of August 31, 1991 No. UP-240
About amnesty in connection with declaration of independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Due to the declaration of independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan I decide:
1. Exempt from custodial sanction, and also from the punishment which is not connected with imprisonment, convicts:
a) 60 years are more senior than men and 55 years are more senior than women;
b) persons recognized as disabled people of I and II groups;
c) the women having minor children, and also expectant mothers;
d) participants of the Great Patriotic War and persons equated to them.
2. Exempt from punishment of the women condemned to imprisonment for a period of up to 5 years inclusive or to the punishment which is not connected with imprisonment.
3. Exempt from punishment of the male minors condemned to imprisonment for a period of up to 3 years inclusive or to the punishment which is not connected with imprisonment.
4. Exempt from serving of additional punishment in the form of the reference and expulsion of persons listed in articles 1 and 2 of the Decree.
5. To persons which are not falling under operation of articles 1, 2 both 3 Decrees and the offender for the first time for the crimes which are not heavy and also for the crimes committed on imprudence - to cut the rest of punishment by half.
6. Stop production all investigative cases and cases which are not considered by courts:
a) about the crimes committed before entry into force of this Decree by persons listed in article 1 of the Decree;
b) about crimes for which the law prescribes custodial sanction for a period of up to 5 years inclusive or the punishment which is not connected with imprisonment, made before entry into force of this Decree by persons listed in article 2 of the Decree.
c) about crimes for which the law prescribes custodial sanction for a period of up to 3 years inclusive or the punishment which is not connected with imprisonment, made before entry into force of this Decree by persons listed in article 3 of the Decree.
7. Amnesty is not applied to persons listed in Articles 1, of 2, 3 and 5 Decrees from number:
a) condemned for especially dangerous high treasons, and also for violation of national and racial equality; disclosure of the state secret; gangsterism; actions, disorganizing work of correctional institutions; smuggling; mass riots; production or sale of counterfeit money and securities, abuse of regulations about currency transactions;
b) recognized as especially dangerous recidivists;
c) condemned for premeditated murder; intentional heavy bodily harm; infringement of life of the employee of militia or national combatant; rape in case of aggravating circumstances; racketing of the state-owned, cooperative or public property; plunder of the state-owned or public property in special and large sizes; theft of the state-owned or public property with penetration into the room or other storage; theft with penetration into the dwelling; robbery in case of aggravating circumstances; robbery; racketing in case of aggravating circumstances (racket); taking of a bribe, bribery or mediation in bribery, made in case of aggravating circumstances; malicious, special and malicious hooliganism, and also for the crimes provided by Articles 209-2, 209-3, 210-1, part two of Article 213 and articles 216-2, 216-3, 216-4 and 216-5 of the Criminal code of the Uzbek SSR.
d) offenders repeatedly to imprisonment for intentional crimes, and also previously convicted to imprisonment for the crimes specified in the Items "and" and "v" of this article of the Decree;
e) earlier exempted from punishment according to the procedure of pardon or amnesty and again committed intentional crime;
e) not completed full course of treatment for alcoholism, drug addiction or venereal diseases;
g) it is malicious breaking the mode in term of imprisonment.
8. This Decree becomes effective from the date of its edition, extends only to the persons condemned by courts of the Uzbek SSR and brought to trial by investigating bodies of the republic and is subject to execution within three months.
Republic of Uzbekistan I. Karimov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.