of September 3, 2020 No. 671
About approval of Sanitary regulations about the extraction solvents used in case of production of foodstuff and food ingredients
Based on part (5) article 14 of the Law No. 306/2018 on safety of foodstuff (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2019, Art. No. 59-65, 120), with subsequent changes, and article 6 of the Law No. 10/2009 on the state supervision of public health (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2009, No. 67, the Art. 183), with subsequent changes, DECIDES: the Government
1. Approve Sanitary regulations about the extraction solvents used in case of production of foodstuff and food ingredients it (is applied).
2. To impose control of execution of this resolution on the Ministry of Health, work and social protection.
Minister of Health, work and social protection
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of September 3, 2020, No. 671
These Sanitary regulations about the extraction solvents used in case of production of foodstuff and food ingredients (further - Regulations), shift the Directive 2009/32/EC of the European parliament and Council of April 23, 2009 about approximation of laws of state members about the used extraction solvents in production of foodstuff and food ingredients published in the Official magazine of the European Union (OJ) No. L 141 of June 6, 2009 with the changes made by the Directive (EU) 2016/1855 Commissions of October 19, 2016 published in the Official magazine of the European Union (OJ) No. L 284 of October 20, 2016.
1. These Regulations are applied to the extraction solvents used or held for use in production of foodstuff or food ingredients, and also to all extraction solvents used or held for use in production of the foodstuff or food ingredients imported to the country.
2. These Regulations are not applied to the extraction solvents used in case of production of food supplements, vitamins and other nutritional supplements if only these food supplements, vitamins and nutritional supplements are not included in appendix, and also do not extend to the extraction solvents or foodstuff intended for export.
3. Operators of the food sector guarantee that use of food supplements, vitamins and other nutritional supplements does not lead to presence at foodstuff of extraction solvents at the residual quantities hazardous to health of the person.
4. For the purposes of these Regulations the following concepts are used:
1) the solvent - any substance used for dissolution of foodstuff or one of its components including any pollutants which are present at foodstuff;
2) the extraction solvent - the solvent used in the procedure of extraction during processing of raw materials, foodstuff or components or ingredients of these products who leaves, but can cause inadvertent, but technically inevitable presence of remaining balance or derivatives at foodstuff or food ingredient.
6. Other substances and materials as extraction solvents are not applied, and conditions of use or the admissible level of remaining balance of the extraction solvents listed in appendix shall meet the specifications specified in appendix.
7. Water to which regulators of acid or alkalinity and other food substances with properties of solvents are added are used as extraction solvents in case of production of foodstuff or food ingredients.
8. The substances and materials listed in appendix as extraction solvents correspond to the following general and specific criterions of purity:
1) do not contain dangerous quantity of any element or substance from the toxicological point of view;
2) taking into account the exceptions following from the specific criteria of purity accepted according to the subitem (3) 9, more than 1 mg/kg of arsenic or more than 1 mg/kg of lead do not contain Item;
3) correspond to the specific criteria of purity accepted according to the subitem (3) Item 9.
9. The Ministry of Health, work and social protection in accordance with the established procedure develops and claims:
1) analysis methods necessary for check of compliance to general and specific criterions of purity, stipulated in Item 8;
2) the procedure of sampling and the methods of qualitative and quantitative analysis of the extraction solvents provided in appendix and used in foodstuff or food ingredients;
3) if necessary, the specific criteria of purity of extraction solvents included in appendix, and, in particular, the most admissible limits of content of mercury and cadmium in these solvents.
10. The substances included in appendix and held for use as extraction solvents in foodstuff come for realization to the market if their packaging, containers or labels contain the following accurately visible, easily readable and nonerasable characteristics:
1) the trade name specified in appendix;
2) accurate specifying on the fact that material has proper quality for use in extraction of foodstuff or food ingredients;
3) the reference according to which it is possible to identify batch or loading regulation;
4) name or trade name and address of the producer, packer or seller;
5) net weight in unit of volume;
6) if necessary, special storage conditions or uses.
11. The specifications provided in subitems of 3)-6) of Item 10, shall be specified also in the transport documents relating to loading regulation or consignment which are provided in delivery time or to it.
12. This head does not mention the regulations concerning the weight and units of measure or the regulations applied to classification, packaging and marking of dangerous substances and mixes.
13. Sale of extraction solvents is forbidden if the specifications provided in this Chapter are not provided in state language of the Republic of Moldova. This provision does not exclude specifying of specifications in several languages.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.