of April 13, 2020 No. 554-IX
About national infrastructure of geospatial data
This Law determines legal and organizational basis of creation, functioning and development of the national infrastructure of geospatial data aimed at providing effective acceptance by public authorities and local government bodies of management decisions, requirements satisfaction of society in all types of geographical information, integration in global and European infrastructures of geospatial data.
1. In this Law terms are used in such value:
1) basic geospatial data - public geospatial data which constitute the unified digital coordinate and spatial basis for production, integration and implementation of other activities with various geospatial data;
2) the producer of geospatial data (further - the producer of data) - public authority, local government body, physical person or legal entity which performs production and/or updating of geospatial data and metadata;
3) geographic information system - the information system intended for implementation of activities with geospatial data and metadata;
4) the geoportal - complex of program technical means, network services and services of the geospatial data providing display in the Internet of geospatial data and metadata, and also access for users to such data;
5) geospatial object - the object characterized by certain location on Earth and the existential coordinates determined in the installed system;
6) geospatial data - data set about geospatial object;
7) the holder of geospatial data (further - the holder of data) - the public authority, local government body, physical person or legal entity which orders receives and/or has geospatial data and metadata;
8) activities with geoprosranstvenny data and metadata - actions for production, updating, processing, storage, representation, visualization and use of geospatial data and metadata;
9) interoperability - capability of geospatial data, metadata, technical and software to the functional and information automated exchange;
10) the user - any physical person or legal entity which uses geospatial data;
11) metadata - data on geospatial data and/or services which give opportunity of search and use;
12) national infrastructure of geospatial data - the interconnected set of organizational structure, technical and software, basic and thematic sets of the geospatial data, metadata, services, technical regulations, standards, technical specifications necessary for production, updating, processing, storage, representation, use of geospatial data and metadata, other activities with such data;
13) the national geoportal - the official geoportal of national infrastructure of geospatial data which provides promulgation and access to geospatial data and metadata;
14) service - the program technical tool by means of which opportunity to perform search, viewing, access, loading, transformation of geospatial data and metadata and other activities for the following data is given;
15) thematic geospatial data - the geospatial data which are not carried to basic geospatial data.
The term "information system" is used in this Law in the value given in the Law of Ukraine "About information security in information and telecommunication systems", the terms "data" and "Internet" are used in the value given in the Law of Ukraine "About telecommunications", and the term "website" - in the value given in the Law of Ukraine "About electronic confidential services".
1. Operation of this Law extends to the relations arising in connection with creation, functioning and development of system of geospatial data, metadata, geoportals, geographic information systems (further - the sphere of national infrastructure of geospatial data).
1. National infrastructure of geospatial data is created, functions and develops on the following principles:
1) relevance, reliability, completeness, integrity, accuracy, justification, officiality of geospatial data;
2) interoperability and integration of the geospatial data obtained from various sources;
3) indefinitenesses and continuity of functioning of national infrastructure of geospatial data;
4) opennesses of geospatial data and metadata;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.