of November 24, 2020 No. 673
About units of the sizes allowed to application in the Republic of Belarus
Based on the paragraph of the fourth of article 2 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of November 11, 2019 "About change of the Law of the Republic of Belarus "About ensuring unity of measurements" the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES: No. 254-Z
1. Approve Regulations on the admission of units of sizes to application in the Republic of Belarus it (is applied).
2. Declare invalid the resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of May 16, 2007 No. 611 "About approval of the technical regulation of the Republic of Belarus "Units of measurements allowed to application in the territory of the Republic of Belarus".
Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus
Approved by the Resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of November 24, 2020 No. 673
1. This Provision establishes units of sizes allowed to application in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, their name, designation, ratio, the rule of writing and application, and also multiple and submultiple values of these units of sizes.
2. For the purposes of this provision terms in the values determined by the Law of the Republic of Belarus of September 5, 1995 No. 3848-XII "About ensuring unity of measurements" and also the following terms and their determinations are used:
size - property of object, phenomenon, material, substance or process which can be distinguishable qualitatively and determined quantitatively;
the main unit of size - unit of the main size, the International System of Units (SI), conditionally accepted as independent of other sizes;
relative size - the dimensionless relation of physical quantity to the physical quantity of the same name accepted for initial;
system of sizes - set of sizes between which there are certain interrelations;
system of units of sizes - the set of the main and derivative units formed according to the rules established for this system of sizes.
the main units of sizes of the International System of Units (SI) according to appendix 1;
derivative units of the sizes having special names and designations according to appendix 2;
derivative units of the sizes formed according to Items 5-7 of this provision;
units of the sizes applied on an equal basis with units of sizes of the International System of Units (SI) according to appendix 3;
units of the sizes applied in certain areas according to appendix 4;
relative and logarithmic units of sizes according to appendix 5;
units of quantity and the transfer speed of information according to appendix 6;
conventional units of the sizes estimated on conditional scales (to scales of the hardness of Brinell, Vikkers, Rockwell and Super - Rockwell, scale of activity of hydrogen ions (pH) and others for which in the Republic of Belarus conditions of ensuring unity of measurements are created);
units of sizes which application is caused by accomplishment of the international obligations according to international treaties of the Republic of Belarus, and also the international legal acts constituting the right of the Eurasian Economic Union.
4. When implementing foreign trade activity of the characteristic and parameters of the exported goods can be expressed in terms of the sizes established by the agreement in foreign trade.
5. Derivative units of sizes are formed of the main units of sizes of the International System of Units (SI) by rules of formation of coherent derivative units of sizes based on the laws establishing connection between physical quantities or mathematical formulas.
The derivative units of sizes having special names and designations can be used for formation of other derivative units of sizes.
6. Coherent derivative units of sizes are formed by means of the simplest equations of communication between sizes (works of the main units built in degree) in which numerical coefficients are equal to 1. For formation of coherent derivative units of designation of sizes in the equations of communication are replaced with designations of units of sizes.
If the communication equation between sizes contains numerical coefficient, excellent from 1, for formation of coherent derivative unit of size in the right member of equation values of sizes in the main units of the sizes giving after multiplication by coefficient the general numerical meaning equal 1 are added.
7. Multiple unit is size unit, in integer of times big this unit. Submultiple unit is size unit, in integer of times smaller this unit.
Names and designations of multiple and submultiple units of sizes are formed by means of multipliers and prefixes according to appendix 7.
Multipliers and prefixes are used for formation of names and designations of multiple units of quantity of information in binary numeral system according to appendix 8.
1 kibibit: 1 Kibit = 2-10 bits = 1024 bits;
1 kilobit: 1 kb = 10-3 bits = 1000 bits;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.