of August 22, 2020
About the international humanitarian assistance in case of emergency situation
This Law establishes legal, organizational and economic bases of the international humanitarian assistance in case of emergency situation.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the international humanitarian assistance in case of emergency situation (further - international aid) - help given by the helping subject to any state in liquidations of emergency situation and its effects, and the help in carrying out rescue, recovery, and also other urgent works;
2) the principle of "one window" - the procedure entered into single system of activities of the working groups on international assistance created for the purpose of operational interaction in the field of international aid and the omission in the simplified and accelerated procedure through Frontier of Turkmenistan arriving to Turkmenistan of the international personnel, goods, objects of supply, the equipment and vehicles;
3) the international helping subject - foreign state, its legal entity or physical person, the international organization, intergovernmental organization, the non-governmental international organization participating in rendering international aid to Turkmenistan or performing transit of the international personnel, goods, objects of supply, the equipment and vehicles through the territory of Turkmenistan for international assistance to other foreign state;
4) the international personnel - the physical persons of foreign state participating in rendering international aid to Turkmenistan who before their hiring by the international helping subject as employees or volunteers were not the citizens of Turkmenistan or foreign citizens and persons without citizenship who are constantly living in Turkmenistan;
5) the helping subject - the international or national helping subject participating in international assistance both in the territory of Turkmenistan and in the territory of foreign state;
6) legal privileges - the special rights and privileges provided to the right having subject according to this Law;
7) the right having subject - the helping subject on which the decision on investment with its right to the legal privileges established by this Law is made;
8) services - international assistance (household, utility, medical and other services, search and rescue works) by the victim in case of emergency situation, activities or operations performed for satisfaction of their requirements;
9) the national helping subject - the legal entities or citizens of Turkmenistan, and also the foreign citizens and persons without citizenship who are constantly living in Turkmenistan, participating in international assistance both in the territory of Turkmenistan and in the territory of foreign state;
10) vehicles - the vehicles established by the legislation of Turkmenistan, operated by the helping subject or from his name, used for international assistance both in the territory of Turkmenistan and in the territory of foreign state;
11) supply objects - the material, food, medical and other products and means intended for international assistance and also the necessities (foodstuff, clothes, footwear, sanitary products, medicines, products of medical appointment and others) intended for requirements satisfaction of persons which were injured in case of emergency situation;
12) local staff - the citizens of Turkmenistan, and also the foreign citizens and persons without citizenship who are constantly living in Turkmenistan, directed by Turkmenistan or hired by the international helping subject as hired employees or volunteers for the purpose of international assistance.
The legal basis of international aid is constituted by the Constitution of Turkmenistan, this Law, other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan regulating questions of international aid, and also the conventional principles and rules of international law.
1. This Law determines bases of rendering international aid to Turkmenistan, transit through the territory of Turkmenistan of international aid in foreign state which needs international assistance, rendering international aid by Turkmenistan to foreign states in case of emergency situation.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.