of March 12, 2019 No. 153
About approval of the Concept of the integrated management of Frontier of the Republic of Belarus
The Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES:
1. Approve the Concept of the integrated management of Frontier of the Republic of Belarus it (is applied).
2. To the state boundary committee together with the State Customs Committee in three-months time to develop and approve the actions plan on implementation of the Concept called in Item 1 of this resolution.
3. To the state boundary committee annually till February 1 to inform Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus on the course of accomplishment of the actions plan specified in Item 2 of this resolution.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus
Approved by the Resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of March 12, 2019 No. 153
1. This Concept determines essence of activities of the state bodies given the legislation authority in the field of the state boundary and customs policy (further - authorized state bodies) by implementation of the integrated management of Frontier of the Republic of Belarus (further - IUG) by means of the balanced development of its barrier and contact functions.
2. The purposes of IUG are increase in efficiency of the state activities directed to counteraction to boundary dangers and harmonization of rules (standards) accelerating the omission of physical persons, vehicles and goods through Frontier of the Republic of Belarus (further - Frontier).
3. Development of this Concept is caused by need of expansion of interdepartmental and interdepartmental interaction of authorized state bodies on realization of the state boundary and customs policy, and also increase in efficiency of use of instruments of international cooperation for the benefit of ensuring boundary safety of the Republic of Belarus.
This Concept is developed based on international treaties and regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Belarus, and also model of the integrated management of borders of the European Union.
The state boundary committee will organize interaction of authorized state bodies within IUG.
4. In this Concept the following main terms and their determinations are used:
IUG - the purposeful, coordinated at the interdepartmental, interdepartmental and international levels activities of authorized state bodies for ensuring the balanced development of barrier and contact functions of Frontier;
barrier function of Frontier - accomplishment of tasks by authorized state bodies according to the prevention, identification, suppression and prevention of illegal cross-border processes (cross-border unlawful activity);
contact function of Frontier - accomplishment of tasks by authorized state bodies on acceleration and development of legal cross-border processes;
subjects of IUG - the authorized state bodies and their divisions interacting at the interdepartmental, interdepartmental and international levels for goal achievement of IUG;
object of IUG - the relations arising in the course of execution of the legislation on Frontier and customs regulation in the Republic of Belarus and also the international treaties of the Republic of Belarus regulating boundary and customs questions;
the IUG system - set of the interacting subjects of IUG and means used by them for goal achievement of IUG;
the IUG interdepartmental level - the first step of interaction within IUG realized between structural divisions of one subject of IUG;
the IUG interdepartmental level - the second step of interaction within IUG realized between subjects of IUG of the Republic of Belarus;
the IUG international level - the third step of interaction within IUG realized by means of cooperation between subjects of IUG of the Republic of Belarus, adjacent and other foreign states with the assistance of the international organizations;
cross-border processes - crossing of Frontier by physical persons and vehicles, movement through customs border of the Republic of Belarus of goods and vehicles.
5. The main state bodies participating in goal achievement of IUG are the bodies of the border service and customs authorities performing (carrying out) border and customs control at check points through the State (customs) border including with use of analysis system and management of boundary and customs risks.
For the purpose of IUG at check points through Frontier authorized state bodies carry out sanitary and quarantine, veterinary also other types of control, phytosanitary quarantine control (supervision).
6. Provisions of this Concept consider national interests of the Republic of Belarus in boundary space, the potential and real boundary dangers reflected in the Concept of ensuring boundary safety of the Republic of Belarus for 2018-2022 approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Belarus of October 16, 2018 No. 410, the principles of functioning of the Eurasian Economic Union, and also the Sustainable development goal of state members of the UN.
7. The Republic of Belarus is on joint of geopolitical and economic spaces of the Eurasian Economic Union and the European Union forming the largest consumer markets of the world. It causes influence of set of the economic, sociocultural, criminogenic and other factors concentrated both on Frontier and on the transit routes passing through Belarus.
Realizing barrier function of Frontier, the Republic of Belarus protects interests of the European Union from the cross-border criminal, terrorist (extremist) and other boundary dangers created in the east and at the same time protects interests of the Eurasian Economic Union from the same dangers created in the West.
8. Participating in the Chinese global project "One Belt — One Way" on upgrade of the overland trade "Silk way" connecting economy of China, Russia and the European Union, the Republic of Belarus increases the potential of contact function of Frontier.
Being guided by international treaties, and also the principles of strategic partnership with Russia and China, Belarus provides continued operation of the shortest transport corridors (ways) connecting Europe and Asia with respect thereto questions of ensuring high level of safety and dynamics of cross-border (transit) processes acquired special relevance.
The solution of the matters by IUG corresponds not only to national interests, but also common interests of cooperation between the states of Europe and Asia.
9. Taking into account the stated geopolitical conditions, and also negative factors creating dangers to national interests in boundary space, the main problematic issues in the field of IUG are:
incompleteness of international legal registration of Frontier;
depreciation of infrastructure of Frontier and border territory on the Polish direction, and also the insufficient level of its development on the Ukrainian and Baltic directions;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.