of October 2, 1992 No. 2657-XII
This Law governs the relations concerning creation, collection, obtaining, storage, use, distribution, protection, information protection.
the document - the material carrier containing information which basic functions is its preserving and peredavayemost in time and space;
information protection - set of the legal, administrative, organizational, technical and other actions providing preserving, integrity of information and proper procedure for access to it;
information - any data and/or data which can be saved on material carriers or are displayed in electronic form;
the subject of powers of authority - public authority, local government body, other subject performing imperious managerial functions according to the legislation including in pursuance of the delegated powers.
1. The basic principles of information relations are:
security of the right to information;
openness, availability of information, freedom of information exchange;
reliability and completeness of information;
freedom of expression of views and beliefs;
legitimacy of obtaining, use, distribution, storage and information protection;
security of person from intervention in its private and family life.
1. The main directions of the state information policy are:
ensuring access of everyone to information;
providing equal opportunities concerning creation, collection, obtaining, storages, uses, distribution, protection, information protection;
creation of conditions for forming in Ukraine of information society;
ensuring openness and transparency of activities of subjects of powers of authority;
creation of information systems and networks of information, development of electronic control;
permanent updating, enrichment and storage of national information resource;
information security support of Ukraine;
assistance to international cooperation in the information sphere and to inclusion of Ukraine in world information space.
1. Subjects of information relations are:
consolidation of citizens;
subjects of powers of authority.
2. Object of information relations is information.
1. Everyone has the right to information providing possibility of free obtaining, use, distribution, storage and the information protection necessary for realization of the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests.
Realization of the right to information shall not break public, political, economic, social, spiritual, environmental and other rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of other citizens, is right, and interests of legal entities.
1. The right to information is provided:
creation of the mechanism of realization of the right to information;
creation of opportunities for open entry to statistical data, archive, library and museum stocks, other information banks, databases, information resources;
obligation of subjects of powers of authority to inform the public and mass media on the activities and the made decisions;
establishment of responsibility for violation of the legislation on information.
2. The right to information can be limited to the law for the benefit of homeland security, territorial integrity or public order, for the purpose of prevention of conflicts or criminal offenses, for public health care, for protection of reputation or the rights of other people, for prevention of disclosure of information obtained confidentially or for maintenance of the authority and impartiality of justice.
1. The right to information is protected by the law. The state guarantees to all subjects of information relations levels of the right and possibility of information access.
The subject of information relations can require elimination of any violations of its right to information.
3. The exception and destruction of printing editions, exhibits, information banks, documents of archive, library, museum stocks, except the cases established by the law or based on the judgment is forbidden.
4. The right to information created in the course of activities of physical person or legal entity, the subject of powers of authority or at the expense of physical person or legal entity, the Government budget of Ukraine, the local budget, is protected according to the procedure, determined by the law.
1. Language of information other laws of Ukraine and the international agreements which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine determine the Law of Ukraine "About ensuring functioning of Ukrainian as state",".
1. Main types of information activities is creation, collection, obtaining, storage, use, distribution, protection and information protection.
On content information is subdivided into such types:
information on the physical person;
information of help and encyclopedic nature;
information on state of environment (ecological information);
information on goods (work, service);
scientific and technical information;
other types of information.
1. Information on the physical person (personal data) - data or set of information about the physical person which is identified or can be specifically identified.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.