of November 16, 1999 No. 474-I
About subsistence minimum
This Law establishes the legal basis for determination and use of subsistence minimum in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. Subsistence minimum - necessary minimum cash income on one person, equal in size of cost of the minimum consumer goods basket.
2. The size of subsistence minimum is calculated authorized body in the field of the state statistics and authorized state body concerning social protection of the population proceeding from the cost of the minimum food basket increased by the fixed share of expenses on minimum necessary nonfoods and services.
3. The subsistence minimum is calculated quarterly on the republic and on regions on average:
1) per capita;
2) on gender and age national groups.
1. The minimum consumer goods basket represents the minimum set of the food products, goods and services necessary for ensuring activity of the person, in natural and value term.
2. The minimum consumer goods basket consists from:
1) food basket;
2) the fixed share of expenses on nonfoods and services.
3. The food basket is calculated authorized body in the field of the state statistics on the evidence-based physiological consumption rates of food approved by authorized body in the field of sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing in coordination with authorized body in the field of health care.
4. The fixed share of expenses on nonfoods and services is established by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the ratio to the cost of the minimum consumer goods basket.
The subsistence minimum intends for annual:
1) estimates of level of living and determination of poverty line;
2) determinations of the directions of social policy and implementation of measures for social support of the population;
3) reasons for the established minimum size of the monthly salary, the minimum size of pension and base social pays.
1. Poverty line - the limit of the income necessary for satisfaction of the minimum needs of the person established in the republic depending on economic opportunities.
2. The poverty line is determined on the basis of subsistence minimum. It is calculated quarterly on the republic, and also at the level of regions according to the procedure, established by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. The poverty line serves as criterion for rendering the public assistance to needy citizens.
The size of subsistence minimum determined in general by the Republic of Kazakhstan and established annually taking into account inflation by the law on the republican budget for the corresponding financial year is basis for establishment of the minimum size of the monthly salary, the minimum size of pension and base social pays.
Data on subsistence minimum in general across the Republic of Kazakhstan on average per capita and on the main gender and age national groups, poverty line, cost of food basket and share of the population which is below these criteria are subject to official publication in mass media by authorized body in the field of the state statistics.
This Law becomes effective since January 1, 2000.
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.