of October 31, 2019 No. 402
About approval of the Main directions of monetary policy of the Republic of Belarus for 2020
1. Approve the Main directions of monetary policy of the Republic of Belarus for 2020 (are applied).
2. To provide to National Bank together with Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus accomplishment of the Main directions of monetary policy of the Republic of Belarus for 2020.
President of the Republic of Belarus
Approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Belarus of October 31, 2019 No. 402
1. In 2020 monetary policy will keep succession and will promote the sustainable and balanced development of economy of the Republic of Belarus by means of ensuring price and financial stability.
2. Main objective of monetary policy is delay of inflationary tendencies. Realization of monetary policy will continue in the mode of monetary targeting.
3. For preserving financial stability work on restriction of systemic risks, maintenance of level of gold and foreign exchange reserves, ensuring safe and effective functioning of banks, non-bank credit and financial and not credit financial credit institutions *, JSC Development Bank Republic of Belarus, and also payment system will be continued.
* Not credit financial credit institutions are understood as leasing, microfinancial and other not credit financial credit institutions which regulation of activities is assigned to National Bank according to the legislation.
4. The solution of task of ensuring price and financial stability will be promoted by diversification and strengthening of structure of the financial market, including development of its non-bank segment, economy devalyutization.
5. For the purpose of building confidence in National Bank its communication policy will be directed to increase in openness and transparency of the monetary policy pursued in the Republic of Belarus.
6. The monetary policy in 2020 will be directed to stabilization of the inflation measured by consumer price index at the level of no more than 5 percent (December, 2020 by December, 2019).
7. The surplus of average wide money supply will remain intermediate reference point. Taking into account need of ensuring price stability the surplus of average wide money supply is predicted at the level of 8-11 percent (December, 2020 by December, 2019). The balanced growth of the cash offer will be promoted by maintenance in real terms of interest rates in economy at the positive level.
As operational reference point of monetary policy the interest rate for daily interbank credits in national currency will remain.
8. Work on strengthening of the importance of the percentage channel of the transmission mechanism of monetary policy for the purpose of increase in efficiency of impact of the decisions made by National Bank on economic activity and inflation will be continued, including taking measures to devalyutization of economy and the measures stimulating subjects of the economic relations to work with financial instruments in Belarusian rubles.
9. The operations performed on auction basis according to the approved schedule in the public market which parameters will be set proceeding from need of achievement of operational reference point will remain the main instrument of regulation of current liquidity of bank system. Constantly available tools of National Bank will limit interest rate fluctuations on daily interbank credits.
The refunding rate, as well as earlier, will play key role in case of regulation of the cash offer in economy. It will remain limiting rate of cutting off when carrying out 7-day auction transactions of National Bank, and also the center of the corridor set by interest rates for constantly available transactions of regulation of liquidity.
At the same time gradual narrowing of corridor of interest rates for constantly available transactions of regulation of liquidity for the purpose of decrease in volatility of cost of resources in the interbank market is provided.
10. The National Bank will continue to pursue course policy in the mode of the floating rate. This mode provides use of currency interventions for smoothing of acute fluctuations of Belarusian ruble exchange rate.
For decrease in extent of participation of National Bank in the biddings in the domestic foreign exchange market expansion of borders of operational interval and neutral range, and also reducing daily limit of interventions of National Bank is planned.
The National Bank will perform operations on purchase of foreign currency for replenishment of gold and foreign exchange reserves in case of steady excess of its offer over demand in the domestic foreign exchange market.
11. In 2020 work on legal fixing of responsibility and powers of National Bank and Government of the Republic of Belarus regarding ensuring financial stability will be continued. Mechanisms and instruments of ensuring financial stability, power, responsibility and method of interaction of the state bodies participating in the solution of this task will be specified.
The National Bank will create conditions for maintenance of rates of crediting, including consumer, at the level which is not leading to increase of systemic risks.
Further enhancement of tools of macroprudential policy and supervision on all segments of the financial market is provided. The considerable attention will be paid to restriction of systemic risks with use of indicator of debt load, indicator of security of the credit, system of measures on the basis of the settlement size of standard risk.
12. For the purpose of increase in economic safety of the country and ensuring financial stability the National Bank together with the Government of the Republic of Belarus will continue work on maintenance of level of the international reserve assets and improvement of their structure by repayment of part of currency obligations due to use of not debt sources.
Complete and timely obligation fulfillment of National Bank, and also reducing amount of refinancing of its internal obligations is provided in foreign currency. At the same time the National Bank does not plan to perform attraction of external loans and the credits.
13. In 2020 the National Bank will continue work on further implementation of international standards in the field of safe functioning of banks, non-bank credit and financial organizations and JSC Development Bank Republic of Belarus.
For the purpose of complex assessment of condition of banks, non-bank credit and financial organizations and JSC Development Bank Republic of Belarus according to established procedure carrying out overall supervising assessment is provided. For identification of negative tendencies in activities of banks, non-bank credit and financial organizations and JSC Development Bank Republic of Belarus at early stage monitoring of indicators of the early prevention will be performed.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.