of March 13, 2021
About the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations
This Law establishes legal and organizational bases of the activities connected with the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations.
For the purposes of this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) emergency situation - the situation which developed in certain territory as a result of accident, other dangerous situation of technogenic nature, catastrophic crash, natural hazard or other disaster which entailed or the human victims, damnification to human health or the environment can entail, significant material damage and violation of conditions of life activity of the population;
2) the prevention of emergency situations - complex beforehand the held events directed to the greatest possible decrease in risk of emergence of emergency situations, and also to rescuing of life and preserving human health, decrease in the amount of losses of material and cultural values in case of their origin;
3) liquidation of emergency situations - the evacuation actions directed to rescuing of life and preserving human health, decrease in the amount of losses of material and cultural values, and also the rescue and other urgent works which are carried out in case of emergency situations, rendering medical and psychological assistance, localization of zones of emergency situations, elimination of dangerous factors, characteristic of emergency situations;
4) zone of emergency situation - the territory in which there was emergency situation;
5) the notification of the population - bringing to the population of signals of the notification and emergency information on the dangers arising in case of threat of origin or emergence of emergency situations;
6) informing the population - bringing to the population of information on measures for civil defense, protection of the population and the territories from emergency situations, including the measures which are carried out on potentially dangerous objects for safety of people and fire safety and also about the arisen or informed emergency situations by means of mass media and other means.
The legislation of Turkmenistan on the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
Operation of this Law extends to the relations arising in the course of activities of physical persons and legal entities for the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations, and also for protection of the population and the territories in case of their origin.
The purposes of this Law are:
1) prevention of origin and development of emergency situations;
2) decrease in the extent of damage and losses from emergency situations;
3) liquidation of emergency situations;
4) determination of powers of public authorities, local government bodies, companies, organizations and organizations in the field of the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations.
The prevention and liquidation of emergency situations are performed on the basis of the principles:
2) priority of life and health of the person;
4) accuracy of the information;
5) carrying out timely preventive measures for protection against emergency situations.
1. The single state system according to the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations combines forces and means of public authorities, local government bodies, companies, organizations and organizations into which power the solution of questions according to the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations is included.
2. The structure and procedure for activities of single state system for the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations are determined by the Provision approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
1. Rescue groups are created according to the legislation of Turkmenistan for the prevention of emergency situations, carrying out activities for liquidation of harmful effects of emergency situations in everyday domestic life of the population, on production and the resulted road accidents, the fires, accidents on potentially dangerous objects.
2. The procedure for carrying out search and rescue works in case of the arisen emergency situations and the happened accidents is determined by authorized body in the field of rescue operations.
3. Insurance of the rescuers passing military service in the rescue groups created for the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations is performed according to the Law of Turkmenistan "About the status of the military personnel".
Forecasting of emergency situations is performed by the relevant state bodies entering single state system according to the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations.
The procedure for delimitation of zones of emergency situations and procedure for the notification of the population are determined by the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
For the purpose of the greatest possible decrease in risk of emergence of emergency situations the following protective measures are performed:
1) strengthening of seismic stability of buildings and constructions;
2) ensuring stability of hydrotechnical systems and constructions;
3) enhancement of communication systems, power supply, transport and other communications for ensuring reliability and safety of their operation;
4) carrying out timely works on prevention of natural hazards, fires, epidemics, epizooty, epiphytoties and adverse effect of wreckers of plants;
5) other actions, stipulated by the legislation Turkmenistan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.