of October 29, 2020 No. UP-6097
About approval of the concept of development of science till 2030
For the purpose of the accelerated development of industries of economy and the social sphere, wide use of scientific and innovative potential with complete mobilization of scientific and intellectual and financial resources, determinations of the priority directions of continuous reforming of science on perspective, training of independently conceiving highly qualified personnel having modern knowledge, raisings of works on upgrade of scientific infrastructure on qualitatively new level and also according to the State program on strategy implementation of actions in five priority directions of development of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2017 - 2021 in "Year of development of science, education and digital economy":
2. Determine that the Concept, its target measures and indicators provide including the following:
a) in the direction of enhancement of management system by the sphere of science:
implementation of the system of national rating directed to efficiency evaluation of scientific and innovative activities of the scientific organizations;
improvement of social partnership between the state and the scientific organizations by means of development of system of self-government in science, and also projects implementation in its framework;
b) in the direction of enhancement of system of science funding and scientific activities, and also diversification of sources of financing:
increase by 2025 by 6 times, by 2030 - by 10 times of share of all funds allocated for science in relation to gross domestic product;
finishing by 2025 from today's 8 percent to 20 percent, by 2030 - to 30 percent of share of the funds allocated by private sector for research and development works in total amount of science funding;
creation in 2021 of two venture funds, in 2025 - ten together with the leading foreign investment companies for the purpose of financing of innovative developments and startup projects;
c) in the direction of preparation of highly qualified scientific and engineering personnel and their orientation to scientific activities:
finishing by 2025 up to 45 years, by 2030 - up to 39 years of average age of job seekers of the scientific organizations;
increase by 2025 twice, by 2030 - by 3 times of share of highly-skilled research associates (candidates of science, doctors of philosophy and sciences) in the total number of job seekers aged up to 39 years;
d) in the direction of creation of modern infrastructure of development of science:
increase by 2025 in time 3,5, by 2030 - by 9 times of share of expenses of the organizations on the technological innovations realized by own efforts in total amount of expenses on technological innovations in the field of research and development;
finishing by 2021 the number of residents of innovative technopark Yashnabad to 60, expansion on this basis of assortment and increase in amount of innovative products with creation more than 720 new workplaces;
creation of 7 modern laboratory complexes and equipment by their equipment conforming to the international standards of GLP and GMP;
e) in the direction of forming of the modern information circle promoting development of science:
creation of the national scientific portal;
implementation of ratings of scientists, organizations and sources of scientific and technical information.
3. Determine that:
the young specialists having skills of management of system of science and economic knowledge are appointed to positions of heads of the scientific organizations in priority procedure;
since January 1, 2021 the training system and advanced trainings of heads of the scientific organizations takes root into Academies of public administration in case of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on permanent basis;
since January 1, 2021 in each scientific organization within the extreme total number of managerial personnel the position of the consultant for science and scientific activities to which the famous scientists and authoritative scientists are appointed is entered, and this consultant also manages Scientific council of the organization;
scientific communities in each direction of science for the purpose of forming and ensuring effective activities of this directions, and also increase in responsibility of schools of sciences, scientists and leading scientists in this sphere are created;
in 2021 audit of scientific and innovative activities of all state scientific organizations with involvement of the international independent expert companies by fund of support of innovative development and the innovative ideas is booked;
heads (first deputies) of all state bodies and economic associations of republican level at the same time are responsible for development of science and innovative activities, perform coordination of work of the subordinated organizations in this direction.
4. Implement since January 1, 2021 the Academic Mobility program for the purpose of support and broad attraction to science of the gifted youth which is engaged in scientific activities in regions and also creation and increase in scientific capacity of authoritative schools of sciences.
Determine that within the Academic Mobility program:
grants are allocated for stimulation of scientific ideas of the gifted youth which is engaged in scientific activities, the organization of its short-term training at foreign universities and scientific centers by fund of support of gifted youth of Academy of youth;
this category of youth is granted the right of free use of the modern scientific equipment of the scientific organizations, the highest educational institutions, and also scientific divisions under the ministries, departments and the organizations.
To the ministry of innovative development together with the interested ministries and departments till December 1, 2020 to introduce in accordance with the established procedure to the Cabinet of Ministers the draft of the Government decision on program implementation "The academic mobility".
"Road map" on realization in 2020 - 2022 of the Concept of development of science till 2030 (further - "Road map") according to appendix No. 2;
Target parameters of expansion of the amount of financing and diversification of sources of financing of the sphere of science and research works in 2021 - 2023 (further - Target parameters) according to appendix No. 3;
The plan of complex measures for achievement of target parameters of expansion of the amount of financing and diversification of sources of financing of the sphere of science and research works in 2021 - 2023 (further - the Plan died) according to appendix No. 4.
6. Implement since January 1, 2021 Single electronic system of coordination of training with academic degree.
Determine what by means of Single electronic system of coordination of training with academic degree is provided complete:
forming of databank about trainees-researchers, job seekers, research supervisors and consultants, and also fixings of performance of works according to the individual plan of trainees-researchers and job seekers;
carrying out monitoring of efficiency of institutes on training with academic degree, forming of the corresponding reports and analytical information;
forming of requests on acceptance quotas for training for the trainee-researcher, in basic doctoral studies and doctoral studies;
carrying out registration of job seekers for training at institutes in training with academic degree.
To the ministry of innovative development to finance the expenses connected with smooth operation, maintenance and support, and also further enhancement of functionality of this electronic system.
7. Establish procedure according to which:
the documents on award of academic degree of the doctor of philosophy (PhD) or the doctor of science (DSc) issued by the highest educational organizations of the foreign states in which the one-stage system of postgraduate education is implemented and occupied one of the first 300 line items in the list of the international ratings which is annually approved by the joint decision of the Ministry of the higher and secondary vocational education and the State inspectorate for supervision of quality of education are recognized the Republic of Uzbekistan directly as the doctor of science (DSc) and nostrifications (equivalence establishment) are subject;
documents on award of academic status professor, the associate professor, the senior research associate and other academic statuses equated to them issued by the highest educational organizations which occupied one of the first 300 line items in the list of the international ratings are recognized the Republic of Uzbekistan directly without conducting additional examination and other testing on the basis of recommendations of councils of the highest educational institutions and the scientific organizations.
8. To the Cabinet of Ministers in two weeks to introduce to Administration of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan drafts of resolutions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan "About enhancement of system of public administration on development of scientific and innovative activities" and "About the measures directed to further enhancement of state policy in the field of science and public administration in the field of innovative development", providing:
implementation of new procedure for forming of state programs on scientific activities;
effective use of fund of support of innovative development and innovative ideas, Presidential fund of commercialization of results of scientific and scientific and technical activities, and also Fund of support of gifted youth of Academy of youth;
review of the operating tasks and functions of the Ministry of innovative development and further increase in efficiency of its activities.
9. Take into consideration that the World Bank approves the "Upgrade of National Innovative System of Uzbekistan" project (further - the Project) on allocation of preferential borrowing facilities in the amount of 50 million US dollars for the purpose of development in the republic of innovative system and assistance to improvement of indicators in the field of innovative activities on the basis of commercialization of scientific developments.
To the ministry of innovative development and the Ministry of investments and foreign trade till January 1, 2021:
take measures by training of the International advisory council (International Expert Board) for assessment and conducting examination of initiatives (projects) within the Project;
take measures for creation of project implementation team for the purpose of rendering assistance in implementation of initiatives (projects), and also conducting financial control and reporting system within the Project on the basis of requirements of the World Bank;
make the offer on attraction of additional preferential borrowing facilities of the World Bank in the amount of 50 million US dollars on project implementation "Increase in scientific capacity of Uzbekistan" in 2021.
10. To the Ministry of Finance, Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokimiyats of areas and the city of Tashkent, the responsible ministries, departments and other organizations to allocate funds within parameters of the Government budget and the corresponding local budgets, and also from off-budget funds for the corresponding expenses on achievement of Target parameters.
11. Include since January 1, 2021 in the rating indicators of assessment of level of social and economic development of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, areas and the city of Tashkent approved by the resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan of May 1, 2020 No. PP-4702, indicators of number of the fundamental, applied and innovative projects financed at the expense of means of local budgets of the respective regions, number of the scientific job seekers and scientists falling on one million population, quantities and amount of the commercialized scientific developments.
12. To the ministry of innovative development till December 1, 2020 to adopt the program for the organization of works on increase several times in amount of commercialization of the important scientific developments created on the basis of the careful and comprehensive analysis of effectiveness of the scientific projects completed in 2019 within state programs on scientific activities.
13. - to the state bodies and economic associations having the subordinated scientific organizations to provide to executives in charge:
in a month - development and approval of the plan of measures for realization of the tasks and actions determined by "Road map" in 2020-2021 at the end of every year - the forthcoming year in coordination with the Ministry of innovative development;
quarterly to the 5th following for reporting - submission to the Ministry of innovative development of information on accomplishment of the Plan of measures and "Road map".
To provide to the ministry of innovative development together with the interested ministries and departments to the 10th following for reporting, preparation and entering into the Cabinet of Ministers of the summarized information on the course of implementation of this Decree and offers on elimination of the revealed shortcomings.
14. Confer the personal responsibility on:
Republican council on science and technologies (A. N. Aripov) - for ensuring timely, complete and high-quality implementation of this Decree, the effective organization and coordination of activities of the ministries, departments and the organizations, actionees of the Concept and "road map", and also achievement of target indicators, hearing at meetings of council at least two times in year of reports of the corresponding heads on the work with taking measures to elimination of the revealed shortcomings which is carried out by them;
the minister of innovative development (I. Yu. Abdurakhmonov) - for ensuring achievement of target indicators of the Concept, increase in effectiveness of scientific activities, enhancement of management system in the field of science, and also coordination of activities for increase in amount of scientific products and to expansion of the range of innovative products on the basis of commercialization of scientific developments on permanent basis;
The chairman of the board of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, hokim of areas and the city of Tashkent, heads of the responsible ministries, departments and other organizations - for ensuring timely, high-quality and full implementation of the actions provided in the Concept and "Road map", implementation of the scientific projects directed to the scientific solution of the available problems of the respective regions on the basis of forming of regional programs for scientific activities;
The president of Academy of Sciences (B. S. Yuldashev) - for complete adaptation of scientific and innovative activities of the scientific organizations of system of Academy of Sciences to requirements of industries of economy and the social sphere, increase in quantity and expansion of scale of implementation of highly effective scientific developments and technologies.
15. To provide to republican council on science and technologies in two weeks fixing of the relevant state bodies and organizations to National broadcasting company of Uzbekistan, National news agency of Uzbekistan and other mass media for the purpose of the organization until the end of 2020 of performances and thematic telecasts on extended coverage among scientific community and the population of the purposes and tasks of this Decree.
16. To impose control of execution of this Decree on the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan A. N. Aripov and the adviser to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan A. A. Abduvakhitov.
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
to the Presidential decree of the Republic of Uzbekistan of October 29, 2020 No. UP-6097
Strategic objective of the Concept of development of science till 2030 (further - the Concept) is transition to innovative and high-technology format of development of national economy, involvement and purposeful mobilization of competitive advantages of our country, expansion of amount of innovative products, the direction of investments into the industries providing the advancing economic growth, increase many times in population level of living, search of the scientific solution of urgent problems of the social sphere on the basis of innovative approaches, scientific research and the achieved results, development of scientific cooperation at the international level, ensuring execution of the laws "About Science and Scientific Activities" and "About Innovative Activities".
The concept determines the main directions, tasks, medium-term and long-term stages of development of science and scientific activities, and also is basis for development of target programs and complex measures in this sphere.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.