of July 2, 1992 No. 1488-XII
About protection and use of objects of historical and cultural heritage
This Law determines the purposes, tasks and the legal basis in the field of protection and use of objects of historical and cultural heritage.
The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on protection and use of objects of historical and cultural heritage is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
If the international treaty ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan determines other rules by what those which contain in this Law then rules of the international treaty are applied.
The purposes of this Law are:
1) determination of objects of historical and cultural heritage, their protection and use;
2) fixing of the status of historical and cultural monument to objects of historical and cultural heritage;
3) regulation of the rights and obligations of physical persons and legal entities in the field of preserving objects of historical and cultural heritage;
4) differentiation of competence of state bodies in protection of objects of historical and cultural heritage;
5) establishment of measures of responsibility for causing damage to objects of historical and cultural heritage.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the list of preliminary accounting - the list of the objects of historical and cultural heritage revealed for the purpose of giving of the status of historical and cultural monuments to them;
2) ensembles - groups of the isolated or integrated monuments, structures and constructions of fortification, palace, residential, public, administrative, trade, production, scientific, educational assignment, and also monuments and constructions of religious appointment, including fragments of historical layouts and buildings of settlements, localizable in historically developed territories;
3) archeology monuments - parking, ancient settlements, barrows, remaining balance of ancient settlements, strengthenings, productions, channels, roads, the ancient places of burials, stone sculptures, rock drawings and texts, sites of historical occupation layer of ancient settlements and other places having traces of life and activities of the ancient person;
4) monuments of town planning and architecture - architectural complexes and complexes, historic centers, quarters, the areas, streets, remaining balance of the ancient layout and building of the cities and other settlements; constructions of civil, residential, industrial, military, cult architecture, national architecture, and also related works of monumental, arts and crafts and landscape gardening art, natural landscapes;
5) the security obligation - the document fixing condition of historical and cultural monument at the time of execution of this document and condition of keeping of historical and cultural monument by the owner or the user;
5-1) memorial board - the plate from marble, granite, metal or other materials containing information on the outstanding personality and number denominator event, established on facades of buildings and constructions;
5-2) new constructions of monumental art - performing monumental art (monuments, steles, busts) established for perpetuation of memory of outstanding persons, significant historical events;
5-3) memorial estate - the organization of culture created for preserving, studying and public representation of objects of historical and cultural heritage and cultural values;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.