of February 9, 2021 No. ZR-18
About apostilization of official documents of the Republic of Armenia
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on January 19, 2021
1. This Law governs the relations connected with process apostilization of the official documents constituted and issued in the Republic of Armenia, provided by the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961 "About the announcement of the requirement about legalization of foreign official documents invalid" (further - the Convention).
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) apostille - the paper or electronic certificate, stipulated in Article 3 Conventions which certifies authenticity of official capacity of person signing the official document, its signatures, seal or the stamp delivered on the document;
2) the official document - the documents constituted or issued on paper or in electronic format by courts, administrative and other authorities of the Republic of Armenia, officials of these bodies, and also notaries when implementing their official functions.
1. In the Republic of Armenia official documents which will be submitted in the territory of the states which joined the Convention are apostilled.
2. The documents constituted and issued by competent authorities of foreign state are not subject to apostilization in the Republic of Armenia.
3. The official documents constituted and issued in the Republic of Armenia are apostilled in the Republic of Armenia by the ministry developing and performing policy of the Government in the sphere of justice, except for certificates of lack of criminal prosecution, search and criminal record in the Republic of Armenia for representation in foreign states which are apostilled by the ministry developing and performing policy of the Government in the sphere of foreign affairs.
4. The official documents submitted to bodies of diplomatic service of the Republic of Armenia in foreign state are apostilled by the ministry developing and performing policy of the Government in the sphere of foreign affairs.
5. Procedure for filing of application for apostilization of official documents, sample, types, apostille details, terms and procedure for application of single system of electronic control "electronic apostille", storages, destructions of data, procedure for maintaining, use and technical supply of single system of electronic control "the electronic apostille", and also the list of the apostilled official documents are established by the joint order of the ministers developing and performing policy of the Government in spheres of justice and foreign affairs.
6. For apostilization of the official document the state fee in the amount of and procedure, established by the Law "About the State Fee" is collected.
7. For apostilization of the official document the identity document of the applicant, the official document which is subject to apostilization, payment confirmation of the state fee provided by part 6 of this Article are enclosed to the application.
8. In case of filing of application for the purpose of apostilization by the third parties of the official document belonging to other person, the power of attorney is not required.
9. The official document is apostilled within one working day after filing of application.
10. The term specified in part 9 of this Article can be prolonged if in the single database of single system of electronic control "Electronic apostille" there are no data on continuance in office, official capacity, the signature, seal or stamp of the official signing the official document submitted to apostilization.
11. In the cases specified in parts 10 of this Article, the ministry developing and performing policy of the Government in the sphere of justice makes request in the body which issued the official document for the purpose of receipt of data on the constituting and claiming his face, specimen signatures, seal or stamp after which receipt within one working day apostilles the submitted document.
12. The bodies specified in part 11 of this Article provide required information within five working days after the receipt of request of the ministry processing and performing policy of the Government in the sphere of justice.
13. The applicant is informed on prolongation of term of apostilization of the official document within one working day after filing of application by the electronic or post letter or other means of communication provided to them.
14. Are not subject to apostilization:
1) the documents issued by diplomatic or consular agents;
2) the administrative documents which are directly connected with business or customs activity.
1. Documents of competent authorities of the state members of the Convention issued according to the procedure, established by the legislation of this state, and within their powers. Which are apostilled, in the territory of the Republic of Armenia are considered valid without consular assurance or other additional legalization.
2. Apostilization of the documents provided by part of 1 this Article is obligatory if other is not provided by the law of the Republic of Armenia, or other international documents of the Republic of Armenia cancelled, simplified the procedure of legalization, or the document was exempted from legalization.
1. The statement for apostilization of the official document is rejected if:
The document prepared 1) or claimed or sealed the face which does not have such power or body;
2) the document does not correspond to the format established for this document;
3) the document is not subject to apostilization;
4) the application for apostilization of the document is submitted with violation of the procedure established by this Law and other legal acts regulating process of apostilization of the document;
5) persons this about official capacity, signing the document, its signature, seal or stamp certifying the document are not picky;
6) the document is damaged, integrity of the document is not kept, on the document there are inadmissible texts;
7) the documents established by the legislation for apostilization of the document, payment confirmation of the state fee provided by part 6 of article 3 of this Law are not submitted;
8) the document will be submitted to the country which is not the member of the Convention;
9) document obviously false.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.