of July 30, 2019 No. 578
About approval of Rules on prevention of pollution from ships
According to subitem 55-39) of Item 3 of article 4 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 17, 2002 "About merchant shipping" PRIKAZYVAYU:
1. Approve the enclosed Rules on prevention of pollution from ships.
2. To provide to committee of transport of the Ministry of the industry and infrastructure development of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) within ten calendar days from the date of state registration of this order the direction it in the Kazakh and Russian languages in the Republican state company on the right of economic maintaining "Institute of the legislation and legal information of the Republic of Kazakhstan" for official publication and inclusion in Reference control bank of regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) placement of this order on Internet resource of the Ministry of the industry and infrastructure development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. To impose control of execution of this order on the supervising vice-minister of the industry and infrastructure development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
It is approved
Ministry of ecology, geology and natural resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan
"___" _________ 2019
Approved by the Order of the Minister of the industry and infrastructure development of the Republic of Kazakhstan of July 30, 2019 No. 578
1. These rules on prevention of pollution from ships (further - Rules) are developed according to subitem 55-39) of Item 3 of article 4 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 17, 2002 "About merchant shipping" (further - the Law) and determine procedure by prevention of pollution from ships.
2. Action of these rules extends to the ocean ships which are in operation, floating:
1) under National flag of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) under the flag of foreign state during their swimming or the parking in territorial and inland waters of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. These rules do not extend to vessels, flying the flag Naval forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan and sea parts of the border service of Committee of homeland security of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
4. In these rules the following basic concepts are used:
1) cargo remaining balance - the remaining balance of any load which is remaining on the deck or in holds after loading or unloading, including excesses or scatterings when loading and unloading, regardless of crude or dry condition of load or appeared in wash water, except for dust from load;
2) dirty ballast - oil-water mix which is formed in ship tanks, crude from oil, after acceptance of water-ballast in them;
3) ship drain waters - drains and other waste from all types of toilets, urinals, drains of sinks, bathtubs and scuppers, from medical rooms (out-patient clinic, infirmaries and others), drains from rooms which contain live animals, or other drains if they are mixed with the listed above drains;
4) garbage - all types of food, domestic and operational wastes, all types of plastic, remaining balance of load, ashes from incinerators, cooking fat, tools of fishing and carcass of animals which are formed in the course of regular operation of the vessel and subjects to permanent or periodic removal, except for hazardous substances;
5) oil-containing remaining balance - any remaining balance containing oil;
6) oil-containing mix - mix with any oil content;
7) the oil tanker - the vessel constructed or adapted mainly for oil shipment in bulk in the stowage spaces also includes universal vessels and the tanker for transportation of hazardous liquid substances;
8) incident - event which entailed or can entail dumping into the sea of hazardous substance or the drains containing such substance;
9) plastic - solid material which contains in quality of the main ingredient one high-molecular polymer or more and which is formed (is created) in time or productions of polymer, polymer production, or production for the purpose of receipt of end product by means of heating and/or pressure;
10) port reception facility - construction the coastal, floating or their combination in single technological system intended for acceptance from courts of oil, hazardous substances or the mixes containing such substances, garbage which accumulate in courts in the course of their regular operation;
11) food wastes - any spoiled or good foodstuff, such as the fruit, vegetables, dairy products, bird, meat products and food remaining balance which are formed on the vessel;
12) the tank - the enclosed space formed by permanent configuration items of the vessel and designed for transportation of liquid cargoes in bulk;
13) the tanker - the vessel constructed or adapted for carriage of liquid cargoes in bulk of any liquid product (tanker chemical carrier) and load of hazardous liquid substances in bulk including "oil tanker" if on it transportation as load or part of load of hazardous liquid substances is allowed by filling (the tanker for VZhV);
14) household garbage - all types of food, domestic waste and waste which are formed in living accommodations of the vessel;
15) authorized body - the central actuator performing management in the field of merchant shipping and also in limits, stipulated by the legislation the Republic of Kazakhstan, - cross-industry coordination;
16) the tanker chemical carrier - the vessel constructed or adapted for carriage of liquid cargoes in bulk of any liquid product;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.