of December 16, 2020 No. 906
About approval of the Minimum requirements on health protection and labor safety when using by workers of individual protection equipment on workplace
Based on article 6 of the Law on health protection and labor safety No. 186/2008 of year (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2008, Art. No. 143-144, 587), with subsequent changes, DECIDES: the Government
This resolution transposes the Directive 89/656/EEC of Council of November 30, 1989 about the Minimum requirements on health protection and labor safety when using by workers of individual protection equipment on workplace [the third Special directive to article 16 the part (1) Directives 89/391/EEC] published in the Official magazine of the European community, No. 393/18 series L of December 30, 1989 as it was changed by the Directive (EU) 2019/1832 Commissions of October 24, 2019 last time, is published on November 20, 2019.
Minister of Health, work and social protection
Minister of Economy and Infrastructure
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of December 16, 2020 No. 906
1. These Minimum requirements establish regulations of health protection and labor safety when using by workers of the individual protection equipment on workplace representing any means intended for carrying or continence by the worker for the purpose of its protection against one or several risks which can endanger his health and work place safety, and also any additional tool or the accessory designed for this purpose.
2. Are excluded from the determination provided in Item 1:
1) the working clothes and regular uniform which is not designed especially for health protection and labor safety of the worker;
2) the means used by services of ambulance and rescuing;
3) individual protection equipment, wearable or used by army, police or other agents of public order;
4) individual protection equipment for road transportation;
5) sports means;
6) means for self-defense or suppression;
7) figurative devices for detection and alarm systems about harmful factors and risks.
3. Individual protection equipment is used when risks cannot be rather prevented or limited to technical means of collective protection or actions, methods or procedures for labor organization.
4. Individual protection equipment in case of revenues to the market shall meet the requirements of the Technical regulation about individual protection equipment approved by the Order of the Government No. 1289/2016.
5. The employer shall issue to workers of individual protection equipment free of charge. They shall:
1) to correspond to the existing risks, in itself not to create the increased risk;
2) to correspond to the conditions existing on workplace;
3) to consider ergonomic requirements and the state of health of the worker;
4) in perfection to suit personnel which carry them, after necessary adjustment.
6. If availability of set of risks forces at the same time to carry several individual protection equipment, these means shall be compatible and continue to be effective against the corresponding risk or risks.
7. Conditions of use of individual protection equipment, in particular term socks, are determined based on weight of risk, frequency of risk exposure, characteristics of working post of each worker and technical qualities of individual protection equipment.
8. Individual protection equipment is intended for individual use. However if circumstances force to carry individual protection equipment to large number of personnel, then measures are taken in order that use did not create to different users of problems for health and hygiene.
9. Within the company necessary information on each individual protection equipment according to Items 4-6 is delivered and provided.
10. The employer informs the worker on risks from which he is protected by carrying individual protection equipment.
11. The employer trains the worker and, as necessary, will organize actions and practically shows how to carry and use individual protection equipment. Individual protection equipment can be used only in the specified cases, except for special and exceptional circumstances. They shall be used according to the instructions developed by the employer and/or the producer. These instructions shall be clear to workers.
12. Before the choice of individual protection equipment the employer should estimate if individual protection equipment which he intends to use meet the requirements of Items 4-6.
13. Assessment specified in Item 12, assumes:
1) the analysis and risks assessment which cannot be excluded by other means;
2) determination of characteristics which shall have individual protection equipment to be effective against the risks provided in the subitem 1) taking into account any risks which can represent these means in itself;
3) comparison of characteristics of the available individual protection equipment with the characteristics provided in the subitem 2).
14. Assessment provided in Item 12, is reviewed depending on the changes made to any element.
15. In case of development of instructions for use of individual protection equipment the employer shall consider:
1) circumstances or situations of risk, without prejudice to priority which shall be provided to means of collective protection;
2) the means type specific of the sphere of activity provided in appendices 1-3, which have the directing nature and contain useful information;
3) procedure for use of individual protection equipment;
4) storage conditions, cleanings and disinfection of individual protection equipment;
5) period of use of means;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.