of February 8, 2016 No. 40
About approval of Rules of physical protection of nuclear materials and nuclear installations
According to the subitem 6) article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2016 "About use of atomic energy" PRIKAZYVAYU:
1. Approve the enclosed Rules of physical protection of nuclear materials and nuclear installations.
2. To provide to committee of atomic and energy supervision and control of the Department of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) within ten calendar days after its state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan of the direction it the copy on official publication in periodic printing editions and in information system of law of Ad_let, and also in the Republican state company on the right of economic maintaining "The republican center of legal information" of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan for inclusion in Reference control bank of regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) placement of this order on official Internet resource of the Department of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and on the intranet portal of state bodies;
4) within ten working days after state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan submission to Department of legal service of the Department of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan of data on execution of the actions provided by subitems 2) and 3) of this Item.
3. To impose control of execution of this order on the supervising vice-Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
B. School student
It is approved
The minister on investments and to development of the Republic of Kazakhstan
February 11, 2016
_________________ A. Isekeshev
It is approved
Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan
February 19, 2016
_________________ K. Kasymov
It is approved
Chairman of Committee of homeland security of the Republic of Kazakhstan
February 18, 2016
_________________ V. Zhumakanov
Approved by the Order of the Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan of February 8, 2016 No. 40
1. These rules of physical protection of nuclear materials and nuclear installations (further – Rules) are developed according to the subitem 6) of article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About use of atomic energy" (further – the Law) and establish procedure for physical protection of nuclear materials and nuclear installations.
2. These rules extend on legal entities, performing activities for the treatment of the nuclear materials, natural uranium which are in their use and (or) stored and (or) on operation of nuclear installations in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In these rules the following terms and determinations are applied:
1) system of data collection and processing – the system intended for centralized collection and data analysis, consolidation of subsystems of physical protection in the single integrated system of physical protection for the purpose of display and (or) information transfer in required type and receipts of effective management function by system in general or separate subsystem in particular;
2) system of information security – complex of the organizational, technical, technology and other means, methods and measures reducing vulnerability of information on system of physical protection and its subsystems interfering unauthorized access to such information, its leakage or loss;
3) the sensor – the technical tool intended for automatic issue of signal in case of unauthorized action in the action area of this means;
4) especially important zone – the zone located in the zone of interior, containing the equipment, systems or devices, or nuclear materials concerning which diversion can lead to serious radiological effects directly or indirectly. In the zone of interior there can be several especially important zones;
5) authorized body in the field of use of atomic energy (further – authorized body) – the central executive body performing management in the field of use of atomic energy;
6) reaction – accomplishment of complex of actions for suppression of actions of the violator (violators) and liquidation of their effects;
7) the principle of two (three) persons – the principle of group work (including opening and rental of premises for protection) based on the requirement of simultaneous presence on workplace or in one room at least two (three) persons for decrease in possibility of making of unauthorized actions;
8) assessment of the situation – determination of the reasons of issue of alarm signal the sensor;
9) operational situation – set of circumstances and conditions of counteraction to unauthorized actions of violators;
10) local project threat – the document describing signs and characteristics of the potential internal violators and (or) external violators able developed by the operating organization to make attempt of unauthorized withdrawal or diversion, for counteraction to which the system of physical protection is created and estimated;
11) engineering obstacles – the artificial obstacles and barriers arranged for the purpose of difficulty of promotion and maneuver of violators, providing to forces of protection and reaction of favorable conditions for their blocking and detention, restriction of impact of animals and people on linear part of technical means of physical protection and control and trace strips;
12) forces of protection and reaction – the divisions of the state departments which are in the territory of nuclear object or beyond its limits equipped and trained for counteraction to attempt of unauthorized withdrawal or the act of diversion, and also the non-departmental divisions of protection performing such functions taking into account the available licenses;
13) protection post – the stationary place and (or) the site of the area on which the personnel of forces of protection and reaction carry out the functional obligations;
14) access – realization of permission to pass (drive), stay, performance of works in the protected zone, obtaining or acquaintance with certain documents and data;
15) access delay – the element of system of physical protection intended for increase in time of penetration (promotion) in the violator on entrance (entrance) and (or) exit (departure) from the protected zone or means of transportation (transportation);
16) central control – workplace of the operator of systems of physical protection which provides complete and continuous monitoring of the disturbing alarm system, assessment of signals and maintenance of communication with personnel of forces of protection and reaction, with object management;
17) the analysis of vulnerability – process of identification of weak spots of nuclear object, the company for production and (or) the treatment of natural uranium, engineering procedures of use and storage of nuclear materials, proceeding from the accepted project threat, and also determination of probable methods of implementation of threats;
18) self-protection – complex of the organizational and technical events held in working hours by personnel of the operating organization for the purpose of exception of unauthorized access to the protected rooms;
19) the operating organization – the legal entity performing activities for the address with subjects to use of atomic energy;
20) nuclear object of the operating organization (further – nuclear object) – the territory protected by forces of protection and reaction in which nuclear materials are used or stored and (or) nuclear installations are placed;
21) peripheral devices – remote technical means of physical protection;
22) the admission – the permission to pass (drive) and stay in the protected zone, carrying out certain work, receipt of certain documents and data or acquaintance with them which is drawn up in accordance with the established procedure;
23) unauthorized action – making or attempt of making of intervention, diversion, unauthorized withdrawal of nuclear material, natural uranium, unauthorized access, bringing (transportation) of the prohibited objects, inactivation of means of physical protection;
24) unauthorized withdrawal – plunder or other illegal capture of nuclear material, natural uranium;
25) unauthorized access – access without documentary drawn up right to it;
26) categorized buildings, constructions and rooms – buildings, constructions and rooms with limited access concerning which unauthorized actions, can lead to radiological effects;
27) natural uranium – the uranium containing on weight about uranium-238, isotope % 99,28 about 0,71 of % of isotope of uranium-235 and about uranium-234 isotope % 0,01;
28) the violator – the person who made or trying to make unauthorized action, and also person rendering him assistance in it;
29) neutralization of the violator – realization of set of actions of system of physical protection in relation to the violator therefore he loses possibility of achievement of the purposes;
30) system of telecommunications – set of cable means and linearly - the cable constructions intended for ensuring reliable exchange of information between the systems which are part of system of physical protection;
31) efficiency evaluation – process of efficiency analysis of specific system of physical protection in relation to project and local project to threats;
32) physical protection – single systems of organizational and technical measures for prevention of unauthorized access to subject to use of atomic energy;
33) personnel of physical protection – persons to whose job responsibilities accomplishment of functions on ensuring physical protection belongs;
34) the mode of physical protection – the mode including the legislative and normative bases regulating ensuring physical protection of nuclear materials and nuclear installations; organizations and organizations responsible for ensuring realization of legal and normative framework; and also systems of physical protection of nuclear installations, nuclear materials and means of transportation of nuclear materials;
35) complex of technical means of physical protection – set of functionally connected technical means of physical protection and the systems on their basis combined by general task on ensuring physical protection;
36) the technical means of physical protection which - are structurally finished, performing independent hardware-software functions of the device, being part of system of physical protection;
37) physical barrier – the protecting engineering construction and (or) means providing delay of access and supplementing measures for access control, and also solving problems both independently, and in total with other components of complex of engineering means of physical protection;
38) functional testing – check for the purpose of determination that measures of physical protection and system of physical protection are provided and function in compliance with the project, are adequate for expected environment, the industrial circle and situation in case of threat, and conform to the established requirements imposed to functioning;
39) the internal violator – person having the authorized access to nuclear materials and (or) nuclear installations, the company for production and (or) the treatment of natural uranium who can make attempt of unauthorized withdrawal of nuclear materials, natural uranium or diversion or to assist the external violator in making of such actions;
40) the system of detection of bringing (transportation) of nuclear materials, metals, explosives – set of the technical means intended for detection of unauthorized bringing (carrying out) and (or) import (export) of the prohibited objects and substances;
41) category of nuclear material – the characteristic of nuclear material from the point of view of its importance in case of application of measures of physical protection;
42) the plan of nuclear physical safety – the document establishing and describing elements of system of physical protection, management system organizational, technical components and procedures of physical protection of nuclear objects of the operating organization;
43) the event connected with nuclear physical safety – event which is estimated as implicating for physical protection.
3. Physical protection of nuclear materials, nuclear installations, the companies for production and (or) the treatment of natural uranium is provided with the operating organization.
4. In case of construction of new nuclear installation, the company for production and (or) the treatment of natural uranium ensuring physical protection is considered in case of the choice of the platform and on blueprint stage.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.