of December 30, 1998 No. 339-I
About the state control of turnover of separate types of weapon
This Law regulates the legal relationship arising in case of turnover of civil, office, military person-portable small and cold weapon in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and is directed to protection of life and health of citizens, property, ensuring public safety, protection of objects of the environment, resources, development of international cooperation in fight against crime and illegal distribution of weapon.
Provisions of this Law extend also to turnover of ammunition (cartridges).
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) firearms - weapon in which ejection of bullet, shell, the grenade from the channel of trunk results from impact of energy of powder or other charge;
2) alarm weapon - the weapon used for giving of sound, light and smoke signals;
3) gas weapon - weapon which use is based on use of the tear or irritating substances;
4) criminalistic requirements - the special technical requirements imposed to civil and office weapon and cartridges to it for the purpose of their identification and exception of possibility of illegal alteration;
6) traffic in weapons - production, assembly, alteration, realization (trade), transfer, donation, rewarding, inheritance, acquisition, collecting, exhibiting, accounting, storage, carrying, transportation, use, withdrawal, destruction, import of weapon to the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and export it from the Republic of Kazakhstan;
7) the manufacturer of weapon - the organization having the license for development, production, repair, arms trade;
8) the user of weapon - the physical person or legal entity which received weapon from the owner in temporary use;
9) acquisition of weapon - purchase, receipt of weapon as gift, award;
10) the owner of weapon - the physical person or legal entity owning weapon based on permission to acquisition, carrying and storage of weapon;
11) production of weapon - research, development, production, testing, assembly, art finishing, repair, alteration and destruction of weapon, production of cartridges and their components;
12) throwing weapon - weapon at which means of direct defeat of the purpose gets referral and movement by means of the muscular strength of the person or the mechanical device;
13) ammunition (cartridges) - the devices or objects which are structurally intended for shot from weapon of the corresponding type and defeat of the purpose (further - cartridges);
14) pneumatic weapon - weapon which weapon of destruction of the purpose receives directed movement due to energy compressed, the liquefied or cured gas;
15) cold weapon - weapon at which means of direct defeat of the purpose is put in action by means of the muscular strength of the person;
16) electric weapon - special adaptation which use is based on action of electric discharge.
The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of the state control of turnover of separate types of weapon is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts.
If the international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan establish other regulations, than those which are provided by this Law then are applied regulations of international treaties.
Weapon on the purpose is subdivided on:
1) fighting manual shooting and cold;
The weapon intended for the solution of fighting, operational and office and educational tasks, taken advantage by the relevant state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan and their divisions (further - Armed Forces, other troops and military forming, special state and law enforcement agencies), and also made for deliveries to other states belongs to military person-portable small and cold weapon.
Military person-portable small arms and cartridges to it are one of arms types
The procedure for turnover of military person-portable small arms and cartridges to it, and also cold weapon is determined by the rules of turnover of arms and military equipment approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The weapon used by citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the purpose of self-defense, sports activities and hunting belongs to civil weapon. The civil firearms shall exclude firing by queues.
Civil weapon is subdivided on:
fire smooth-bore long-barreled weapon;
gas weapon - gas guns, revolvers and cartridges to them, the mechanical sprayers, aerosol and other devices equipped with the tear or irritating substances allowed for use by authorized body in the field of health care;
electric weapon - weapon and other objects which striking action is based on use of electrical energy, allowed for use by authorized body in the field of health care;
2) sports weapon:
fire with rifle barrel;
pneumatic with dulny energy over 3 J;
3) hunting weapon:
fire with rifle barrel;
fire smooth-bore, including with length of cut part no more than 140 mm;
fire combined (cut and smooth-bore), including with replaceable and supplementary rifle barrels;
pneumatic with dulny energy no more than 25 J;
4) alarm weapon.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.