of September 23, 2019 No. 649
About approval procedure on implementation of activities around validity about Antarctic
For the purpose of accomplishment of Protocol provisions by the Republic of Belarus on environmental protection to the Antarctic Treaty of October 4, 1991 (further - the Protocol) and the Presidential decree of the Republic of Belarus of April 10, 2008 "About accession of the Republic of Belarus to the Protocol on environmental protection to the Antarctic Treaty" the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES: No. 200
1. Approve Regulations on approval procedure on implementation of activities around validity about Antarctic, introduction in it of changes and (or) amendments, prolongation of term, the terminations of its action and issue of the duplicate it (is applied).
2. Ceased to be valid according to the Resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of 25.03.2022 No. 175
Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus
Approved by the Resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of September 23, 2019 No. 649
1. This Provision developed according to Protocol provisions establishes approval procedure on implementation of activities around validity about Antarctic (further - permission), introduction in it of changes and (or) amendments, prolongation of effective period, the termination of its action and issue of the duplicate.
2. Requirements of this provision extend to the legal entities and individual entrepreneurs of the Republic of Belarus performing activities around validity about Antarctic of December 1, 1959 (further - the Antarctic Treaty) and addressed to National academy of Sciences of Belarus (further - NAS of Belarus) behind receipt of permission, introduction in it of changes and (or) amendments, prolongation of term of its action, issue of the duplicate (further - the applicant).
3. Implementation of activities around validity about Antarctic without receipt of permission is forbidden.
negative influences on nature of climate and weather of Antarctic;
considerable negative influences on quality of air and water;
considerable changes in atmospheric, land (including water), ice or sea circles;
harmful changes in distribution, quantity or productivity of types or populations of types of fauna and flora;
further danger to the types which are already under the threat of disappearance or populations of such types;
deterioration or substantial risk for regions of biological, scientific, historical, esthetic value or important in view of pristine nature.
5. Permission is drawn up on the special form and the NAS of Belarus is issued.
6. The NAS of Belarus keeps the register of the issued permissions and their duplicates, and also permissions which are terminated.
7. The NAS of Belarus performs coordination of activities for observance of the requirements and conditions of implementation of activities established in permission through the observers appointed according to Item 1 of article VII of the Antarctic Treaty (further - the observer of the Republic of Belarus), and the representatives appointed according to Item 2 of article IX of the Antarctic Treaty (further - the representative of the Republic of Belarus), within execution of the assigned functions by them.
The observer and the representative of the Republic of Belarus within execution of the assigned functions by them:
consider the acquired information during inspection, including it is direct in the territory of Antarctic;
accept in case of need the measures for elimination of the revealed business disruptions of the applicant entering their competence around validity about Antarctic and without delay inform on this NAS of Belarus.
8. For receipt of permission by the applicant or person, representative to be effective from his name, not later than six months prior to implementation of the planned activities in Antarctic the following documents are submitted to NAS of Belarus:
the statement across Belarus established by NAS to form on paper and electronic carriers;
the explanatory note containing data on assessment of impact of expected activities on the environment of Antarctic according to requirements of appendix 1 to the Protocol. The explanatory note shall contain information sufficient for carrying out provisional estimates and pronouncement of the reasonable conclusions about impact levels at the environment of Antarctic depending on the importance of impact, and also the project assessment (conclusion) of levels of impact of the planned activities on the environment of Antarctic depending on the importance of impact which is carried out according to article 8 of the Protocol;
the initial assessment of impact of the planned activities on the environment including the description of the offered activities (its purpose, the venue, duration and intensity), and also the description of alternatives to the offered activities and any impact which it can render, including consideration of joint impact of the planned types of activity - if project assessment determines impact on the environment as insignificant or limited by time;
the project of Comprehensive assessment of the environment (further - VOOS) prepared according to appendix 1 to the Protocol - if project assessment determines impact on the environment as more than insignificant or limited by time;
the document confirming financial provision of the civil responsibility of the applicant (the insurance contract of the civil responsibility or the document confirming solvency on implementation of the planned activities and possibility of liquidation of the emergency situations which arose when implementing such activities);
the action plan in emergency situations in Antarctic.
If applicant is the legal entity, the documents specified in part one of this Item are represented by the head of this legal entity personally or the other person authorized according to the charter (the foundation agreement - for the commercial organization acting only on the basis of the foundation agreement) or based on the power of attorney. If applicant is the individual entrepreneur, then the documents specified in part one of this Item can be provided by person authorized according to the power of attorney to be effective from his name.
9. The applicant shall specify authentic data in the submitted documents.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.