of February 22, 2020 No. 201
About procedure for use of weapons and military equipment in case of protection of frontier of the Russian Federation in airspace
According to article 35 of the Law of the Russian Federation "About Frontier of the Russian Federation" the Government of the Russian Federation decides:
1. Approve the enclosed Rules of use of weapons and military equipment in case of protection of frontier of the Russian Federation in airspace.
2. Declare invalid the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of August 19, 1994 No. 977 "About procedure for use of weapons and military equipment in case of protection of Frontier of the Russian Federation in airspace" (The Russian Federation Code, 1997, No. 43, the Art. 4982).
Russian Prime Minister
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 22, 2020 No. 201
1. These rules establish procedure for use of weapons and military equipment in case of protection of frontier of the Russian Federation in airspace.
2. The aircrafts which crossed (crossing) frontier with violation of statutory rules are recognized violators of frontier (further - vessels violators) and concerning their forces on duty from structure of associations, connections and military units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (further - forces on duty) take measures for identification and establishment of communication with crews of courts violators for transfer of instructions to them on further actions.
The radio engineering (radar) forces and means exercising investigation and control of airspace of the Russian Federation, airplanes (helicopters) and antiaircraft rocket which are specially appointed for the solution of tasks of alert on air defense (rocket and artillery, artillery) forces and means, the ships (motor boats), forces and means of radio-electronic fight capable to combat means of aerospace attack, and also governing bodies of them belong to forces on duty.
3. In case of detection of the unknown aircraft which approached from the adjacent party frontier on distance of 50 kilometers (for the Southern and East military districts - 100 kilometers) and less and continuing flight in the direction of frontier, or in case of sudden detection in 150-kilometer strip from frontier over the territory of the Russian Federation of the unknown aircraft forces on duty are get ready No. 1, airplanes (helicopters) on duty rise in air, measures to establishment of radio communication with crew of the specified aircraft through relevant organs of servicing of air traffic (management of flights) and the next in the direction of its flight governing bodies of forces on duty are taken, and also collection of signs for classification of the specified aircraft is performed.
In the absence of radio communication with the vessel violator crews of the airplanes (helicopters) lifted in air take measures for establishment with it visual communication. For this purpose to crew of the vessel violator the visual signals determined by the Convention on international civil aviation from the distance allowing to see them are given.
4. In case when crossing of frontier by the aircraft was the result of inadvertent actions of its crew or owing to force majeure (accident, accident, natural disaster, weather conditions menacing to safety of the aircraft, delivery of the salvaged people, rendering urgent medical care to crew members or passengers and also owing to other force majeure), governing bodies of forces on duty warn crew of this aircraft about its entry into airspace (about stay in airspace) the Russian Federation and help in recovery of orientation and exit out of limits of airspace of the Russian Federation is given or the airfield in the territory of the Russian Federation for landing is specified.
5. In case when because of weather or other adverse conditions it is not possible to establish radio communication and (or) visual connection with crew of the vessel violator, and also in case of impossibility to establish the state accessory and type of the aircraft, measures for its identification and continuous maintenance by radio engineering (radar) means and (or) airplanes (helicopters) within airspace of the Russian Federation, and also over the high sea before its entry into airspace of other state are taken. At the same time airplanes (helicopters) perform escort of the vessel violator at safe distance or are removed in watch zone in air from which its interception is provided.
6. Military, including equipped with arms military transport air the judgment violator whose crew does not carry out the radio commands given it and (or) visual signals on the violation termination, by actions of the airplanes (helicopters) lifted in air it is forced to landing to airfield or to exit out of limits of airspace of the Russian Federation.
In case of refusal by this vessel violator to carry out the given radio commands (visual signals) on landing or to exit out of limits of airspace of the Russian Federation on it weapon and military equipment of forces on duty is used on defeat.
7. In case of violation of frontier by the civil or not equipped with arms military transport aircraft which does not react to the radio commands and (or) visual signals given it and continues flight in depth of the territory or to the most important objects of the Russian Federation, the judgment violator is forced by the airplanes (helicopters) lifted in air to landing to airfield or to exit out of limits of airspace of the Russian Federation.
In case of refusal by courts violators to carry out the given radio commands and (or) visual signals on landing accomplishment (exit out of limits of airspace of the Russian Federation) or refusal to submit without explanation weapon and military equipment of forces on duty are applied in the procedure established by these rules in the presence of data on absence onboard the vessel violator of passengers.
8. In case of threat of violation or violation of frontier by the Russian aircrafts which underwent to stealing, forces on duty demand from these courts of making of landing to the airfields specified to them and (or) force them to landing.
In case of refusal by the vessel violator to carry out the given radio commands and (or) visual signals on making of landing and in the presence of data on absence onboard hostages on it weapon and military equipment of forces on duty is used on defeat.
9. The airplanes (helicopters) lifted in air from structure of forces on duty use weapon on defeat after clearly the vessel violator of the warning of intention expressed concerning crew to use this weapon by giving of radio commands and (or) visual signals, and also precautionary shots by maintaining precautionary fire.
In the absence of possibility of use of airplanes (helicopters) for defeat of the vessel violator means are applied in accordance with the established procedure antiaircraft rocket (rocket and artillery, artillery). The warning of use of weapons is performed by giving of radio commands.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.