of August 17, 2020 No. 133
About water disposal and treatment facilities of the biospheric territory of "Ysyk-Kol" (Issyk Kul)
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 24, 2020
This Law is directed to realization of the rights of citizens to the ecological circle, preserving single ecological system of the biospheric territory of "Ysyk-Kol" (Issyk Kul), favorable for life and health, taking into account inclusion of the biospheric territory of "Ysyk-Kol" (Issyk Kul) in Planetary network of biospheric wildlife reserves of the Program of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) created as the territory on preserving objects of world historical and cultural heritage and unique ecosystems, in view of the status of especially protected natural territory of national value, importance of protection and preserving flora and fauna is directed to reducing adverse effect of sewage on the environment, prevention of pollution of ecosystem of the Lake Issyk Kul:
- as a result of implementation of the economic, trading, recreational and other activities connected with direct dumping of household and other economic drains into the lake Issyk Kul;
- as a result of hit and infiltration of considerable amount of the contaminated (not cleared) household drains in surface, underground water and the lake Issyk Kul.
For the purposes of this Law the following concepts are used:
1) waste water - orderly taken away (returned) by means of technical constructions and means from economic link of water cycle in natural links (lake, river, litogenny). The generalized name economic and household, production, exhaust, the rain (snow), drainage and other taken-away waters which properties were worsened as a result of activities of the person;
2) water disposal - engineering procedure with use of complex of engineering constructions and the equipment for the purpose of removal of waste, storm and thawed snow from settlements, recreational, industrial facilities with their subsequent transfer on treatment facilities;
3) sewage treatment - destruction or removal from sewage of pollutants, disinfecting and removal of pathogenic organisms;
4) recreation objects - the boarding houses located within the biospheric territory of "Ysyk-Kol" (Issyk Kul), resorts, rest houses, cottage settlements, guest houses and other objects, irrespective of patterns of ownership and legal form of implementation of business activity, the providing recreational and guest services, services in improvement, accommodation, rest, tourism;
5) Public fund "Fund of Development of the Nature" - The public fund "Fund of Development of the Nature" (further - Fund of development of the nature) founded by the decision of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic according to the Strategic agreement on environmental protection and development of investments between the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Tsenterra Gold Ink. company, Kumtor Gold Company private company and Kumtor Opereyting Company private company of September 11, 2017.
1. Construction of constructions on sewage treatment, their repair and recovery are financed by means of republican and local budgets, not budgetary funds, grant and borrowing facilities, fund of development of the nature and other financial sources which are not contradicting the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Financial resources of Fund of development of the nature are spent according to the procedure, determined by its Supervisory board, in priority procedure are spent for the following events:
1) preparation of town-planning documents, drafts of the feasibility statement (FS) on complex construction of treatment facilities;
2) development of regulatory legal acts, technical standard rates (standards) on implementation of modern technologies in the field of sewage treatment;
3) construction of the state and municipal objects for sewage treatment.
3. For the purpose of implementation of this Law financial resources of Fund of development of the nature can be allocated for joint financing of the funds and projects providing attraction of financial resources of the international financial institutions, the donor countries and other sources which are not contradicting the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. Settlements, recreation objects, industrial facilities, objects of public catering within zone of the biospheric territory of "Ysyk-Kol" (Issyk Kul) are without fail provided with water disposal (sewerage) and (or) constructions on sewage treatment.
2. Since January 1, 2021 within zone of the biospheric territory of "Ysyk-Kol" (Issyk Kul) according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic designing, issue of allowing documentation on construction, the conclusions state ecological and state construction examinations, putting into operation of objects of recreation, industrial facilities, objects with the average daily indicator of amount of sewage which is exceeding the average daily indicator of amount of sewage for households determined in accordance with the established procedure, the drains which do not have connection to system of water disposal for the subsequent transfer on clearing construction or not having own construction on sewage treatment are not allowed.
3. Since January 1, 2024 within zone of the biospheric territory of "Ysyk-Kol" (Issyk Kul) functioning of objects of recreation, industrial facilities, objects with the average daily indicator of amount of sewage which is exceeding the average daily indicator of amount of sewage for households determined in accordance with the established procedure, the drains which do not have connection to system of water disposal for the subsequent transfer on clearing construction or not having own construction on sewage treatment is forbidden.
1. Physical, legal and the officials guilty of violation of requirements of this Law bear the responsibility provided by the Code of the Kyrgyz Republic about violations and the Code of the Kyrgyz Republic about offenses, criminal, disciplinary, financial responsibility according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Powers of state bodies are determined by implementation of this Law by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
This Law is subject to official publication and becomes effective since January 1, 2021.
To the government of the Kyrgyz Republic in six-months time to bring the regulatory legal acts into accord with this Law.
To the government of the Kyrgyz Republic in six-months time to develop the relevant standards meeting the requirements of modern technologies for sewage treatment.
President of the Kyrgyz Republic
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.