levels constitute the joint archive funds.
Documents of Councils of deputies and executive committees of districts of the city and documents of administrations of districts of the city constitute single archive funds.
Documents of the state organizations continuing to perform the former functions constitute single archive funds.
36. Documents of the state governing bodies, military units, connections and organizations of army, other organizations of the period of Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the period of the Russian Empire before the February revolution of 1917 which did not undergo to radical restructurings until their liquidation constitute single archive funds.
Documents of the bodies of authority and management, military units and connections created by Provisional government, the Soviet Socialist Republic of Lithuania and Belarus, organizations of the Belarusian People's Republic of the occupational governing bodies functioning in the territory of Belarus during civil war and foreign military intervention of 1918-1920 and the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 constitute separate archive funds.
Documents of the state governing bodies, military units and connections of Red Army and Fleet created after November 7 (on October 25), 1917 constitute separate archive funds.
Documents industrial, financial, scientific, educational, public (political, cultural, scientific, religious) the organizations of Grand Duchy of Lithuania, the Russian Empire and the Russian republic (the period of Provisional government) for the entire period of their activities before nationalization, reorganization or confiscation constitute single archive funds.
Documents of the industrial, agricultural, trade, educational, public and other bodies created by the occupational authorities in the period of the Great Patriotic War in the occupied territory of Belarus, and also the guerrilla forming and the underground organizations operating in the occupied territory of Belarus in the period of the Great Patriotic War constitute separate archive funds.
37. In case of introduction of new administrative-territorial division documents of again formed local authorities and self-government constitute new archive funds.
If in case of change of borders of administrative and territorial units smaller units which were their part remain, then documents of their bodies of authority and management constitute single archive funds.
During the renaming or conversion of administrative and territorial unit without change of its internal division documents of bodies of authority and management before renaming or conversion constitute single archive funds.
Documents of bodies of authority and management (including self-government) the cities, the settlement, the village and other settlements for all the time of their existence irrespective of changes of administrative-territorial division constitute single archive funds.
Documents of territorial associations of public organizations and bodies of their management before change of administrative-territorial division are accumulated the same as documents of bodies of authority and management.
Documents of industrial enterprises, utility, banking, economic, cultural, medical organizations, educational institutions, kolkhozes, sovkhozes before change of administrative-territorial division constitute single archive funds.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.