of August 9, 2006 No. 166
About diabetes in the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 16, 2006
This Law regulates procedure for the organization and realization of system of the special economic, social, legal and medical measures guaranteed by the state on prevention of diabetes among citizens in the Kyrgyz Republic and persons with diabetes providing health protection and activity.
In this Law the following concepts are used:
risk group on diabetes - persons having the burdened heredity on diabetes, the excessive body weight, hypertension, the women who gave birth to children weight over kg 4,5;
pancreas insulin-hormone as the main medicine for treatment of diabetes of 1 type;
medico-social protection of persons with diabetes - system of the special economic, social, legal and medical measures guaranteed by the state providing to persons with diabetes health protection and conditions of activity;
the medical and sanitary help - complex of the medical and other measures directed to protection, strengthening and recovery of health of citizens;
diabetes complications - the vascular complications of diabetes leading to otsloyka of retina of eye and complete or partial loss of sight (diabetic retinopathy), the damage of kidneys which is one of basic reasons final stage of chronic renal failure (diabetic nephropathy), to the pathological condition of the lower extremities leading to emergence of trophic ulcers, infection, gangrene, possible amputations and thereof invalidizations (syndrome of diabetic foot);
semi-annual inventory of insulin - the strategic inventory of insulin necessary for ensuring activity of persons with diabetes which absence leads to inevitable death of persons with diabetes;
The program of the state guarantees for providing citizens in the Kyrgyz Republic the medical and sanitary help (further - the Program of the state guarantees) - the guaranteed amounts, types and conditions of provision of the medical and sanitary help to citizens in the Kyrgyz Republic;
prevention primary - the activities directed to prevention of development of diabetes among persons from risk group on diabetes;
prevention secondary - early diagnosis of diabetes for the purpose of avoidance or suspension of development of complications of disease;
the passport of the patient with diabetes - the document certifying availability at person of disease of diabetes;
the register of persons having diabetes - registration and the automated accounting of persons with diabetes for the purpose of creation of databank about them and strategy development of their further observation and treatment;
diabetes - the chronic disease which is characterized by the increased glucose level in blood owing to lack of insulin;
diabetes of 1 type - disease in case of which the pancreas does not produce own insulin, owing to what daily repeated injections of insulin are required;
sugar diabetes 2 types - disease in case of which the pancreas produces insulin in insufficient quantity that results in need of acceptance of the tableted antihyperglycemic medicines or purpose of insulin therapy;
means of self-checking - diagnostic test strips and devices (glucose meters) allowing persons with diabetes independently to determine glucose level in blood, glucose and ketone bodies in urine.
If the international agreements which became effective in accordance with the established procedure establish other rules what provided by this Law, then rules of international treaties are applied.
The basic principles of state policy in the field of prevention, treatment and social protection of persons with diabetes are:
- priority of primary prevention (the early prevention) of diabetes among the population of the Kyrgyz Republic, first of all among persons from risk group on diabetes;
- commitment to healthy lifestyle;
- the state and public control over development, accomplishment and observance of standards in the sphere of prevention, treatment and social servicing of persons with diabetes;
- social justice, equality, availability of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation to persons with diabetes;
- scientific justification of holding medical and sanitary and preventive actions;
- responsibility of public authorities, local government bodies within the delegated state powers, officials for providing the state guarantees in the field of prevention, treatment and social protection of persons with diabetes.
Are guaranteed by the state:
- development, acceptance, implementation and financing of the state programs directed to prevention, treatment and social protection of persons with diabetes;
- ensuring access to all types of the medical and sanitary help to persons with diabetes in the organizations of health care;
- free providing with necessary antihyperglycemic medicines and means of self-checking of persons with diabetes;
- rendering the medical and sanitary help free of charge and on favorable terms within the Program of the state guarantees;
- development and execution of standards of prevention and treatment of persons with diabetes;
- complete satisfaction of need of persons with diabetes in high-quality genetically engineered insulin and means of introduction of insulin to persons with diabetes which shows insulin therapy;
- creation of the state reserve stock of antidiabetic medicines (mainly, insulin) in volume of semi-annual requirement;
- state control of quality of medicines of insulin, diagnostic aids and self-checking;
- the organization of treatment of persons with diabetes in sanatorium organizations;
- free providing persons with diabetes entering into risk group on amputation of the lower extremities, orthopedic footwear and insoles, and persons with the amputated extremities artificial limbs and vehicles;
- development of scientific research in diabetes problems;
- creation of conditions for preparation, retraining and advanced training of the specialists providing special medical care to persons with diabetes;
- creation of conditions for increase in level of knowledge of the population, first of all, among persons from risk group about measures for prevention of diabetes and its complications;
- creation and strengthening of material and technical resources of the specialized organizations of health care for delivery of health care to persons with diabetes.
Local government bodies have the right to make decisions on provision of various social privileges to persons with diabetes.
Providing persons with diabetes with means of self-checking is performed according to the standards approved by authorized state body of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of health care.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.