of November 25, 2020 No. PP-4899
About complex measures for development of biotechnologies and enhancement of system of ensuring biological safety of the country
For the purpose of determination of the priority directions of development of biotechnologies and enhancement of system of ensuring biological safety of the country, ensuring integration of science, education and production in these spheres, developments of economy and the social sphere on the basis of the advanced biotechnologies, and also consecutive realization of the tasks determined in the State program by strategy implementation of actions in five priority directions of development of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2017 - 2021 in "Year of development of science, education and digital economy":
The program of complex measures for development of biotechnologies and enhancement of system of ensuring biological safety of the country in 2020 - 2024 according to appendix No. 1;
The program of realization of the priority research works which are carried out in the field of biotechnologies in 2020 - 2024 according to appendix No. 2.
2. To the ministry of innovative development (I. Yu. Abdurakhmonov) together with Academy of Sciences (B. S. Yuldashev), the Ministry of the higher and secondary vocational education (I. U. Madzhidov), the Ministry of Health (A. M. Hadzhibayev) and other interested ministries and departments in two-month time to develop and bring in the Cabinet of Ministers Target indicators of development of research and innovative works in the field of biotechnologies in 2021 - 2024 for approval by Republican council on science and technologies.
3. Form Council for biological safety under the Cabinet of Ministers (further - Council) and to determine it the main objectives:
the organization of realization of single state policy in the field of ensuring biological safety of the country;
preparation, expert evaluation and consideration of the recommendations and offers directed to protection of the population and environmental protection against impact of dangerous biological factors, the prevention of biological risks, creation and development of monitoring system of biological danger;
development of the effective measures on practical implementation of actions aimed at providing biological safety of the country;
ensuring interaction of the ministries, departments, public authorities on places, research and educational institutions, institutes of civil society on accomplishment of target tasks of ensuring biological safety of the country;
ensuring realization of provisions of the Convention on prohibition of development, production and stock accumulation of bacteriological (biological) and toksinny weapon and about their destruction;
carrying out discussions of the topical issues and problems which are arising during taking measures, having important state value and to ensuring biological safety of the country, including among the public.
4. Determine that:
Council is consultative body under the Cabinet of Ministers and is created for the purpose of ensuring interaction of state bodies, scientific, non-state non-profit and other organizations by consideration of the questions connected with realization of state policy in the field of biological safety of the country;
Council conducts the activities in the form of meetings. Meetings of Council are held as required, but once in half a year suffices.
structure of Council for biological safety under the Cabinet of Ministers according to appendix No. 3;
Regulations on Council for biological safety under the Cabinet of Ministers according to appendix No. 4.
6. Support the activities of the Tashkent research institution of vaccines and serums (further - Institute) aimed at the development of pharmaceutical biotechnologies and vaccinal and serumal case in the republic, creation of domestic immunobiological medicines, to determine it the main objectives in this direction:
carrying out basic, applied and innovative researches on immunobiological medicines (to vaccines, serums, test diagnostikumam and to others) and their implementation in practice;
scientific and technical and methodical providing the measures directed to enhancement of system of biological safety of the country;
creation preventive, diagnostic, medicines and drugs against infectious diseases on vaccinal serumal case and enhancement of technologies of their production;
participation in implementation of scientific projects in the field of biotechnologies, immunology and microbiology within state programs of scientific activities.
The program for enhancement of activities of the Tashkent research institution of vaccines and serums according to appendix No. 5;
structure of the Tashkent research institution of vaccines and serums according to appendix No. 6.
8. For the purpose of the effective organization of activities of Institute:
a) To the Ministry of Health (A. M. Hadzhibayev):
in two-month time to develop and introduce in the Cabinet of Ministers the program of research works and target indicators of Institute till 2025 for approval by Republican council on science and technologies;
together with the Ministry of innovative development (Sh. U. Turdikulov) and Academy of Sciences (B. S. Yuldashev) till April 1, 2021 to take measures for completion of Institute by highly skilled scientists and specialists;
inform the Cabinet of Ministers on efficiency of the organization of activities of Institute on July 1, 2021 and on January 1, 2022;
b) To agency on development of pharmaceutical industry (further - the Agency) (S.Kh. Kariyev) to take measures for equipment of Institute the modern laboratory equipment and stock, office equipment, computers and other material means;
c) To agency on management of the state assets (S.Kh. Bekenov), khokimiyat of the city of Tashkent (Zh. A. Artikhodzhayev), to the Agency (S.Kh. Kariyev), Academies of Sciences (B. S. Yuldashev) and to the Ministry of innovative development (Sh. U. Turdikulov) in two-month time to make offers on providing Institute with buildings and constructions in the Cabinet of Ministers;
d) To the Cabinet of Ministers (B. A. Musayev, O. M. Umarov) to coordinate the effective organization of activities of Institute.
9. Determine that:
since January 1, 2021 financing of expenses on compensation of workers, content of buildings and constructions, and also covering of current expenses of Institute is made at the expense of means of the Government budget;
the payment terms of work and material stimulation established for the corresponding positions of research establishments of Academy of Sciences extend to employees of Institute;
The agency, proceeding from the business necessity having the right to complete experienced and production divisions (established posts) of Institute by fund of support and development of pharmaceutical industry, and also other sources which are not prohibited by the legislation or by use of mechanisms of outsourcing and public-private partnership.
10. Approve the offers of the Agency, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of investments and foreign trade providing in the territory of innovative research and production pharmaceutical cluster of "Tashkent Pharma Park":
project implementation "Commissioning of the platform for production of vaccines" (further - the project);
creation under Institute of the experienced test laboratory conforming to international standards of level of safety BSL-3 (further - BSL-3 laboratory).
The agency is the executive body responsible for effective project implementation and creation of BSL-3 laboratory;
The ministry of investments and foreign trade performs general coordination of project implementation and creation of BSL-3 laboratory.
(Sh. A. Vafayev) in two-month time to provide to the agency (S.Kh. Kariyev) together with the Ministry of investments and foreign trade development of the concept and feasibility statement on project implementation and creation of BSL-3 laboratory with involvement of leaders of design institutes, engineering companies and determination of sources of their financing.
11. Determine financing sources of activities of Institute:
the funds allocated from the Government budget;
the funds allocated by results of the competitions held by the Ministry of innovative development within state programs of scientific activities;
the means received from execution of economic agreements in the directions corresponding to activities of Institute;
charitable gifts of legal entities and physical persons;
grants of the international financial institutions and foreign organizations;
other sources which are not prohibited by the legislation.
12. Approve offers of the Ministry of innovative development and Academy of Sciences on creation:
together with University of Copenhagen (Denmark) of modern fudomiks-laboratory, scientific laboratory of cellular technologies and the National laboratory of "Big Data" on information analysis of large volume generated in spheres of biotechnology, biology, biomedicine and chemistry - in the Center of advanced technologies under the Ministry of innovative development (further - the Center of advanced technologies);
scientific laboratory of phytovirology - at Institute of microbiology of Academy of Sciences.
Determine support fund by financing sources of creation of data of biotechnology laboratories innovative development and the innovative ideas, the funds allocated for state programs of scientific activities, the credits and grants of the international financial institutions, organizations and donor countries, and also other sources which are not prohibited by the legislation.
(I. Yu. Abdurakhmonov) until the end of 2021 to provide to the ministry of innovative development commissioning of data of biotechnology laboratories.
13. (I. Yu. Abdurakhmonov) to allocate to the ministry of innovative development in 2021-2022 Fonda of support of innovative development and the innovative ideas of means at the rate to 20 billion sum at the expense of the means allocated for state programs of scientific activities for financing:
realization startup projects in the field of biotechnologies;
creations and developments of trial biotechnology productions with joint financing condition to 50 percent;
acquisitions of the scientific and laboratory equipment for the purpose of development of biotechnologies;
implementations to the sphere of modern technologies, innovative ideas and developments;
the directions of young specialists abroad on scientific training, and also involvement of foreign specialists and consultants.
14. Establish since December 1, 2020 procedure according to which:
a) at the expense of means of the State fund of support of business activity it is provided:
the guarantee at the rate to 50 percent inclusive of the amount of the loans of the commercial banks attracted on implementation of investment projects in the field of biotechnologies, but not exceeding 2,5 of one billion sum is provided;
compensation for a period of up to three years for covering of the part of the interest rate which is exceeding the main rate, but not exceeding 30 percent of the main rate, the credits and leasing allocated by commercial banks in national currency for implementation of investment projects in the field of biotechnologies which total cost does not exceed 5 billion sum interest rate is provided - does not exceed 1, the 5-fold size of the main rate of the Central bank;
b) target grants at the rate to 10 billion sum on carrying out scientific research at the expense of the funds allocated from the Government budget for state programs of scientific activities are provided to the foreign scientific organizations which brought direct investments in the Republic of Uzbekistan in the amount of at least 3 million US dollars for carrying out scientific research and implementation of innovative activities in the field of biotechnologies.
At the same time:
target grants on state programs of scientific activities are provided after complete development of the made investment investments;
the right to intellectual property items acquired by subjects of scientific activities at the expense of means of the Government budget belongs to the state on behalf of the public scientific, highest educational and other public institutions if other is not provided by the agreements signed with authors of intellectual property items.
15. Implement practice according to which:
The center of advanced technologies annually till December 1 introduces in Council for tariff and non-tariff regulation reasonable offers on decrease in the customs duties collected when importing by the subjects performing economic activity which are not made in the Republic of Uzbekistan of raw materials, reactants, component parts, details, nodes, technology documents, the software for production of biotechnology products;
Council on tariff and non-tariff regulation (S. U. Umurzakov) on the basis of the provided offers considers questions of decrease in customs duties and passes the relevant decision in accordance with the established procedure.
16. Take into consideration that the Republic of Uzbekistan joined the Cartagena protocol on biosafety to the Convention on biological diversity (Montreal, on January 29, 2000).
For the purpose of realization of provisions of the Cartagena protocol to the Ministry of innovative development (Sh. U. Turdikulov) together with the interested ministries and departments in two-month time to introduce to the Cabinet of Ministers the draft of the government decision on step-by-step implementation of marking of the agricultural and food products containing genetically modified organisms, pesticides, nutritional supplements and dyes providing including:
carrying out accreditation of laboratories of Service of sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing and the public health functioning in regions;
creation in the scientific organizations in system of the Ministry of Agriculture, the State committee of veterinary science and development of livestock production and SUE The Center for Rendering Services in Agro-industrial Complex under Inspectorate for control of agro-industrial complex of laboratories for identification (proceeding from real requirements) genetically modified organisms as a part of raw materials, forages, landing material for food products and crop production at the expense of own means.
17. To the Ministry of Agriculture (Zh. A. Hodzhayev) together with the interested ministries and departments in two-month time:
review and approve the list permitted according to the International convention on quarantine and protection of plants and other relevant international standards of pesticides and poisonous chemicals, and also regulations of use of mineral fertilizers;
develop and bring in the Cabinet of Ministers package of measures for increase in amount of consumption of biotechnology products, phased transition from use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, other poisonous chemicals to biological products in agricultural industry.
Determine that since March 1, 2021 the subjects performing economic activity, making or importing pesticides, herbicides and other poisonous chemicals on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan provide introduction in accordance with the established procedure of standard samples of these substances in the List of chemical and biological means of pest control, diseases of plants and weeds, defoliants and regulators of growth of the plants permitted for application in agricultural industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan and also their realization together with these standard samples.
18. (A. N. Aripov) to provide to council development and entering into the Cabinet of Ministers of the draft of the government decision providing in a month:
creation of independent monitoring system of biological dangers;
creation of the information and analytical and forecast modeling complex automated within national system of ensuring biological safety;
development of single criteria and methodical base of determination and categorization of level of biological risk of objects, territories and natural phenomena.
19. To the Ministry of Health (A. M. Hadzhibayev) together with the responsible ministries and departments till March 1, 2021 to complete project development of the law "About Biological Safety of the Republic of Uzbekistan" taking into account provisions of this resolution, having provided in it the following legal mechanisms:
safety of genetically engineered activities, including creation and functioning of national system of assessment of danger of genetically modified organisms;
operational financing of the target developments directed to the problem resolution, connected with the arisen biological risks.
20. To council (A. N. Aripov) together with the secretary of the Security Council in case of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan V. V. Makhmudov in week time to approve and organize execution of the plan of measures for ensuring effective realization of the tasks and actions determined by this resolution for 2021, in the long term - annually till December 1 to provide development and implementation of similar plans of measures the next year.
21. To the agency of information and mass communications (A. A. Hodzhayev) together with National news agency of Uzbekistan (A. K. Kuchimov) and National broadcasting company of Uzbekistan (A. D. Hadzhayev) to organize performances and thematic telecasts about essence and value of this resolution in mass media.
22. To the ministry of innovative development (I. Yu. Abdurakhmonov) and to the Ministry of Health (B. K. Yusupaliyev) together with the interested ministries and departments in two-month time to make in the Cabinet of Ministers offers on the changes and amendments in the legislation following from this resolution.
23. Assign to the minister of innovative development I. Yu. Abdurakhmonov and the Minister of Health A. M. Hadzhibayev the personal responsibility for the effective organization of execution of this resolution.
To impose quarterly discussion of execution of this resolution, coordination and control of activities of responsible departments on the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan A. N. Aripov and the adviser to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan A. A. Abduvakhitov.
Inform the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on effectiveness of the performed measures following the results of every quarter.
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Appendix № 1
to the Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan of November 25, 2020 No. PP-4899
Executives in charge
I. Enhancement of the legislation in the field of development of biotechnologies and ensuring biological safety of the country
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.