It is enacted by the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic of May 5, 2021
Accepted by referendum (national vote) on April 11, 2021
We, people of the Kyrgyz Republic,
proceeding from the right to independently determine own destiny;
for the purpose of ensuring supremacy of law, justice and equality;
approving bases of authentic democracy;
being loyal to traditions of ancestors, following Manas Velikodushny's precepts to live in unity, peace and harmony, in harmony with the nature;
approving the rights and interests of the people of the Kyrgyz Republic;
expressing unshakable will to preserving and strengthening of statehood;
confirming commitment to protection, respect of rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
recognizing the universal principles and values;
aiming at social justice, economic welfare, development of education, science and spirituality;
revering memory of the heroes who gave the life for freedom of our people;
realizing responsibility for the Fatherland to present and future generations, we accept this Constitution.
1. The Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan) - the independent, sovereign, democratic, unitary, constitutional, secular and social state.
2. Sovereignty of the Kyrgyz Republic is not limited and extends to all its territory.
3. The Kyrgyz Republic conducts domestic and foreign policy independently.
4. The people of the Kyrgyz Republic - the carrier of sovereignty and the single source of the government.
5. The people of Kyrgyzstan are constituted by citizens of all ethnoses of the Kyrgyz Republic.
6. On behalf of the people of the Kyrgyz Republic the President and Jogorku Kenesh has the right to act.
1. Independent determination of bases of the constitutional system is the sovereign right of the people of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. In the Kyrgyz Republic democracy is based on the principles of accessory of all completeness of the power to the people, protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, open and real entry to administration of the state and society.
3. Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic perform the power directly on elections and referenda (national vote), and also through system of state bodies and local government bodies on the basis of the Constitution and the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. Elections and referenda are held on the basis of free, general, equal and direct suffrage in case of secret vote. The citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who reached 18 years have to choose rights.
5. The laws and other questions of the state value can be submitted for referendum. The procedure for holding referendum is established by the constitutional law.
6. It is forbidden to influence liberty of choice of voters, using the financial, administrative and other resources forbidden by the law.
1. The territory of the Kyrgyz Republic within its borders is complete and inviolable.
2. For the purpose of the organization of public administration and local self-government the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic is divided into the administrative and territorial units determined by the law.
The government in the Kyrgyz Republic is based on the principles:
- supremacy of the power of the people represented and provided in public elected by the President and Jogorku Kenesh;
- its separations into legislative, executive, judicial branches, their approved functioning and interaction;
- opennesses of state bodies, local government bodies and their officials, implementation of the powers by them for the benefit of the people;
- differentiations of powers and functions of state bodies and local government bodies;
- prohibition to the state and municipal officials to perform the actions (failure to act) creating conditions for corruption;
- constitutional and legal and other responsibility of state bodies, local government bodies and their officials to the people.
1. The state and its bodies serve all society, but not its some part.
2. The actions directed to violent capture and illegal deduction of the government, assignment of powers of state bodies, local government bodies, their officials are not allowed.
Usurpation of the government - especially serious crime.
1. This Constitution has the highest legal force and direct action in the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. The constitutional laws, the laws and other regulatory legal acts are adopted on the basis of the Constitution.
3. The conventional principles and rules of international law, and also the international agreements which became effective according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic are component of system of law of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The procedure and conditions of application of international treaties and the conventional principles and rules of international law are determined by the law.
4. Official publication of the laws and other regulatory legal acts is the compulsory provision of their introduction in force.
5. The law or other regulatory legal act establishing new obligations or aggravating responsibility has no retroactive force.
1. National Kurultai - public representative assembly.
The national Kurultai as consultative, observation meeting makes recommendations about the directions of social development.
2. The organization and procedure for activities of National Kurultai are determined by the Constitution and the constitutional law.
1. In the Kyrgyz Republic political parties, labor unions and other public associations for realization and protection of the rights, freedoms and interests of man and citizen can be created.
2. Political parties promote diverse expression of political declaration of will of various social groups and groups of society.
3. In the Kyrgyz Republic it is forbidden:
1) forming and functioning of the party organizations in the public and local government offices, the organizations; implementation by the government and local government officers of party work, except as specified, when such work is carried out out of office activities;
2) membership of the military personnel, law enforcement officers and judges in political parties, their performance in support of any political party;
3) creation of political parties on religious and ethnic basis, prosecution by religious associations of political goals;
4) creation by associations of citizens of paramilitary forces;
5) functioning of political parties, public and religious associations, their representations and branches which activities are directed to violent change of the constitutional system, undermining national security, kindling of social, racial, ethnic and religious strife.
4. Political parties, labor unions and other public associations provide transparency of the financial and economic activity.
1. In the Kyrgyz Republic no religion can be established as state or obligatory.
2. The religion and all religious cults are separated the state.
3. Intervention of religious associations, priests and attendants of cults in activities of public authorities is forbidden.
1. The right to be informed is guaranteed to mass media against state bodies and local government bodies, their distribution, right to liberty of expression of opinions.
2. Censorship in the Kyrgyz Republic is not allowed. Mass media are free and perform the activities according to the law.
3. Information security in the Kyrgyz Republic is protected by the state.
4. For the purpose of protection of younger generation of action, contradicting moral and moral values, public consciousness of the people of the Kyrgyz Republic, can be limited to the law.
5. The list of the actions which are subject to restriction, and the list limited in access and distribution of information are established by the law.
1. The Kyrgyz Republic has no purposes of expansion, than aggression and military is more whole.
Armed forces of the Kyrgyz Republic are created on the principles of self-defense and defensive sufficiency.
2. The warfare right, except as specified aggressions against the Kyrgyz Republic and other states connected by obligations of collective defense is not recognized. Permission in each case of departure of parts of Armed Forces of the Kyrgyz Republic is accepted to limits of the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic by Jogorku Kenesh the majority at least two thirds of voices of total number of deputies.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.