of January 21, 2020 No. 20
About approval of the Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation
For the purpose of ensuring food security of the Russian Federation I decide:
1. Approve the enclosed Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation.
2. To the government of the Russian Federation:
in 3-month time to develop and approve the actions plan on realization of provisions of the Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation;
provide annually preparation of the reports to the President of the Russian Federation containing the analysis, assessment and the forecast of food security of the Russian Federation.
3. To federal bodies of the government and public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation to be guided by provisions of the Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation in practical activities and in case of development of the regulatory legal acts concerning ensuring food security of the Russian Federation.
4. Declare invalid the Presidential decree of the Russian Federation of January 30, 2010 No. 120 "About approval of the Doctrine of food security of the Russian Federation" (The Russian Federation Code, 2010, No. 5, the Art. 502).
President of the Russian Federation
Approved by the Presidential decree of the Russian Federation of January 21, 2020 No. 20
1. This Doctrine is the document of strategic planning in which official views of the purposes, tasks and the main directions of the state social and economic policy in the field of ensuring food security of the Russian Federation are reflected.
2. The concepts used in this Doctrine mean the following:
a) food security of the Russian Federation (further - food security) - condition of social and economic development of the country in case of which food independence of the Russian Federation is provided, is guaranteed physical and economic availability to each citizen of the country of the food products conforming to mandatory requirements in amounts it is at least rational regulations of consumption of the food products necessary for active and healthy lifestyle;
b) food independence of the Russian Federation (further - food independence) - self-sufficiency of the country main types of domestic agricultural production, raw materials and food;
c) rational regulations of consumption of food products - the diet presented in the form of set of products including food products in the amounts and ratios answering to the modern scientific principles of optimum food, considering the developed structure and traditions of food of the majority of the population;
d) economic availability of food - possibility of acquisition of food products of due quality at the developed prices, in amounts and assortment which meet recommended rational standards of consumption;
e) physical availability of food - the level of development of goods distribution infrastructure in case of which in all settlements of the country the possibility of acquisition by inhabitants of food products or catering services in amounts and assortment which meet recommended rational standards of consumption is provided;
e) indicator of food security - the quantity and quality characteristic of condition of food security allowing to estimate extent of its achievement on the basis of the accepted criteria;
g) the indicator of food security - quantitative or high-quality threshold value of sign on which assessment of extent of ensuring food security is carried out.
3. In this Doctrine provisions of Strategy of homeland security of the Russian Federation approved by the Presidential decree of the Russian Federation of December 31, 2015 No. 683, concerning food security develop, provisions of Strategy of economic safety of the Russian Federation for the period till 2030 approved by the Presidential decree of the Russian Federation of May 13, 2017 No. 208, and other documents of strategic planning are considered.
4. This Doctrine is basis for development of regulatory legal acts in the field of ensuring food security, development rural and fishery.
5. This Doktrina considers recommendations of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) about limiting share of import and inventories of food resources.
6. Food security is one of the main directions of ensuring national security of the country in the long-term period, factor of preserving its statehood and sovereignty, the most important component of social and economic policy, and also necessary sales term of strategic national priority - improvement of quality of life of the Russian citizens by guaranteeing high standards of life support.
7. In development of provisions of Strategy of homeland security of the Russian Federation by national interests of the state in the sphere of food security for the long-term period are:
a) improvement of quality of life of the Russian citizens due to sufficient food supply;
b) providing population with high-quality and safe food products;
c) sustainable development and upgrade rural and fishery and infrastructure of the domestic market;
d) development of production of agricultural products, raw materials and food which correspond to the established ecological, sanitary and epidemiologic, veterinary and other requirements;
e) increase in efficiency of the state support of agricultural producers, and also the organizations, the individual entrepreneurs performing primary and (or) subsequent (industrial) conversion of agricultural products, and also expansion of their access to the corresponding markets;
e) development of breeding livestock production, selection of plants, seed farming and aquaculture (fish breeding), development of production of compound feeds, feed additives for animals, medicines for veterinary application, mineral additives, including due to implementation of the competitive domestic technologies based on the latest developments of science;
g) recovery and increase in fertility of lands in agricultural purpose, prevention of reducing acreage of agricultural purpose, rational use of such lands, protection and preserving agricultural holdings from water and wind erosion and desertification;
h) non-admission of import to the territory of the Russian Federation of the gene engineering modified organisms for the purpose of their crops, cultivation and cultivation, and also their turnover, prohibition of cultivation and animal husbandry which genetic program is changed by methods of genetic engineering or which contain genetic material of artificial origin, and also control of import and turnover of the food products received with use of the gene engineering modified organisms (except for import and crops of the gene engineering modified organisms, cultivation of plants and animal husbandry when conducting examinations and research works);
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.