of December 21, 1995 No. 2707
About law-enforcement bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan
This Law determines the status, structure, powers and the organization of activities of law-enforcement bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Law-enforcement bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - law-enforcement bodies) are the state bodies performing according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan inquiry, pretrial investigation and operational search activities, and also executive and administrative functions on protection of public order and ensuring public safety, the prevention and suppression of criminal and other illegal infringement of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, interests of society and the state.
1. Tasks of law-enforcement bodies are:
1) protection of public order and ensuring public safety, including in the conditions of emergency or warlike situation;
2) prevention, identification, control of offenses and administrative offenses, disclosure and investigation of crimes, and also search of criminals;
3) prevention of offenses;
4) implementation of pretrial investigation, inquiry and administrative production within their competence established by the legislation;
5) execution of criminal penalties and administrative punishments;
6) law enforcement, law and order and maintenance of detention regime of convicts in bodies and organizations of criminal executive system and places of content of administratively arrested;
7) providing rights and legitimate interests of suspects, persons accused and convicts, and also citizens of criminal executive system of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
8) organization of correction of convicts;
9) protection of the state and other objects, physical persons, convoy of arrested and convicts, participation in release of hostages;
10) in necessary cases rendering assistance of the public fire service to bodies in ensuring fire safety;
11) state control of traffic safety;
12) state control of drug trafficking, psychotropic substances, precursors;
13) the state control of activities of the physical persons and legal entities occupied in the field of turnover of civil and office weapon and cartridges to it, civil pyrotechnic substances and products with their application;
14) the state control of activities of the subjects performing security activities, and also installation, adjustment and maintenance of means of the security alarm system;
15) protection of the state and other objects, convoy of arrested and convicts, participation in release of hostages;
16) implementation of visa work, control of observance by foreigners and persons without citizenship of rules of stay in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
17) implementation of documentation, production and issue to citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan of identity certificates and passports;
18) implementation of accounting and registration of citizens according to the procedure, determined by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
18-1) implementation of state registration and accounting of separate types of vehicles on vehicle identification number according to the procedure, determined by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
19) realization of state policy concerning refugees;
20) accomplishment of separate tasks in system of territorial defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan in wartime;
21) participation in carrying out together with other state bodies of quarantine, sanitary and nature protection actions, including in case of emergency situations, assistance to nature protection bodies in fight against poaching;
22) implementation of licensed and allowing activity according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
23) implementation of regime and security actions on especially important and osoborezhimny objects, the territories of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
24) implementation of international cooperation on the questions carried to maintaining law-enforcement bodies;
25) implementation of state policy in the field of drug trafficking, psychotropic substances, precursors and counteraction to their illicit trafficking and abuse of them;
26) participation in conducting anti-terrorist operation and ensuring legal regime of anti-terrorist operation with the right of application of the measures and temporary restrictions provided by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About counteraction to terrorism.
2. Other tasks can be assigned to law-enforcement bodies only by the law.
Activities of law-enforcement bodies are based on the principles of legality, one-man management, unity of system of law-enforcement bodies, publicity, interactions with law enforcement and other state bodies, officials, the organizations and citizens.
Single system of law-enforcement bodies form the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - the Ministry of Internal Affairs), the departments and other structural divisions subordinated to it departments of internal affairs of areas, the cities of republican value and the capital of the Republic which are its part on transport, city, district, district in the cities, settlement, linear law-enforcement bodies, bodies and organizations of criminal executive system, internal troops, the organizations of education, organization and other organizations.
As a part of law-enforcement bodies will be formed: criminal police, administrative police and other services of police, and also the military investigating authorities and military police of the Ministry of Internal Affairs having the status of military forming.
Creation, reorganization and abolition of divisions criminal, administrative and other services of police, and also military investigating bodies and military police of the Ministry of Internal Affairs are performed by the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The limit of the number of staff of system of law-enforcement bodies affirms the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on representation of the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main objectives of criminal police are: identification, the prevention, suppression, disclosure and investigation of crimes, production of inquiry on cases on the crimes relating to maintaining law-enforcement bodies, the organization and implementation of search of persons who absconded inquiries and the vessels evading from execution and departure of criminal penalty, missing persons and in other cases stipulated by the legislation the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The criminal police is formed by the operational search, investigative, scientific and technical and other divisions necessary for the solution of the tasks facing it, directly subordinates to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.